Questions! About equipment and others.

___

I'm in love with the Sunrise Katana and Nohrian Practice Sword/Blade (forgot the name right now).

I was lucky enough to come across 8 of the former, so naturally I combined them.

But then I looked into the shops and they weren't available.

So my question: are either of them ever available on the shops?

Any methods to get them at all?

Also, is Avoidance increased as a unit levels up? I thought it was more or less fixed (depending on class and weapons, of course), but some times I notice the value increases during a battle without changing weapons and then it just seem to go up for no reason at times.

Nope, neither are buy-able.

They can only be obtained with the DLC map with equipment/boosters, Lotto Shop, and randomly from units in My Castle.

Any way you do it, it's entirely random whether you get them or not.

also you're really lucky getting 8 of them...

Edited by Emerson

I'm in love with the Sunrise Katana and Nohrian Practice Sword/Blade (forgot the name right now).

I was lucky enough to come across 8 of the former, so naturally I combined them.

Also, is Avoidance increased as a unit levels up? I thought it was more or less fixed (depending on class and weapons, of course), but some times I notice the value increases during a battle without changing weapons and then it just seem to go up for no reason at times.

Avoid is based on Speed and Luck, and the weapon the unit has equipped might affect avoid too (for example, most magic weapons cut the user's avoid by 20). Also, Sunrise Katanas et al. can't be bought; they can only be obtained from My Castle, glowing spots in challenges (only applicable in Birthright and Revelation), or Museum Melee. Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

They can only be obtained with the DLC map with equipment/boosters, Lotto Shop, and randomly from units in My Castle.

also you're really lucky getting 8 of them...

I know! I was just really surprised when I saw 8 of them in my stock, and obviously happy.

Avoid is based on Speed and Luck, and the weapon the unit has equipped might affect avoid too (for example, most magic weapons cut the user's avoid by 20). Also, Sunrise Katanas et al. can't be bought; they can only be obtained from My Castle, glowing spots in challenges (only applicable in Birthright and Revelation), or Museum Melee.

Oh, I didn't know that. It makes sense now, since my unit was growing those stats pretty steadily.

Thanks guys! That's a lot of great info, I appreciate it!

I actually made a topic listing all of the weapons that can only be obtained through random means like the Sunrise Katana and Nohrian Blade here. And yeah, as the others have said, sadly there's no way to get them through non-random means x3x It's unfortunate, but IMO it's kind of what makes those weapons special in their own way, haha...

Edited by BANRYU

No, you don't get those in shops. Instead you randomly get them as items units find in My Castle. You'll probably get a few that way. A sure way to get one for other playthroughs is through Visit/Battle points rewards, and they require relatively low points too.

Avoidance is directly related to your speed and luck stat. Specificaly 1.5x of your speed + half of your luck. There are many other factors that determine avoid, though. Weapons like Rajinto and Sunrise Katana increase it, others like magical weapons and Nohrian Blade reduce it. Skills also affect it, for instance Duelist Blow increase it dramatically. Some promoted classes like Swordmaster and Nine-tails increase avoid just by existing. In-battle however, having Weapon Triangle Advantage (i.e. hitting Axes with your Sunrise Katana instead of Lances) is the most variable, and the most important one.

Edited by SalShich10N

Thank you guys for all your info!

I'll put it to use see if I can get my hands on a few more, and I did think that there might be a thread about this but I didn't see any listed on the page and I assumed it was best to just ask then.

Again, thanks for your time!