• Ephraim
    • Ike
    • Micaiah
    • Chrom
    • Lucina
    • Corrin

13 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Wow, she caught up to Eirika...

To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised Eirika/Micaiah is beating out Lyn/Sigurd. Ike's taking all, though.

And the underdog here is Chrom. He still doesn't have a vote.

Sigurd not doing as well as them is pretty understandable, since his game is Japan only and all.

Lyn's kinda irrelevant to FE7's main plot all things considered, she's still liked but I know quite a few dislike her for generally just being there.

28 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Sigurd not doing as well as them is pretty understandable, since his game is Japan only and all.

Lyn's kinda irrelevant to FE7's main plot all things considered, she's still liked but I know quite a few dislike her for generally just being there.

I suppose it's mostly because I'm more familiar with Eirika and Micaiah's criticisms. This might serve as an advantage to Sigurd, as he hasn't been dissected as much as his localised peers.

Those currently leading also seem to have mechanical reasons for doing so. Lyn and Eirika's stats are a reason I enjoy using them, and aside from Micaiah, the Lords equal to or above Lyn are favourite units in battle.

(Granted, Micaiah is a unit that can healbot and doesn't need a Restore staff to cure conditions).

Ike is one of my favorite characters period, so I gotta pick him. I love his personality and character design.

HM to Lyn and Hector, as well as Leif.

Maybe Alm and/or Celica will change my mind. I like their new designs at the very least.

Cant decide really, lot of good ones in this section.

The more I read about Alm, the more I like him. I like his attitude, and his difference compared to characters like Marth and Corrin. Definitely not the typical anime protag that those two are.

Ike is another good one because unlike all the others, he isn't actually a Lord of somekind. Just a mercenary. His design, especially for the Vanguard, was great. That and we got to see him progress over two games, which was nice.

Micaiah is one of my favorites. First off, she is a mage/staff user which is a nice change of pace from the typical tank like sword users of all of the others. She has an interesting story, and her personality overall is great. I love the part where she almost drops the oil on the people in the canyon because it shows she can make those tough decisions if its needed. I also liked her dedication to Daein. It was interesting to see after playing through PoR where Daein were the bad guys, to Radiant Dawn where they are the underdogs that keep getting kicked while on the ground.

Chrom is also pretty cool. Its like they decided they decided to mix Marth and Ike together. Physically larger lord, little more brash than the others, but is a good leader and excellent fighter. Overall he wasn't too bad. Wouldn't mind seeing him again.

The only one of the lords I really dislike is Marth, I like Corrin better than him.

Edited by Tolvir

This was a tough one. So many great choices. It makes it hard to just pick one. I know very little about the Kaga-era lords other than Marth (who is incredibly boring, but pretty good in Smash Bros.), but Ike, Hector, and Ephraim are all pretty good due to all of them being strong and mostly bulky (Ike in Path of Radiance is closer to a glass cannon than the Mighty Glacier he is in Radiant Dawn and Smash bros.). I like Ike's lack of peerage as I, being the Yank that I am, identify with those being born of lower status (although he does benefit from some degree of nepotism). Eirika is sweet and charming (if a bit gullible) and Lyndis is not too bad either. I ultimately went with Micaiah due her being a magic lord and her generally interesting character (she is also pretty cute, too).

Eliwood, Roy, and Chrom are all fairly boring (and Eliwood is often strength-screwed in my playthroughs). Lucina is also not that interesting along with being an inferior Marth in Smash Bros. I really dislike Corn as s/he is a selfish moron who somehow manages to be bland at the same time.  

It's so hard to choose!

I love Marth. He's not really a strong leader at first but still keeps his empathy by the end of his story. He's down-to-earth to a fault and just feels really human.

Ike tho. He's such an amazing character and so different from all of the other lords. He really stands out as both a character and unit in battle. He was written so well. 

Marth, undoubtedly. As already stated, he was the most "human" lord to me, and it was interesting to observe him go from a prince of a demolished country, to effectively the king of the world.

Furthermore, in New Mystery, I feel like they struck the perfect gameplay balance between a lord who can hold their own, but doesn't bust their game like Batman's spine.