is there any way to hack casual mode into FE11

ReturnofMCH

because I'm a filthy casual and I wanted to do a super LP of 11/12 and my playstyle (or lack thereof) is stopping me

I know of the patch that removes gaiden requirements, so I wanted to know if it's possible to build off that.

I already asked this to reddit once, but the dodged the question for the most part.

EDIT:damn internet cause this post to post twice. sorry.

Edited by ReturnofMCH

Considering Casual Mode is apparently relatively easy to implement in the GBA games, I'd imagine it shouldn't be too hard to put it in Shadow Dragon, too. Granted, documentation and utilities for hacking Shadow Dragon aren't anywhere close to as extensive as what exists for the GBA installments, but I'm sure it's definitely well within the realm of reasonable possibility.

Edited by Topaz Light

Someone who worked on the FE12 translation patch might be able to reverse engineer Casual mode to work in 11, but I'm not sure if that works like that. I'm just sure they'd be the most familiar with the coding that goes into the DS games.

An aum staff would be kind of different anyway since you could use it however many times per chapter, and it has weirder restrictions so if Lena dies you're out until you get Maria & Minerva ((idk if the lock is hard coded or not)).

An aum staff would be kind of different anyway since you could use it however many times per chapter, and it has weirder restrictions so if Lena dies you're out until you get Maria & Minerva ((idk if the lock is hard coded or not)).

Weirdly enough, Sheeda can use it too.

Though SD is far from the hardest too. And internal saves mean that you can save when you feel most appropriate as well. I'd say do it, I had it on flash cart and it was fine.

Weirdly enough, Sheeda can use it too.

Though SD is far from the hardest too. And internal saves mean that you can save when you feel most appropriate as well. I'd say do it, I had it on flash cart and it was fine.

Oh right I forgot that! She's a princess, technically. Is Talys its own country?

And yeah that's fair. But I'm making the assumption that OP is asking for casual mode not to play normal with.

All royal ladies & Lena can use it, so Shiida/Maria/Minerva/Elice + Lena. Sorry Norne/Midia/Whitewings

Though if you're gonna hack Aum anyway, you might as well apply the same restriction to it that Heal has (having a staff-rank that exists). I'd try to remove the EXP though. It grants one entire level per use, and heck, if that isn't cheesing the game, I don't know what is.

Granted, it might make Maria viable, but that's a stretch. It'd be more hilarious to remove the equipment restriction and have units like Sorcerer!Macellan use it.