Priscilla or Serra

Florete

The healers  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

• Priscilla
    • Serra

Coming back to this, I want to know how Serra even has any supports. The only people she has that don't take >200 turns are Lucius and Sain. Lucius would be decent enough for both of them but nothing outstanding, and Sain is a mounted fighter while Serra is an unmounted healer. When considering tactics, they won't be next to each other very often, definitely not for 121 turns, or even possibly 81 for a B support.

All she can get is a few C supports, maybe a B if she's lucky. Nothing great.

Priscilla on the other hand has Raven and Erk for 75 and 76 turns. The bonuses aren't great, but they're fairly fast. She can also nail a B with anyone on her list. Her slowest B's are as fast as Serra's fastest B's.

Sain isn't the most durable guy in the world. He's not running off by himself or anything like that. In fact, Serra beats him in durability, and she promotes rather early, so she can soon take to the front lines.

Serra's Erk support is only a +1, yes, but it also starts very early. It's only >200 turns if you go to A. Serra-Erk B or C is certainly useable.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming back to this, I want to know how Serra even has any supports. The only people she has that don't take >200 turns are Lucius and Sain. Lucius would be decent enough for both of them but nothing outstanding, and Sain is a mounted fighter while Serra is an unmounted healer. When considering tactics, they won't be next to each other very often, definitely not for 121 turns, or even possibly 81 for a B support.

All she can get is a few C supports, maybe a B if she's lucky. Nothing great.

Priscilla on the other hand has Raven and Erk for 75 and 76 turns. The bonuses aren't great, but they're fairly fast. She can also nail a B with anyone on her list. Her slowest B's are as fast as Serra's fastest B's.

If Lucius is played, he's wants Serra B to increase his terrible Defense. SainxSerra is her fastest support and they can keep in support range, as Serra promotes early, giving Sain only a 1 Movement advantage for a while. Serra has the entire game to build Erk B, so that and Sain B gives some nice bonuses.

Priscilla is usually best with Erk A, Guy B, but the attack bonuses don't come into play until after promotion.

And of course, you're still ignoring my argument on how Serra doesn't have such a big level lead.

She has six Lyn's mode chapters, and most of those with Nils to Play for her. Serra is rejoining at least level 8 or so, and then she has a few chapters of exclusive healing.

She's not healing every turn in Lyn's story, no matter how hard you try. Then there's Lyn's funds to be careful of. Buying and using another staff could bring it down to four, though I haven't tested this. Level 8 is an accurate level for her for when Priscilla joins, 10 at max.

She's not healing every turn in Lyn's story, no matter how hard you try. Then there's Lyn's funds to be careful of. Buying and using another staff could bring it down to four, though I haven't tested this. Level 8 is an accurate level for her for when Priscilla joins, 10 at max.

Funds is hardly a problem, since you can just not use the stat-boosters. There's usually at least one or two injuries a turn from level-ups granting HP. So Serra is gaining about a level every five turns.

I don't understand how anyone making a conscious effort could not S rank Lyn Funds. And she can Heal (practically) every turn. I've done it before, and it's not that hard at all.

She's not healing every turn in Lyn's story, no matter how hard you try.

Of course not. However, that's more than made up for by healing twice on most of the turns.

Then there's Lyn's funds to be careful of. Buying and using another staff could bring it down to four, though I haven't tested this.

It doesn't.

Serra comes in chapter 5. Keeping Lyn's tactics alive, she has 51 total turns, 40 with Nils around, so 91 possible chances to heal. Obviously, she won't be able to heal every time. 60 is probably the max you can get out of her, 2 full heal staves. This puts her at level 6 with 60 experience when she rejoins, approximately.

If you take Hector's mode, she has 26 turns in the chapters before Priscilla joins, + a few for the turns before Priscilla is recruited. Once again, she's just not able to heal every turn; I'd say 20 of those at max, less if you took Eliwood's route. This puts her at about level 9 when she rejoins. Only, this is if you staff abused and were able to have her heal extremely often, which isn't always going to be possible. At level 9, she's barely caught up to Priscilla's magic base, and only a bit ahead in everything else, the highest being a +5 HP. Thing is, Priscilla has +2 movement on her. Considering their magic is the same, Priscilla's already doing a better healing job, being able to reach farther than her. Serra can get an earlier promotion, but Priscilla shouldn't be too far behind, and then Priscilla is easily winning.

And don't try saying my level for Serra isn't accurate. What I gave is actually higher than I feel is accurate.

This puts her at level 6 with 60 experience when she rejoins, approximately.

level 7.60, actually

She starts on level 1, not level 0.

Lyn mode is 85 turns or less to S tactics.

prologue, ch 1, ch 2, ch 3 are about 5 turns each (I usually do 1, 2, and 3 in 4 turns each, but eh). Ch 4 is always 8. 28 turns so far. 57 turns left.

