Do you beat the whole chapter or use Suspend?

Harvey

Do you beat the whole chapter or use suspend?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you beat the whole chapter or play it mid by mid?

• Yeah. Get the whole chapter over with!
    • Nah..if I'm confident enough, I use suspend.

With the exception of the holy war, I always beat one chapter a day. But the problem is that many of these chapters have long maps that take so much of time for me to spend. I would like it if it was something like Holy War but I feel that if I do it like that, my strategy would be screwed up so I have to start the whole thing over again.

I mean yeah sure, with FE13 onwards, there's casual mode but even with that, I feel like if I forget how I placed my units like that, I'll be puzzled and feel like I have to start the whole thing all over again.

So what about you guys? You beat one chapter in one sitting or you use suspend if you're confident enough?

Depends on where I am more than how confident I am... If I'm in a place where I have a lot of time, then I can usually beat several chapters in one sitting... If I'm not, then I use suspend... In terms of battles safe, I use it like crazy because I'm the type of person that doesn't like to lose anyone, even in casual mode...

It has pretty much nothing to do with confidence and everything to do with time and mood for me. Most of the time I'm able to complete one or more chapters in one sitting, but if I run out of time to play, get stumped and need a break, or simply want to do something else I'll suspend the chapter.

What does using Suspend have to do with confidence? It's a convenience thing - you want to stop playing mid-chapter, you suspend the game. Unless the choice was supposed to be between Suspend and Battle Save?

For me, Suspend generally has more to do with time or my 3DS battery - if my battery gets low to the point it needs charging, I don't really have much choice...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

What does using Suspend have to do with confidence? It's a convenience thing - you want to stop playing mid-chapter, you suspend the game. Unless the choice was supposed to be between Suspend and Battle Save?

Do you ever get the feeling that you have placed your units correctly before you realized that you should have checked extra so that one small mistake can be avoided and then use suspend? If not, then maybe to you its more of a convenience.....

Do you ever get the feeling that you have placed your units correctly before you realized that you should have checked extra so that one small mistake can be avoided and then use suspend? If not, then maybe to you its more of a convenience.....

I think I've done that before where I suspend after moving my units so that when I comeback I can't really change anything for that turn, but usually I just do it at the start of a turn and mainly just if I don't have time to finish the chapter. I've also recently started a Lunatic playthrough of Conquest so I'm generally taking extra precaution when moving my units.

Most of the time however, I think I do tend to finish a chapter I am playing on before I stop playing for the day.

Edited by yokokazuo

I use suspend to do what the word says suspend because I don't have time at the moment to play, If I'm frustrated I usually don't suspend ( because if I'm frustrated I have I already lost, I don't get frustrated when I win) so I just turn it off/reset.

Edited by Locke087

The thing is that using suspend wouldn't negatively impact your ability to apply strategy at all, unless you forgot what you were going for in the interim time between suspending and resuming. There's literally no downside to just using suspend; when you reload the suspend data, you'll be exactly where you left off. Any mistakes you'd be saving to suspend data would've already become irreversible before suspending, so I really don't see how suspending is relevant.

That said, I will use suspend sometimes whenever I need to stop playing mid-chapter for whatever reason, although with the DS/3DS Fire Emblem games, I'll just as often just put my system in sleep mode if I expect to only need to step away for a few minutes. There isn't really an option on the poll that matches this, though.

Edited by Topaz Light