What do you think the special outfits will look like?

Anacybele

51 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Would he blush though? I feel like he would just stare at us like we are crazy I mean he wouldn't be wrong :P:

I think he could. I mean, if someone like Frederick can blush, Ike can blush. lol And Frederick is as serious and blunt as they come!

17 minutes ago, Thane said:

I think Ike's more in line with saying: http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/093/821/a84.jpg

(For some reason the link wouldn't load)

Well the face is what I was thinking of so let's just add that line and be all happy!

@Anacybele fair enough

11 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Didn't the Direct say that promotion is already a natural component of the game?  So every character (aside from ones that don't promote) should already have an alternative promotion portrait.

They do have a promotion-like system, but it didn't seem to affect the art much, if at all.

So... I actually had a thought that might be somewhat plausible to answer this question. 

Well, pretty much all every character who's anywhere near the top spot has both a base class and an upgrade class, don't they? So it stands to reason that one possibility, at least, could be the promoted forms of the various lords. With the exception of Lyn (though I'm sure they could make something up), most of the characters have an at least moderately different outfit upon promotion, so maybe that's the special outfit they'll go with.

S'the best guess that I got, anyway.

EDIT: This has already been said. I didn't read the thread before posting lol. my bad. I guess I'm seconding the notion, then

Edited by BANRYU

4 hours ago, BANRYU said:

So... I actually had a thought that might be somewhat plausible to answer this question. 

Well, pretty much all every character who's anywhere near the top spot has both a base class and an upgrade class, don't they? So it stands to reason that one possibility, at least, could be the promoted forms of the various lords. With the exception of Lyn (though I'm sure they could make something up), most of the characters have an at least moderately different outfit upon promotion, so maybe that's the special outfit they'll go with.

S'the best guess that I got, anyway.

EDIT: This has already been said. I didn't read the thread before posting lol. my bad. I guess I'm seconding the notion, then

Roy's sprite doesn't change when he promotes, if it means anything.  

3 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Roy's sprite doesn't change when he promotes, if it means anything.  

In that case, I'm fresh out of ideas as to what his could be, beyond a fancier/armored up version of himself (Lyn is kinda in the same boat IIRC; her sprite changes, but by all appearances, her outfit don't). 

6 hours ago, BANRYU said:

In that case, I'm fresh out of ideas as to what his could be, beyond a fancier/armored up version of himself (Lyn is kinda in the same boat IIRC; her sprite changes, but by all appearances, her outfit don't). 

I put it in a spoiler, but his Awakening art would be awesome.

11 hours ago, Suichimo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

DLC_Roy.jpg

Please?

Why would they use previously made designs? These are special outfits, and they'd seem less special if past designs were just reused, even if they weren't really canon. This is why I don't expect Awakening DLC Ike or anything.

I don't expect that they'll reuse previous designs for the special outfits. I mean, I could see the Einherjar and promoted versions of characters, and even Awakening/Fates's fanservice outfits, making it into the game at some point (maybe in special events in the case of the Einherjar and fanservice), but considering any character from the entire series could potentially win the ballot, none of the previous designs can really be used to fill the role of the special outfit, even if the leaders in the poll at the halfway point did in fact have those previous designs available to them.

That's how I see it, at least.

Calling it now, both the male and female winners will be put in those open back sweaters that are trending right now.

seriously though, I'm expecting to get typical fanservice ( and I'm really all for that so long as it's not something I'll be seeing all the time), but I would much rather see the Askr armour idea realised, though we already have that to an extent with Anna.

Also, can we get a costume for Arthur that turns him into All-Might from My Hero Academia?

If these special outfits are supposed to be new, I am expecting to see fanservice. 

Characters getting a new class/being reclassed like in FE Cipher would be fun both gameplay and design wise. I also like the idea about them getting a Askir version of their outfits. If that's the case I hope they would get a Emblian version as well. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they just got alternate designs based on the games for those who appear in more than one game and those get a new art in FE13 though.

My guesses..currently based on Lyn and Ike since they were winning last we knew..and I'm placing them in order of my favorite possibilities.