Serra appears.

Ch 5 and 6 are also about 5 turns each. If she misses a turn each chapter, that's 8 heals. 47 turns left.

Ch 7, 7x, and 8 are about 7 turns each. If she misses a whole turn and also misses a Nils refresh each chapter, that's 33 heals. 41 so far. 26 turns left.

Ch 9 has quite a few reinforcements. It actually has a decent enemy count. And the boss is on a gate. So you can spend quite a few turns here. Ch 10 has a few turns of meh at the beginning, so she'll miss more turns there. Out of the last 26 turns, if you miss one and a refresh in ch 9 and miss three and a refresh in ch 10, that's 42 more heals. 83 total. 913 exp. lv 10.13.

+20 heals in ch 12, 13, 13x, and first half of 14 = lv 12.33

You're assuming 7 turns each in chs 1, 2, 3, and 6, which is much longer than you need, which leaves you fewer turns for later Lyn mode chapters, so you get lv 9.80, almost lv 10.

And I get lv 12.33. Average of the two is lv 11.

Or if you take your evaluation and take 1-2 turns off of each of 1, 2, 3, and 6, that gives Serra time for about 10 more heals, putting her solidly at lv 11 on Priscilla's joining.

Edited by Reikken

level 7.60, actually

She starts on level 1, not level 0.

Yeah, my bad.

Lyn mode is 85 turns or less to S tactics.

prologue, ch 1, ch 2, ch 3 are about 5 turns each (I usually do 1, 2, and 3 in 4 turns each, but eh). Ch 4 is always 8. 28 turns so far. 57 turns left.

Serra appears.

Ch 5 and 6 are also about 5 turns each. If she misses a turn each chapter, that's 8 heals. 47 turns left.

Ch 7, 7x, and 8 are about 7 turns each. If she misses a whole turn and also misses a Nils refresh each chapter, that's 33 heals. 41 so far. 26 turns left.

Ch 9 has quite a few reinforcements. It actually has a decent enemy count. And the boss is on a gate. So you can spend quite a few turns here. Ch 10 has a few turns of meh at the beginning, so she'll miss more turns there. Out of the last 26 turns, if you miss one and a refresh in ch 9 and miss three and a refresh in ch 10, that's 42 more heals. 83 total. 913 exp. lv 10.13.

+20 heals in ch 12, 13, 13x, and first half of 14 = lv 12.33

You're assuming 7 turns each in chs 1, 2, 3, and 6, which is much longer than you need, which leaves you fewer turns for later Lyn mode chapters, so you get lv 9.80, almost lv 10.

And I get lv 12.33. Average of the two is lv 11.

Or if you take your evaluation and take 1-2 turns off of each of 1, 2, 3, and 6, that gives Serra time for about 10 more heals, putting her solidly at lv 11 on Priscilla's joining.

Another problem is that chapter 10 is almost impossible to do fast enough without promoting Wallace, so you need some extra turns to make up for it. Or is Wallace assumed to be promoted? And chapter 8 with the ballistae means she isn't likely to be healing too much there since you don't want her in range of that on account of the fact it can likely 2-shot her. Chapter six has a low enemy count, so she isn't healing often there either. She's very likely missing more than one turn on every chapter, and Nils can occasionally be more strategically used on someone else. In fact, Nils should probably be used as little as possible so you can get that experience in the main story instead, where it's much more needed.

Yeah, my bad.

Another problem is that chapter 10 is almost impossible to do fast enough without promoting Wallace, so you need some extra turns to make up for it. Or is Wallace assumed to be promoted? And chapter 8 with the ballistae means she isn't likely to be healing too much there since you don't want her in range of that on account of the fact it can likely 2-shot her. Chapter six has a low enemy count, so she isn't healing often there either. She's very likely missing more than one turn on every chapter, and Nils can occasionally be more strategically used on someone else. In fact, Nils should probably be used as little as possible so you can get that experience in the main story instead, where it's much more needed.

Wait, why not use Nils? I don't think using Nils a bit in Lyn's story (he'll only really get to ~ level 7) is going to be hurting Experience much.

Wait, why not use Nils? I don't think using Nils a bit in Lyn's story (he'll only really get to ~ level 7) is going to be hurting Experience much.

~7, while pretty high in itself, is ~700 experience that Hector/Eliwood need much more. A small amount, but easily enough.

Another problem is that chapter 10 is almost impossible to do fast enough without promoting Wallace, so you need some extra turns to make up for it. Or is Wallace assumed to be promoted?

Eh? I don't use Wallace at all in this chapter. He sits in the back along with Wil and follows along just in case.

And yeah, you can easily have some extra turns. As stated, 1,2,3,6 are shorter than the tactics requirement lists for them, so they grant easy extra turns.

And chapter 8 with the ballistae means she isn't likely to be healing too much there since you don't want her in range of that on account of the fact it can likely 2-shot her.

