The Inevitable Sinnoh Remakes: What changes would you make?

Anacybele

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, there was confirmation. Someone posted an article saying so awhile back in the Switch thread. I don't remember which page though.

some quick Switch thread searches show me no specification of Pokémon games developed by GameFreak. Just Pokémon in general, which could indicate any number of developers, since GameFreak isn't very involved in spinoffs.

To stay relevant to the thread...

-Making Cynthia more difficult (if you have someone who can set up on her Spiritomb, you are good to go)

-improving the Great Marsh somehow

-Making the Azure Flute useful for something

-Getting rid of the Pal Park once a day limitations (assuming that comes up)

I don't think the Pal Park would come back, honestly. There won't be a GBA slot for it to use. :P

Why the hell would you make Cynthia more difficult? She's already really hard and generally agreed to be the hardest champion. She and the E4 were actually nerfed in Platinum because of complaints about them being too hard.

Edited by Anacybele

Why the hell would you make Cynthia more difficult? She's already really hard and generally agreed to be the hardest champion. She and the E4 were actually nerfed in Platinum because of complaints about them being too hard.

They were hardly nerfed, beyond a small level drop. Aaron got Scizor and Yanmega over Beautifly and Dustox. Bertha got Gliscor and Rhyperior. Flint got actual Fire types, and Lucian got Gallade and Espeon. The Platinum teams were significantly better.

They were hardly nerfed, beyond a small level drop. Aaron got Scizor and Yanmega over Beautifly and Dustox. Bertha got Gliscor and Rhyperior. Flint got actual Fire types, and Lucian got Gallade and Espeon. The Platinum teams were significantly better.

Their levels were lower too though, by at least a few. Cynthia's Garchomp especially, dropping from lv. 66 to lv. 62. Which means lower stats and such.

Remove the concept of Defog, that's the worst HM ever.

Nah, they should make it a TM. It's still a decent move for competitive, and it'd be nice for more things to have it.

It's not like HMs haven't been made into TMs before!

Edited by Emerson

Nah, they should make it a TM. It's still a decent move for competitive, and it'd be nice for more things to have it.

It's not like HMs haven't been made into TMs before!

Is it? I just, couldn't stand having to keep it on my bird pokemon. It and flash were always a horrific waste of a move slot for me. I'm glad sun/moon seems to be doing away with HMs entirely though, so I can feel good about running a monotype team or something

Is it? I just, couldn't stand having to keep it on my bird pokemon. It and flash were always a horrific waste of a move slot for me. I'm glad sun/moon seems to be doing away with HMs entirely though, so I can feel good about running a monotype team or something

Defog removes Light Screen and Reflect from the enemy's side, as well has Stealth Rock, Spikes, Sticky Web and Toxic Spikes from both sides. It's essentially a Rapid Spin that doesn't get nulled by Ghost types. However, since it also removes Stealth Rocks etc from the enemy's side, it can be a bit of a pain if you're also using entry hazards.

Spoilering just in case

Didn't we get confirmation that Sun and Moon are completely doing away with HM's? If we get a remake I doubt they'd axe something so convenient.

It isn't confirmed officially...

'Course, we know from data-mining that they're gone and Surf, Waterfall and Fly are now TMs.

Edited by Emerson

To throw in my 2 cents on everything said so far...

-A Gen 4 remake seems pretty likely, besides(I went and checked), games have been remade in about a ten year timespan(give or take a year).

Pokemon Gold and Silver were realised in 1999(in Japan. 2000 in the US).

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver were released in 2009(in Japan. 2010 for the US).

Ruby and Sapphire were released in 2002 in Japan(2003 in the US).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire were released in 2014 worldwide.

If that trend continues, we may see a remake of Gen 4(Diamond and Pearl were released in 2006 in Japan and 2007 in the US. Platinum releasing in 2008 in Japan and 2009 in the US).

Check it yourself if you want to:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_video_games

-Gen 1 has had A LOT of love, especially since X & Y and the VC releases of the original games. I doubt another Gen 1 remake anytime soon.

-Generation remakes seem kinda like a way to give Gamefreak more time to make a new game with new stuff.

-Don't care wether it's on the 3DS or the NS, just give me a good Gen 4 remake!

-Keep the games difficult.

-Speed up the animations. Never had much issues with it, but hey, it would be nice.

-Keep most of the stuff the same with a good couple of additions and improvements.

