Ensemble Mafia - N5

Sunwoo

this is ridiculous

just go to night phase and let me shoot. it wont lose town the game if im wrong and will clear me

as for me mentioning a vig before thats just more evidence that i am one. i was distancing myself from being obvious as one

also part of the reason why i was so lazy. i was hoping to just clear myself and let town do the rest

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh I'm thinking over it and scum!yolo could claim vig and then just say he hit the same person as maf did or rainbow's doc target tomorrow so he's not cleared at all if we lynch yedi.

I stand by the NL plan because it gives town the most information at it's worst.

He could also not shoot Yedi if scum. I'd rather not risk him shooting town which keep Yedi and himself alive and forces us to come back to the same scenario we are at now.

no if he shoots town we have two guaranteed scum lynches in a row.

WE ARE NOT NO-LYNCHING

That is the worst thing we could do. If you want to test YOLO's claim, then fine, let him shoot Trump. We are still lynching Yedi today. If YOLO is, indeed, Town, then we still have two scum unaccounted for, which further increases the chances of Trump being scum. Whether you trust YOLO or not, we're still lynching Yedi.

THERE IS NO BENEFIT TO NO-LYNCHING

DaBear, seriously, stop considering that option. We do not have near-perfect info that will be completed by verifying YOLO's claim, and verifying it will tell us very little. We can't afford to "test" roles if they involve sacrificing components of our direct plan of lynching scum one by one starting from today.

lol, that was the best you could come up with?I know Da Bear pointed this out, but I'm going to quote this here:cool story bro Not quite, as I stated earlier:Or rather, it could be that Spinal himself is the Delayed Roleblocker and idled N4 while inactive, so Da Bear decided it would be a great time to pretend as if he himself was the one who was roleblocked (while actually being the Delayed Roleblocker). I still think SB/Trump is scum instead of Da Bear though.Pretty sure YOLO is lying, btw

To be honest, I thought so too. After all, YOLO had the whole day to come up with a convincing slot. I don't know what else YOLO could be (maybe the Delayed Roleblocker, but I'm not 100% sure.) Is there any important role that this game is missing?

When it comes to scum, they could be anything. I suspect Delayed Roleblocker + RoleCop + Ninja. There's not much point in trying to speculate what they could be (and this is coming from the guy who loves rolespeccing).

WE ARE NOT NO-LYNCHINGThat is the worst thing we could do. If you want to test YOLO's claim, then fine, let him shoot Trump. We are still lynching Yedi today. If YOLO is, indeed, Town, then we still have two scum unaccounted for, which further increases the chances of Trump being scum. Whether you trust YOLO or not, we're still lynching Yedi.THERE IS NO BENEFIT TO NO-LYNCHINGDaBear, seriously, stop considering that option. We do not have near-perfect info that will be completed by verifying YOLO's claim, and verifying it will tell us very little. We can't afford to "test" roles if they involve sacrificing components of our direct plan of lynching scum one by one starting from today.

This I agree with. I refuse to No Lynch, for several reasons:

1) Yedi is pretty much guaranteed scum. Why wait to lynch him?

2) How do we know that YOLO is telling the truth?

3) See Rainbow's logic above.

4) Yedi betrayed our trust and caused us to kill Ryker. I made a promise to Ryker to avenge his death, and that is something that I will to.

5) I'm scared that I will not last tonight. If that happens, then our plan is blown apart.

Oh, I should point out a few things.

Irony, do not reveal who you plan to roleblock tonight (or for any future nights, if you survive). In fact, try your best to avoid dropping hints or clues that might indicate who you will roleblock. We do not want the Mafia to deduce who you're roleblocking and thus, adjust their actions accordingly. Town does not benefit from knowing who you plan to roleblock.

I'm reminding you of this because it relates to my next point:

Some of you might be wondering, well, what do we have to lose by letting YOLO test his claim? We still lynch Yedi, and if YOLO is Town then we kill off Trump. If YOLO is scum, we still don't lose anything by letting him prove himself, since we're not lynching him today anyway.

My answer to that is, well, it depends on what is implied by "letting" YOLO test his claim. I believe that ScumYedi claimed so that we would give him this chance of testing his role without having anything to lose. When in reality, what we may end up losing is the chance for Irony to roleblock YOLO. If YOLO believes that Irony will not roleblock him (due to testing his Vig claim), then ScumYOLO will be free to shoot whoever he wants without worrying about the possibility that Irony will block him.

So I would say that yes, let YOLO test his claim. YOLO, if you are Town, then shoot Trump tonight. If Trump actually dies, we will reconsider your claim. However, Irony, do not assume that you should not roleblock YOLO due to letting him prove his claim. If you feel like he might be the one delivering the Mafia kill, then feel free to block him and don't let his Vig claim stop you. Basically, Irony, do not indicate in any manner as to whom you plan to roleblock, and don't let this Vig-testing influence whether or not you will block YOLO.

btw Irony, you should obviously tell us on the following day who you roleblocked on the previous night, if you are alive. But it may be better if you do not reveal your reasoning behind it from now on, since it provides more information about your thought process that the Mafia just might be able to exploit.

btw if any of you are planning to log off without being certain that you'll come back before deadline, please make sure you vote for Yedi. Unless we reach L-2, at which point we should have two from among {Proto/Rainbow, Elieson, Elemina, Irony} on standby (no votes) to wait for Trump to get a chance to prove his role. If Trump doesn't show up, or if we don't have two of those players that can continue waiting, then we hammer Yedi.

I will be here for a while, so I'm not voting. But ideally I'd like to finish my 2016 Golden Sun playthrough before Pokemon Sun/Moon are out, so do not expect me to check this thread every five seconds or something.

anyway if there's no support for my idea then whatever. I'll be around if we need votes for the yedi lynch to go through but would like to hear Elie's opinion (wall of reasons/case isn't necessary if you're pressed for time tho elie) on what's happened today.