14 years ago, I tried to make a small Pokemon website

VincentASM

Dunno if it's interesting, but something I found while digging through some really old backups.

Long, long ago... 2003 to be precise, before I even heard about Fire Emblem--or even had access to the Internet--I made an offline Pokemon home page just to mess around and have fun.

Suicune's Crystal Domain

(Note: I dummied out the links. Don't think I have those pages anymore?)

At the time, I was hoping to upload it to the Internet whenever I had access. But by that time (about a few years later?), I was no longer a big Pokemon fan (I stopped after Ruby) and shifted my focus to Fire Emblem instead.

Just thought it was really amusing seeing myself practice back then. Not that my web design has improved much these days... you can thank Wordpress and Jyosua for all the fancy tech XD

Now if only I could find the Geocities or Freewebs version of Angel Sword Memories... Although I'd be too scared to look at it : P

I also stopped playing Pokemon for a long time after Sapphire, interesting.

How did you get back? I had to cover Pokemon X and Y for work.

I don't regret taking a break, nor do I regret jumping back in ^^

I heard about people playing Black and White when these came out and didn't care much. I was thinking about a new challenge to play in an old RPG when the idea to do a 0 exp run in Pokemon Silver came to my mind, sort of as a "for the lulz" thing. It got me hooked back to the series more seriously than ever, as I replayed every mainline game and did challenges in all of them.

"Uncle Vinny?" Did you put that down when you were my age and first made it, or more recently?

I also stopped playing Pokemon for a long time after Sapphire, interesting.

It seems like RS is where the "first generation" of Pokemon fans jumped off per se, and where the "second generation" ones (like me) jumped on.

awwww little aspiring vincent

also I am yet another one of those who got into pokemon during gen one and then dropped out of it after sapphire. But I returned to it by fifth gen, so fourth gen's really the only one I'm not particularly familiar with

Aww, this is cute.

Was going to crib your site until I saw the legal disclaimer.

Damn it.

Anyways, how does it feel announcing the official launch of Suicune's Crystal Domain after fourteen years of development?

Aww, this is cute.

Was going to crib your site until I saw the legal disclaimer.

Damn it.

Anyways, how does it feel announcing the official launch of Suicune's Crystal Domain after fourteen years of development?

Haha, oh I hadn't thought about it like that. I guess that's one of my younger dreams fulfilled at last, but not in the way I anticipated XD

Also, should I feel bad that Chen's layout looks normal to me? Maybe it's my eyes or monitor settings... Or both.