-Make HMs into TMs.

-While the post game was good, add a little bit more to it.

-Make Cynthia awesome...oh wait...she already is. ;P

-Whatever else I can't think of at the moment... ;3

Edited by Busterman64

Oh my freaking god Giratina, what the hell's wrong with you...

You refuse MULTIPLE times to stay in a Dusk Ball or Timer Ball, but you're absolutely fine with my one and only sparkly Heal Ball when I had no other options left (other than a few Quick Balls which I definitely wasn't going to use here). I guess it wanted healed right away. :P Still, that was weird RNG. Not counting the Heal Ball, FIVE of the balls I threw shook three times before the damn ghost dragon decided to give it up. I started to think my copy of the game might be bugged to the point of preventing a Giratina capture.

I used my Master Ball on Cresselia. I'm pretty sure I still have an Emerald file where I'm far enough to catch the Regis, so I'll eventually do that and bring them to Diamond to go after Regigigas too. Though I don't know when I'll do that.

Edited by Anacybele

You refuse MULTIPLE times to stay in a Dusk Ball or Timer Ball, but you're absolutely fine with my one and only sparkly Heal Ball when I had no other options left (other than a few Quick Balls which I definitely wasn't going to use here). I guess it wanted healed right away. :P Still, that was weird RNG. Not counting the Heal Ball, FIVE of the balls I threw shook three times before the damn ghost dragon decided to give it up. I started to think my copy of the game might be bugged to the point of preventing a Giratina capture.

I think you're just forgetting that Legendaries used to actually be tough to capture. It's catch rate is 3, same as every other Legendary besides Xerneus and Yveltal.

I think you're just forgetting that Legendaries used to actually be tough to capture. It's catch rate is 3, same as every other Legendary besides Xerneus and Yveltal.

No, I remembered. I fully expected the Mirage trio, Dialga, and Giratina to give me a good workout. And all of them did save for Dialga who was pretty easy to catch. I was just saying how I found it weird that a single Heal Ball caught it when I threw loads of Dusk and Timer Balls at it beforehand with five of them shaking three times. xP

I used my Master Ball on Cresselia. I'm pretty sure I still have an Emerald file where I'm far enough to catch the Regis, so I'll eventually do that and bring them to Diamond to go after Regigigas too. Though I don't know when I'll do that.

Wow...that's pretty similar situation that a Youtuber I watch had! ;P

Edited by Busterman64

Wow...that's pretty similar situation that a Youtuber I watch had! ;P

Oh, hey, it's Chuggaaconroy. Sweet. I remember how rough he had it with the birds, especially.

Wow, that is pretty much exactly how it went for me lol. I had the same thoughts too, I only threw the Heal Ball for the heck of it and didn't think it would work omg lol.

This probably won't happen until Generation 8 given the pace of remakes we've had. (GSC was technically a Gen 1 remake, it was just packed without the game.) All I can say about it now is don't let Slowpoke and Slugma develop your game engine.

Oh, hey, it's Chuggaaconroy. Sweet. I remember how rough he had it with the birds, especially.

I felt so bad as I saw his sanity slowly diminished as time went on(I believe it was 2+ hours straight)...I was so happy when he finally finished.

Edited by Busterman64

This probably won't happen until Generation 8 given the pace of remakes we've had. (GSC was technically a Gen 1 remake, it was just packed without the game.) All I can say about it now is don't let Slowpoke and Slugma develop your game engine.

...How exactly are the Johto games a Gen 1 remake.

I fail to see the connection here.

Can we PLEASE bring the icey rock a little bit earlier?

Would be cool if I could get my Glaceon before the 7th Gym, GF.

Edited by Nym

Post game episode needs to involve Arceus imo.

Trigger it by catching all three dragons and all three pixies. Then Cynthia introduces the myth of Arceus to you and you try to catch space goat. The myth involves taking all six to Spear Pillar and playing the Azure Flute.

I think it should be less like an episode, but a more optional, side-quest based episode. Catching each Legendary should be almost a side quest in itself with its own plot. What this would mean is that each Legendary feels truly special and rewarding to finally find. Of course, after each of the Legendary quests, the Arceus quest would finally be unlocked and have one final story to play through leading to the ultimate reward. Honestly, I think every Legendary should have a special side-quest of their own. Sinnoh has so many unique Legendary Pokémon and I think there should be emphasis on them in the remakes.