Fire Emblem Warriors VA

JDtheBA

Since the trailer revealed weapons, all of the people who wield the weapons have a VA. Since Switch isnt region lock, I just the jpn VA. So fates and awakening VA. I hope Tellius casts makes it in the cut. I dont know about the others, Im sure it wont be bad. They pulled well with the LoZ, Im sure they will here.

Even if the same VAs were used for characters who do have voice casts, I hope for good voice direction; just look at Ike with his English-speaking voice - same voice actor in all of his voiced appearances but inconsistent voice acting quality likely attributed to different voice directors.

Ike and Marth will surely be Jason Adkins and Yuri Lowenthal respectively, since the former has voiced Ike from the start and the latter has done English Marth for both Codename Steam and Fates.

Matthew Mercer would also most likely do Chrom and Ryoma since he already did them in their respective games (and Smash in Chrom's case).

Similarly, Laura Bailey should be back to voice Lucina, Cam Clark for Corrin if he's male, and whoever did female Corrin will do her if she's female. Same goes for Robin and his/her standard VAs. And whoever did Xander will do him.

Other than that, I really dunno who we're going to see...

EDIT: And yeah, what Roflolxp54 said. Whoever told Jason Adkins what to do in Fates is an idiot. He was much better in Codename Steam.

Edited by Anacybele

If Lyn were to be in the game, I hope that she's not voiced by Lani Minella (did Lyn's English voice and Lucas' voice in the Smash Bros. series as well as Pit's voice in SSBB) or that Minella does her voice differently; in her Smash Bros. appearances, Lyn sounds too old for a girl who's supposed to be 15-19 years old.

I'll be fine with Makiko Ohmoto (Lyn's Japanese voice in Smash Bros. as well as the voice of Kirby, Ness, and Japanese Viridi) for her Japanese voice.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Pretty sure everybody keeps voices they already have (though this will be interesting for M!Corrin, since Smash went with Came Clarke but the game instead defaults to Yuri Lowenthal; think the former for Smash may have been due to scheduling conflicts with the latter, so it could be Yuri this time unless they replace him as Marth), so Matt Mercer pulls double duty. I kinda hope he varies things slightly; maybe make Ryoma a bit deeper and more hot-blooded sounding, while making Chrom sound slightly higher pitched.

Of course, this all depends on the quality of voice direction; hopefully it's more like Awakening than Smash 4.

Edited by The DanMan

39 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

since Smash went with Came Clarke but the game instead defaults to Yuri Lowenthal;

No it doesn't; I checked and Cam Clarke (the voice used in Smash) is the voice the game defaults to, like how Marcella Lentz-Pope (also the voice used in Smash) is the default female voice.

Been checking around btva and I realized how much I love the English voice of gharnef in the FE anime. I would want his voice like that. Many people I heard want johnny yong bosch as Roy because someone modded in his Ultra Street fighter 4 clips for roy. Have to say they work pretty well.

honestly i'd hope that they recast any path of radiance/radiant dawn characters because in general the voice acting in those games... could've been a lot better

although regardless of whether or not there's a dub at all i'm very excited to hear voices for characters who previously didn't have any

Assuming the game is even getting a dub in the first place(which I think it will) It's easy to assume everyone is going to get their respective actors back from the main series games. But what I think will be cool is speculating who is going to voice old characters, like blazing sword or shadow dragon. In fact I actually when back to blazing sword and started reading the character's lines using voice impressions of different actors and it's been a lot fun. Maybe I'll make a list of what worked and report back later.

Edited by TheGoodHoms