Fire Emblem Emulation, hacking, etc

Tolvir

I started on Serenes Forest about 2 years ago now. Over my time here, I have seen a few people mention emulators, messing with game data like manipulating stats, and a few other extra things of the same nature. I am really intrigued by this, so I have a few questions.

What I am looking to do, if it is entirely possible, is load up an emulator of Radiant Dawn, and mess around with various things with the game. Character stats, skills, etc. Im not sure if this is entirely possible, so I might as well just take the leap and ask. So what emulator should I use, how does the manipulation of the game work (I have computer experience if it requires knowing something like C+ like the old Neverwinter game did), what programs and tools will I need to do it?

Thanks for any information. And if its in the wrong subforum, let me know.

Really hope this isn't ban worthy either.

5 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I started on Serenes Forest about 2 years ago now. Over my time here, I have seen a few people mention emulators, messing with game data like manipulating stats, and a few other extra things of the same nature. I am really intrigued by this, so I have a few questions.

What I am looking to do, if it is entirely possible, is load up an emulator of Radiant Dawn, and mess around with various things with the game. Character stats, skills, etc. Im not sure if this is entirely possible, so I might as well just take the leap and ask. So what emulator should I use, how does the manipulation of the game work (I have computer experience if it requires knowing something like C+ like the old Neverwinter game did), what programs and tools will I need to do it?

Thanks for any information. And if its in the wrong subforum, let me know.

Really hope this isn't ban worthy either.

Literally look in the "Fan Projects" Section. All you'll need to know about rom Hacking should be there, and what's not will be on FEUniverse

Just now, Tolvir said:

what about Emulation, will that be there?

Emulation is basically playing the game on your computer. All you need to do is google "GCN/WII Emulator" and find the emulator that works best for you, then finding a copy of the rom you want to play.

2 minutes ago, Attila said:

Emulation is basically playing the game on your computer. All you need to do is google "GCN/WII Emulator" and find the emulator that works best for you, then finding a copy of the rom you want to play.

Ok cool, thanks. Really appreciate it.

Hi there, i have a realy important question for me, does anyone have a link for the "Fire emblem, dream of five" hack, that continues the story when nikita is defeatet? Would be really glad for help, cause it stopped there but i don't have the correct knowledge of which file to take.

1 hour ago, Blays said:

Hi there, i have a realy important question for me, does anyone have a link for the "Fire emblem, dream of five" hack, that continues the story when nikita is defeatet? Would be really glad for help, cause it stopped there but i don't have the correct knowledge of which file to take.

Dream of Five was cancelled a while back.

Well thats bad for me, i got pretty much every FE through a couple times. Is there actually one complete Hack you can play on your android?

And for now, thx for the answer :)

Edited by Blays

If you're looking to emulate RD, then Dolphin 5.0 is your best bet for running it. =) I'm a hacker myself and made previously unplayable units available on some maps.

Edited by tailfin

12 hours ago, tailfin said:

If you're looking to emulate RD, then Dolphin 5.0 is your best bet for running it. =) I'm a hacker myself and made previously unplayable units available on some maps.

Yep, downloaded dolphin and RD last night. Unfortunately I can't get the gecko codes or ar codes to work, was really looks forward to messing with some things that way. 

I prefer actual hacking though. I tried using Gecko myself, but very few of them work ( iirc some of the unit data was shifted ). Using a hex editor ultimately gives you more control if you're interesting in changing the base stats, growths, affinities etc. of units which Gecko can't really do. =) I've hacked weapons too ( which is real fun xD ). It's a bit daunting at first, but you'll quickly get the hang of it.

Here's Vincent's topic on hacking FE10. Everyone interesting in hacking RD should start there. =)

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/18280-fe10-radiant-dawn-hacking-notes/&page=1