It always targets Nils, actually, since he has lower hp/def, so she's fine. Even if it did attack and hit, that would just be -1 heal for a turn spent using a vulnerary.

Chapter six has a low enemy count, so she isn't healing often there either.
It also means you complete it in about 4 turns rather than 7 and spend those other turns in chapters like 9 and 10.

I get her to heal all 4 turns in ch 6, but I can understand missing the first one...even though it's very easy to do. Simply have Erk attack that mercenary melee instead of ranged.

In fact, Nils should probably be used as little as possible so you can get that experience in the main story instead, where it's much more needed.

You don't want Ninian so frail that she can get killed.

It's better to have room for error or the option to get that important refresh even if it means going into enemy range.

~7, while pretty high in itself, is ~700 experience that Hector/Eliwood need much more. A small amount, but easily enough.

btw, lv 7 = 600 exp

And it's 470 exp in my evaluation.

Edited by Reikken

Ninian/Nils can pretty easily be used in any situation and still be out of enemy range, though Ninian's joining chapter makes this rather hard to do with fog-of-war.

Eh? I don't use Wallace at all in this chapter. He sits in the back along with Wil and follows along just in case.

And yeah, you can easily have some extra turns. As stated, 1,2,3,6 are shorter than the tactics requirement lists for them, so they grant easy extra turns.

I can't see it being enough. Without Wallace, this chapter can take quite a while. You need all the turns you can get, and Serra won't be healing for a good amount of it because of the rain.

It always targets Nils, actually, since he has lower hp/def, so she's fine. Even if it did attack and hit, that would just be -1 heal for a turn spent using a vulnerary.

What's Nils doing in range of them? I think he can possibly be one-shotted by them.

It also means you complete it in about 4 turns rather than 7 and spend those other turns in chapters like 9 and 10.

I get her to heal all 4 turns in ch 6, but I can understand missing the first one...even though it's very easy to do. Simply have Erk attack that mercenary melee instead of ranged.

4 turns is a bit low. I'd say 5, enough time to get the armorslayer. Only one turn, but still something. And that's if you really book it.

Also, purposely getting your guys hit doesn't seem like the greatest strategy, though in this case I suppose it's not really hurting anything.

btw, lv 7 = 600 exp

And it's 470 exp in my evaluation.

Gah, I keep doing that.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Ninian/Nils can pretty easily be used in any situation and still be out of enemy range, though Ninian's joining chapter makes this rather hard to do with fog-of-war.

I can't see it being enough. Without Wallace, this chapter can take quite a while. You need all the turns you can get, and Serra won't be healing for a good amount of it because of the rain.

What's Nils doing in range of them? I think he can possibly be one-shotted by them.

4 turns is a bit low. I'd say 5, enough time to get the armorslayer. Only one turn, but still something. And that's if you really book it.

Also, purposely getting your guys hit doesn't seem like the greatest strategy, though in this case I suppose it's not really hurting anything.

Gah, I keep doing that.

True.

I really don't think the Chapter is THAT long, and I always find a lot of time to heal... Who knows...

Nils takes more than one Balista shot to die, and he often dodges them.

Purposefully getting your guys hit will actually help you because of extra XP gained, etc. Enemies in Lyn's Mode are so sparse you don't really have to worry about dieing either.

I really don't think the Chapter is THAT long, and I always find a lot of time to heal... Who knows...

Nils takes more than one Balista shot to die, and he often dodges them.

Purposefully getting your guys hit will actually help you because of extra XP gained, etc. Enemies in Lyn's Mode are so sparse you don't really have to worry about dieing either.

Rain. It hurts. There are a lot of reinforcements, but they're far off, so Serra isn't healing much at all for ~6 turns at least.

Point taken.

Problem is, there aren't many areas where you find just one enemy alone with a significant use for this tactic. Especially if you let the enemy phase come. Though I never thought of this tactic and will try it some time.

They can be used, but being used on the unit you want is a different story.

Why would you need Wallace? I don't understand. And more importantly, how does he make it any faster? All he does is keep you from getting heals with his massive def.

And yes, she misses a few turns here, which is why I said 3 instead of 1.

Anyway, even if you shave off 12 heals, you still get lv 11 by Priscilla's joining.

No, he can't. You severely overestimate lolLynmode enemies. Ballistae have 8 mt. That archer would need to have 11 str to one-shot base lv Nils. They have about 3 iirc.

I get it in 4 =/

1st turn, Matthew opens that door. 2nd turn, he opens the angelic robe chest. 3rd turn, he attacks that soldier for exp. Someone else finishes it. Then 4th turn, they use the key to open the door, and Matthew gets the armorslayer chest. Alternatively, have someone else kill the soldier, and then Matthew open the door on turn 3.

I did use 5 in my evaluation thingy, though.

Indeed it isn't. lolLynmode.

Edited by Reikken