when I grow up, I want to be asexual

Junkhead

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most people do treat it like a bad thing. The feminists made sure of that lol.

and by ''most people, you really mean ''women''.

yes, treating people as though they are objects, the meaning of 'objectification', is in fact a bad thing... objectively.

You forgot the ord ''sex'', in there.

slightly unrelated but there are people with a fetish for getting turned into menstrual pads and i didn't know you could take objectification this far

specific-much?

yes, treating people as though they are objects, the meaning of 'objectification', is in fact a bad thing... objectively.

Objectively? Boy you are going to have to do more than just stating that to prove your point.

its far from the forest in a so called "soul" topic. What does it really matter?

as eclipse constantly reminds us before she locks topics, even fftf has standards

post quality rules don't apply here, forum attitude rules still do (although even post quality rules will apply to somebody if they decide to abuse that freedom, members have been banned for doing just that)

also don't lower your standards and dignity just because you think you're in an undignified place

well actually I guess you're free to do that if you'd like, I can't tell you how to treat yourself

but I still don't want to see this discussion get brought up because I can see it getting out of hand very fast because obviously, from the context you've already given, this can be a touchy subject and touchy subjects don't go nice places (take the serious discussion forum, for example)

as eclipse constantly reminds us before she locks topics, even fftf has standards

post quality rules don't apply here, forum attitude rules still do (although even post quality rules will apply to somebody if they decide to abuse that freedom, members have been banned for doing just that

but I still don't want to see this discussion get brought up because I can see it getting out of hand very fast because obviously, from the context you've already given, this can be a touchy subject and touchy subjects don't go nice places (take the serious discussion forum, for example)

Fair enough.

Talking openly about taboos or uncomfortable/controversial topics is bad. Got it.

it varies on a case by case basis (probably...) but yes in this case I don't see it going well at all and I could foresee a topic lock coming out of it (I'm probably no expert in it though)

it's kind of also that that's not my only reason just that I don't want to get into the other details because that'd just trigger the discussion even further so it'd be really counterproductive of me

Edited by Freohr Datia

Talking openly about taboos or uncomfortable/controversial topics is bad. Got it.

I don't think that's what Freohr was implying. In this case, it's bad. Generally? No, but you should do it in the proper place or, at the very least, start the thread off properly with the intention of wanting to discuss said controversial thing.

I'm not even sure if people are talking about taboos or what the hell. This thread got messy. I think a lot of people are mixing up the terms asexual and celibate though as a first guess....

I wish member attitudes were addressed in the rules. Or if it is, because I forget a lot of things, I wish ALL members attitudes are regulated irregardless of whatever relationship they have with the staff. Edited by Heejung