*Promptly pelted by two large bullets and an energy blast*

The D in what?

"The D stands for "Damn She's Sexy!"

"That's my middle name you know Excellen "Sexy" Browning!"

*Prepares to fire a long rifle that suddenly got even larger*

"Oh wait this is X mode!"

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The D in what?

Just felt like randomly citing the lovable attack quotes of a certain Super Robot Wars character.

Said quote is used when Excellen uses her Weissritter's Oxtongue Rifle in D Mode. 

The actual reason why it is called D (or W in Japanese) is for Dual or Double. Since she fires at the enemy both the metal Bullets of B Mode, and the Energy laser blast of E Mode.

X Mode is what happens when her Weissritter gets upgraded by

Spoiler

A bunch of aliens, among whom are her daughter clone.

Whose outfit might be lacking, but I rather liked the personality of (well insofar OG2 goes, the rest of the OG SRW games up until Moon Dwellers has not been available in English). Not quite a Nowi situation, since Alfimi never is put into a marriage situation nor is her being supposedly mature part of her personality. Plus being in a robot all the time helps. A mecha that is demonic in design and not at all  Toddlers and Tiaras. Also, Alfimi was born and raised by inhuman looking aliens inside a robot with the intent of only helping said aliens take over the universe, so her being in any clothes including less than modest ones is explicable. If a little eye rolling nonetheless.

X replaces D Mode, opting for a much bigger laser instead of mixing laser and bullets.

The earlier quote with Icefan and all that in it was from Baten Kaitos: Origins. I just love Guillo's ultimate combo. As was the quick phrase from an earlier post.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"The D stands for "Damn She's Sexy!"

"That's my middle name you know Excellen "Sexy" Browning!"

*Prepares to fire a long rifle that suddenly got even larger*

"Oh wait this is X mode!"

Just felt like randomly citing the lovable attack quotes of a certain Super Robot Wars character.

Said quote is used when Excellen uses her Weissritter's Oxtongue Rifle in D Mode. 

The actual reason why it is called D (or W in Japanese) is for Dual or Double. Since she fires at the enemy both the metal Bullets of B Mode, and the Energy laser blast of E Mode.

X Mode is what happens when her Weissritter gets upgraded by

Hide contents

A bunch of aliens, among whom are her daughter clone.

Whose outfit might be lacking, but I rather liked the personality of (well insofar OG2 goes, the rest of the OG SRW games up until Moon Dwellers has not been available in English). Not quite a Nowi situation, since Alfimi never is put into a marriage situation nor is her being supposedly mature part of her personality. Plus being in a robot all the time helps. A mecha that is demonic in design and not at all  Toddlers and Tiaras. Also, Alfimi was born and raised by inhuman looking aliens inside a robot with the intent of only helping said aliens take over the universe, so her being in any clothes including less than modest ones is explicable. If a little eye rolling nonetheless.

X replaces D Mode, opting for a much bigger laser instead of mixing laser and bullets.

The earlier quote with Icefan and all that in it was from Baten Kaitos: Origins. I just love Guillo's ultimate combo. As was the quick phrase from an earlier post.

Ah, I didn't remember that from Baten Kaitos.

43 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Ah, I didn't remember that from Baten Kaitos.

The Icefan thing? Because if that massive amount of text didn't make it clear, the D thing was from Super Robot Wars, not BK.

I felt like citing Guillo's ultimate attack combo since it is so cool looking. Perhaps the best ice-themed attack in all of gaming.

The "Good Enough" is what it says when equipping a weapon, ideally its strongest weapon- Deluge the Seabane.

Then the Ex. Combo itself formally begins when the name of it, Frigid Queen's Festival, is shown on screen preceded by the letters "Ex" .

What follows are the three grunts made as it performs Weak Attack B, Medium Attack B, Strong Attack B (and with Deluge the Seabane, the magic orbs it shoots take on the Ice element for more frozen fun).

Then it twists and shouts Icefan! as the enemies are sprayed in a shower of ice and snow from.

Doing more minor stretches, Guillo shouts "Sigil Cry" as it tosses a large sharp disc of ice cutting through the foes.

"Crowd!" is what it says as Guillo uses Zeniver Cascade, which according to the Special Attack's description is it summoning from the ancient past a glacier, which upon its breaking of the ice it holds, then rushes at all who oppose it.

Lastly, "Look to the sky!" is Guillo summoning a comet (a cosmic dirty snowball more or less) which then breaks into pieces which collide into the enemies.

Because all four Specials target all foes, it virtually guaranteed to kill everything in a typical battle, bosses aside (and even then it seriously hurts).

I love Guillo. Its unusual design, the quirky personality, the backstory. The fact they are a mage, and although they have the lowest HP in the BKO playable trio, they don't feel fragile, they feel physically strong for a mage, more vibrant and powerful. All of its Special Attacks, it gets the most of the trio, are very cool looking, and make me wish Guillo could guest star in a fighting game. 

Spoiler

Guillo (Origins)Guillo-blankGuillo

*Cough cough* 283