FE 4: Noish x Briggid?

Coreyographed

So, I'm about to start a new playthrough of Genealogy of the Holy War, and I'm wondering about a new pairing that I've never done before because underrated pairings are a lot of fun. I normally pair Holyn and Briggid, but I was wondering if Noish would be a good father for Faval. I know it's not "optimal" but I wonder if it would still be effective. Not really concerned about Patty, just Faval.

For Faval? He'll get a pretty good skillset for an archer and pretty good stats in everything that matters. His Res will be garbage but whatever. Noish is honestly a pretty good dad for him. For Patty she'll be pretty mediocre but usable.

Thanks to his high Strength, Faval will hit really hard with Yewfelle, and Noish's kinda low Speed will not really matter because of said Yewfelle. As a bonus, Faval will get Pursuit no matter what, but Critical will be quite useful as well, since he's an archer and all that stuff. Also, Charge won't ruin him as much as with other units, since he'll rarely get counterattacked in the first place ;)

So, yeah, it definitively works on paper! :D

Yeah, I'd agree that it's an alright pairing that he'll benefit from.

My main issue is his low enough speed at 30 growth, though he'll at least have 50 defence growth along with his 55 strength growth, making him pretty tanky.

Charge is a very nice skill for him to have, and with Critical he'll at least have the chance to take out opponents in a single shot.

Then again, pretty much all of his pairings are better than Asaello. (Barring maybe Claude/Brigged)

I haven't done this pairing yet, but it sounds good.

Faval learns crit and charge, two very nice skills.

A crit with Yewfelle is an instant overkill.

Charge is better on range units like archers and mages than on melee units. It's basically a double adept, if he can double an opponent who isn't able to counterattack.

Yeah, I'd agree that it's an alright pairing that he'll benefit from.

My main issue is his low enough speed at 30 growth, though he'll at least have 50 defence growth along with his 55 strength growth, making him pretty tanky.

Charge is a very nice skill for him to have, and with Critical he'll at least have the chance to take out opponents in a single shot.

Then again, pretty much all of his pairings are better than Asaello. (Barring maybe Claude/Brigged)

It shouldn't really be an issue, thanks to the +10 Speed bonus from Yewfelle. ;)

It shouldn't really be an issue, thanks to the +10 Speed bonus from Yewfelle. ;)

The speed bonus shouldn't be overestimated, though. It weights 13 which is 5 points heavier then the other bows. Except for the Killer Bow which only weights 3, so Faval would actually have the same speed when using that one.

Edited by BrightBow

Skill ring: I'd say it's not a bad idea, because Ichival is rather inaccurate.

Speed ring: It's not absolute necessary. Although Ichival gives +10 speed, it's really heavy. But Faval still should be able to double most of the opponents. Furthermore he has charge. Some other units need a speed boost more than him.

Noish makes a good Faval. Patty, from the data I saw on the wiki, comes off as a weaker Holyn!Patty, where during my last playthrough, Patty came off as a Hero unit getting 23 in str, skl, spd, and luck while def was 18. The critical and charge skill would definitely make Patty more combat appropriate than Holyn!Patty until promotion. Overall, I say that Noish is slowly getting more favored over Alec over the years thanks to his better parenting abilities.