Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

I don't think you need to worry about being ashamed of being a nerd of anything here, considering we're on a Fire Emblem forum. I like Star Wars, it's just not something that I pay terribly close attention to anymore; I will fully admit to being way too into Battlestar Galactica, though.

The books I remember reading most were part of a Goosebumps-like series called Galaxy of Fear. I don't know why I read it, considering I hated anything scary when I was a kid, but there's was something about them that drew me in. I should try to find some of them and reread them.

Ah yes, the things I remember most about Star Wars are now wiped from existence. Goodbye, Leia and Han's children.

I would love to get into comic books, but they're so vast and intimidating that it almost seems pointless. My best shot would probably be the Mega Man Archie series, which wasn't too terribly long before it ended, and I actually caught the first few story arcs when they were released.

To be fair Disney takes some extended universe facts and uses them like Leia and Han have a kid it's just a bit different from the 3 in its extended universe.  The main Star Wars book series I remember reading was the last of the Jedi, which Rebels seems to take much inspiration from.

I almost forgot to count 234

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, RedRob said:

I mean, they still have one, who is part of SW7. Kind of a whiny ass bitch though.

6 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

To be fair Disney takes some extended universe facts and uses them like Leia and Han have a kid it's just a bit different from the 3 in its extended universe.

It's just not the same... I'll miss those little rascals. I mean, I only read like one book that had them, and I don't remember any of their names, but I'm sure they were adorable.

10 minutes ago, RedRob said:

They're kind of pointless with all the retcons. I mean, one of the most cliche jokes about comic books is how no one stays dead. Honestly, I like manga more than comics since manga tends to have some end goal in mind. Comic books don't, and bend over backwards to keep moving.

I'm just kinda bad in general with long-form stories, like TV shows and manga/comic books. RPGs take me way too long to beat as well (except Fire Emblem, for some reason). To give an idea of what I mean: Earthbound took me 3 years to finally beat, thanks to playing it off-and-on. Shadows of Valentia took me 6 days. And I'm pretty sure SoV is longer than Earthbound.

10 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

The main Star Wars book series I remember reading was the last of the Jedi, which Rebels seems to take much inspiration from.

I actually have that series sitting on my bookshelf right now. It's been many years since I've read them and I've forgotten everything about them, but I do have them.

Don't tell anyone, but I only edited my last post because I forgot to count as well.

I used to be a big Star Wars fan, having a bunch of figurines, lightsabers, Lego sets, etc. (not to mention how many times I was Darth Vader for Halloween). But... I dunno. I grew out of it I suppose, focusing on video games like Pokemon instead.

Never got into anything beyond the movies anyway, so you might not even call me a fan to begin with.

Also I'm not saying I don't like Star Wars now of course - I still like it, just not as much.

CCXXXVI.

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

It's just not the same... I'll miss those little rascals. I mean, I only read like one book that had them, and I don't remember any of their names, but I'm sure they were adorable.

I'm just kinda bad in general with long-form stories, like TV shows and manga/comic books. RPGs take me way too long to beat as well (except Fire Emblem, for some reason). To give an idea of what I mean: Earthbound took me 3 years to finally beat, thanks to playing it off-and-on. Shadows of Valentia took me 6 days. And I'm pretty sure SoV is longer than Earthbound.

I actually have that series sitting on my bookshelf right now. It's been many years since I've read them and I've forgotten everything about them, but I do have them.

Don't tell anyone, but I only edited my last post because I forgot to count as well.

Their names were Anakin, Jacen, and Jaina.  Jacen and Jaina were twins and ironically Anakin was the evil one.

The MC of The Last of the Jedi is very similar to Ezra, the MC of rebels, just Trever was a lot smart initially.  @Rex Glacies You can still be a fan without going to extreme lengths.  My younger brother was obsessed with it so I picked up a lot of things from that.  When we were little we made Star Wars 7-12 And I'd argue they are better than the ones that are currently being made

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

Their names were Anakin, Jacen, and Jaina.  Jacen and Jaina were twins and ironically Anakin was the evil one.

The MC of The Last of the Jedi is very similar to Ezra, the MC of rebels, just Trever was a lot smart initially.  @Rex Glacies You can still be a fan without going to extreme lengths.  My younger brother was obsessed with it so I picked up a lot of things from that.  When we were little we made Star Wars 7-12 And I'd argue they are better than the ones that are currently being made

"You were named after two of the bravest men I ever knew, Anakin Palpatine Solo." There's a reference to another series I enjoy very casually.

I'm almost surprised they didn't have Ben's name be Anakin too; joking aside, that would've been a neat callback both to the original movies, as well as the expanded universe that they mercilessly crushed between their fingers.

What's your opinion on Rogue One? I've heard mostly good things, but I have yet to see it myself.

4 minutes ago, RedRob said:

Rogue One was okay, the droid character was the best part.

Part of the problem is that the characters are nothing special, so the movie is kind of boring since you know what's going to happen.

Frankly that would be my exact opinion of Rouge One. It was good, but somehow felt forced and boring. The characters definitely needed to be fleshed out more.

Although, the best part was whenever Vader was on screen.

Miltank.

My problem with Rouge One was the editing, I was confused for the first half of the film. Plus few of the characters are noteworthy. Shame that some of the footage shown in the trailers, will never be released due to Disney hold the the franchise. 

53 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

"You were named after two of the bravest men I ever knew, Anakin Palpatine Solo." There's a reference to another series I enjoy very casually.

I'm almost surprised they didn't have Ben's name be Anakin too; joking aside, that would've been a neat callback both to the original movies, as well as the expanded universe that they mercilessly crushed between their fingers.

What's your opinion on Rogue One? I've heard mostly good things, but I have yet to see it myself.

Rogue One was pretty good.  It felt like a Star Wars movie in like the last 30 min to an hour.  Unless you are a huge Star Wars nerd you were probably lost in the beginning.  A lot of people didn't know Saw Guerra so they missed a lot not understanding what was going on.  I appreciated it for all of its tie ins to everything connecting in Rebels and Clone Wars, but unless you knew it was happening you didn't get it and the movie didn't mean quite as much.  The last scenes of the movie are the best by far because that's where you action is and not your classic space politics.  Don't get attached to any character, just do yourself a favor and don't.  Best Character is a Droid.  I actually remember the names of Jyn and that's it.  I enjoyed the movie but if you go into the movie expecting Jedi, Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, etc then it will be extremely disappointing.

13 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

i hope i got pikachu

You got this:

Ho-Oh

Who appeared in the first anime episode b/c it was originally supposed to be in Gen 1, but got cut.

251. Now Lugia cannot be purified, as Celebi is mine. I will travel time as I wish and change the world!

Celebi

Edit: I'm dragging all the pics off Bulbapedia by the way.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You got this:

Ho-Oh

Who appeared in the first anime episode b/c it was originally supposed to be in Gen 1, but got cut.

oh

neat

i hope i got pichu