Lyn

DLCLyn.png
Awakening DLC Design

Lyn_SR_-_Kaoru_Hagiya.jpg
Fire Emblem 0 Cipher Card

B07-008N.png
Fire Emblem Cipher Card

Ike

Ike_(Lord).png
Lord (Path of Radiance)

Ike_(FE13_DLC_Artwork).png
Awakening DLC Design

13 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

My guesses..currently based on Lyn and Ike since they were winning last we knew..and I'm placing them in order of my favorite possibilities.

Lyn

DLCLyn.png
Awakening DLC Design

Lyn_SR_-_Kaoru_Hagiya.jpg
Fire Emblem 0 Cipher Card

B07-008N.png
Fire Emblem Cipher Card

Ike

Ike_(Lord).png
Lord (Path of Radiance)

Ike_(FE13_DLC_Artwork).png
Awakening DLC Design

I hope its Lyns Blade Lord cipher the most but its likely the Awakening Swordmaster design which is also fantastic! and(PoR) Ikes promoted Lord class!

Edited by OpheliaNohrPrincess

I don't know but I hope it's Ike in the virgin killer sweater.

(In all seriousness, maybe Lyn for example in her Swordmaster outfit from Awakening?)

5 hours ago, OpheliaNohrPrincess said:

I hope its Lyns Blade Lord cipher the most but its likely the Awakening Swordmaster design which is also fantastic! and(PoR) Ikes promoted Lord class!

The Blade Lord one is growing on me..I placed Awakening's above it mostly because I didn't want to hear 'b-but fan service is teh bads' from some people lol
I honestly love any version of Lyn though, even all of these years later, she's still in my top five favorite Fire Emblem Characters along with Tharja, Camilla, Lucina, Tiki (both adult & child), Corrin , and Eirika. While I'm bummed she's still not playable in Super Smash Bros, I'm happy she's at least an Assist Trophy and gets some love..and I'm really hoping to see her even as just DLC for Fire Emblem Warriors.

Ike's promoted class has always been my favorite costume for him, it just looks amazing! The fact that he doesn't even have a colour reference to it in Smash Bros. is just sad to me (kinda like how it took until Brawl for Fire Mario to be a colour for Mario).

2 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

The Blade Lord one is growing on me..I placed Awakening's above it mostly because I didn't want to hear 'b-but fan service is teh bads' from some people lol
I honestly love any version of Lyn though, even all of these years later, she's still in my top five favorite Fire Emblem Characters along with Tharja, Camilla, Lucina, Tiki (both adult & child), Corrin , and Eirika. While I'm bummed she's still not playable in Super Smash Bros, I'm happy she's at least an Assist Trophy and gets some love..and I'm really hoping to see her even as just DLC for Fire Emblem Warriors.

Ike's promoted class has always been my favorite costume for him, it just looks amazing! The fact that he doesn't even have a colour reference to it in Smash Bros. is just sad to me (kinda like how it took until Brawl for Fire Mario to be a colour for Mario).

Same here I definitely thinks she's very likely for FE Warriors as DLC honestly. For outfits all versions she has are perfect! but the safe bet is her Awakening Swordmaster outfit which is fine. Ike I'm disappointed that Smash didn't reference the color scheme of his class promotion either hope its referenced for Heroes even make it a costume for him in FE Warriors!

On 2/2/2017 at 1:06 AM, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Same here I definitely thinks she's very likely for FE Warriors as DLC honestly. For outfits all versions she has are perfect! but the safe bet is her Awakening Swordmaster outfit which is fine. Ike I'm disappointed that Smash didn't reference the color scheme of his class promotion either hope its referenced for Heroes even make it a costume for him in FE Warriors!

Yeah. At the very least it has a good chance of appearing as a costume for him if he appears in Fire Emblem Warriors. Unlike Nintendo, Tecmo Koei is very good with Fan Service-y stuff like reference costumes..just look at the ones in Hyrule Warriors, both actual costumes and DLC..fan favorites are either there outright or referenced via a colour.