"Nintendo Switch", News and Discussion on Nintendo's New System - It's Launch Time!

Jave

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, does this mean that the English narrator in the previous footage of BotW is gonna be the voice of Zelda? The one who tells Link what to do in the beginning of the game?

Please say it isn't so.

So:

If the point of the presentation was to make me keep a major eye on the Switch for interested titles, then it succeeded.

If the point of the presentation was to make me want one at launch, then it's a grade-a failure.

Three launch titles. THREE confirmed launch titles. The Wii U had 30 launch titles.

Zelda at launch will certainly make up for a lack a lack of launch titles for a lot of people.

I'm not sure what I think of voice acting in BoTW... I guess I'm fine, as long as Link doesn't talk.

Zelda got a lot more anime suddenly though, just by adding voices.

That "anime" feeling you for from Zelda most likely came from the fact that the trailer used japanese voices.

Whelp, this concludes the presentation.

Overall the presentation was cool. The first titles are ok, the controllers are innovative and Switch so far seems to me like Wii 2.0 crossed with a 3DS.

What hyped me most was Xenoblade 2 and FE Warriors. FE Warriors is a must have to me. Zelda being launch title is a plus, although I don't see it carrying the Switch throughout the year. The OST sounds spectacular and it looks really good.

I think I'll go for first day purchase!

I hope we get even more though!

I'm not sure what I think of voice acting in BoTW... I guess I'm fine, as long as Link doesn't talk.

Zelda got a lot more anime suddenly though, just by adding voices.

Yeah. I've honestly always liked the limited voice acting in Zelda. The incoherent mumbles and stuff when people talk. It's pretty charming and doesn't have a disparity between talking to NPCs and important cutscenes. Having voice acting isn't like a major factor against the game but I could certainly have lived without it. Voice acting in games with a silent protagonist also tend to feel pretty awkward since the character not saying something is a lot more noticable.

I'll be honest, the presentation was a little underwhelming. A good bit of their games announced were known about, like Skyrim and Zelda. Zelda was also known to be a launch title, but that doesn't matter much if it's the only launch title.

Hopefully we get some more announcements in the next few weeks. They really need a big list of games for this thing over the next year if they hope to sell well. I highly doubt Arms and a Swuare Enix game that looks like it belongs on the snes are going to draw people to the system. Skyrim has already been released, the only thing that was really about was Bethesda working with Nintendo.

And I am surprised there was no Smash Bros reveal. Was thinking they were at least going to tease something.

For me the presentation was pretty cool. Zelda Breath of the wild, Xenoblade 2, new Mario and Fire Emblem worries make me very happy....but the lack of launch titles is a bit of a concern. There are only 3 launch games so far and only one of those actually looks appealing.

I'll be honest, the presentation was a little underwhelming. A good bit of their games announced were known about, like Skyrim and Zelda. Zelda was also known to be a launch title, but that doesn't matter much if it's the only launch title.

Hopefully we get some more announcements in the next few weeks. They really need a big list of games for this thing over the next year if they hope to sell well. I highly doubt Arms and a Swuare Enix game that looks like it belongs on the snes are going to draw people to the system. Skyrim has already been released, the only thing that was really about was Bethesda working with Nintendo.

And I am surprised there was no Smash Bros reveal. Was thinking they were at least going to tease something.

Zelda wasn't confirmed as a launch title before now. In fact there was talk of it taking even longer to make despite the fact that they've been sitting on the thing for like five years now.

I'll probably get a Switch around launch cause the timing is convenient for me but come on Nintendo maybe wait till you have launch games?

I have a lot of hype for certain games coming later on(and Zelda of course) but still, if there are more than just three games at launch Nintendo probably should've shown them.

FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS, PEOPLE! FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS! (It just better not leave out non-Archanea/Awakening/Fates people...) SERIOUS. FUCKING. HYPE!

ALSO ZELDA AT LAUNCH! OMGOMGOMGOMG

omygosh_400.gif

Rainbow_Dash_cheering_along_with_the_cro

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah. I've honestly always liked the limited voice acting in Zelda. The incoherent mumbles and stuff when people talk. It's pretty charming and doesn't have a disparity between talking to NPCs and important cutscenes. Having voice acting isn't like a major factor against the game but I could certainly have lived without it. Voice acting in games with a silent protagonist also tend to feel pretty awkward since the character not saying something is a lot more noticable.

Hopefully, the silent protagonist thing won't be so bad with the nonlinear story. If they leave him as a silent protagonist, that is.

FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS, PEOPLE! FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS! (It just better not leave out non-Archanea/Awakening/Fates people...) SERIOUS. FUCKING. HYPE!

ALSO ZELDA AT LAUNCH! OMGOMGOMGOMG

Rainbow_Dash_cheering_along_with_the_cro

tumblr_nr6ndeEpus1u21ng6o1_540.gif

It wasn't a lot shown for FE, but it's a start! :Roy:

Edited by Busterman64

I'm a bit concerned with Xenoblade 2,

as I really didn't like the story in X and I'm hoping they don't ruin the lore of the first game

I mean

Zanza and Meyneth being human researchers trying do some... experiments... and accidentally re-creating the universe with themselves as gods and their assistant AI as their ruler

didn't kinda royally screw up the lore already?

Well, that was some presentation, and while I still want to pick one up at launch, I don't think there is much of a lineup as of present.

Some games that caught my attention...

- Fire Emblem Warriors: I thought it was a second Hyrule Warriors at first (saw company name), but as soon as I saw the shield, I knew it was FE: Warriors. I'm really looking forward to this one and wonder what music remixes we will see when it eventually releases.

- Super Mario Odyssey: I'm a fan of 3D Mario, but I'm sure having Mario run around the "real world" caught almost everybody by surprise. Either way, gotta pick it up.

- Xenoblade 2: My Hype meter is broken on this one. A slight shame it probably won't be a continuation of X's story and Mira, but being Xenoblade 2 opens up a whole new realm of possibilities after the events of the first one. Only time will tell what is actually going on. (Also, I saw Nopon. There will always be Nopon!)

- "Square RPG:" Square Enix's pixel RPG thingy. It looks interesting, but I require more research on it to draw conclusions.

- LoZ: Breath of the Wild: Gotta say as a player who doesn't play much LoZ, they seem to be going much more towards an "epic" feel with Breath of the Wild. The music alone wants me to pick it up, and the environments remind of of Xenoblade's style.

- Splatoon 2: It's a second Splatoon, which should say enough into itself.

- Mario Kart "Switch:" Still seems to be an updated port of 8, but there are some new things to look at, such as possibility of a proper battle mode. If it includes all the DLC from 8, I'm definitely picking this up.

-- Update: Guess it's Mario Kart 8 Deluxe now. I'll have to look into it further.

Other stuff...

- No Region Lock: Perfect for those who enjoy importing or getting games early. I personally don't import anything, but it is a nice feature for those who do.

- Paid Online Service: Online services will have to be paid for after launch (presumably to work out the bugs and refine it before asking for payment). Nintendo's free services was nice while it lasted, but this is something to be expected.

Now off to do stuff and research!

I'm really not a fan of the "pay to play online" aspect of the Switch. Granted, Microsoft and Sony have been doing it for years, but I still don't like it. Other than that, the presentation was great.

Also, I can't wait for the 20-hour GameXplain discussion this will spawn.

Edited by NinjaMonkey