Disrespect to Other Users

Cynthia

The point of this topic is that Cynthia has an issue with how we curse.

A lot of people have a lot of issues with a lot of thing. They just deal with it. Personally I think if there is ever a no swearing rule I will become M.I.A

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So edit the topic title. :P

Can do.

And I was using swearing as an example of the amount of disrespect for other users that goes on. Swearing is just an example.

There are some users that just blatantly insult the "newer," users or even the "unpopular," users just because they want the others to think they are "cool," or better than everyone, and 99% of the time it goes ignored. However it isn't the staffs fault, as the users that see it don't REPORT it, some of them even encourage it. I'm not blaming the staff, as every time they are informed of a topic that is offensive, they are quick to close it. Obviously the staff can't read EVERYTHING posted on the site, but the members who see these occurrences and let it slide just because someone is "cool," or "popular." If a less popular member does it however, you can be certain they will report them out of spite.

I'm trying to say that there should be some kind of reminder somewhere that for starters reminds people being the "popular," member shouldn't exempt you from the rules, (flaming specifically, however I have seen others) and that everyone should be given the same amount of respect, be they new or by they a veteran or the forum. Normally I'm not one that has to point out the obvious, but it seems there are people here who obviously think that if a member is "cool in their book," that they shouldn't get in trouble, so they ignore any offensive posts, thus allowing this to escalate to flame wars, before staff members are able to notice these topics or posts.

I understand that it's not a big deal to some, but a few of us don't want to see everyone disrespecting each other, and flame wars every day.

Obviously not being a rule it wouldn't involve harsh punishment as long as the offense isn't as harsh as say, starting a flame war that lasts for several hours, but instead a simple report, then delete of post or topic without a physical warning, and if needed a verbal warning.

Less of a rule, more of a policy of general respect towards others. I personally see no harm in such a thing, as it wouldn't completely eliminate swearing and jokes and such, but more of, laughing at others expense without their consent.

Can do.

And I was using swearing as an example of the amount of disrespect for other users that goes on. Swearing is just an example.

There are some users that just blatantly insult the "newer," users or even the "unpopular," users just because they want the others to think they are "cool," or better than everyone, and 99% of the time it goes ignored. However it isn't the staffs fault, as the users that see it don't REPORT it, some of them even encourage it. I'm not blaming the staff, as every time they are informed of a topic that is offensive, they are quick to close it. Obviously the staff can't read EVERYTHING posted on the site, but the members who see these occurrences and let it slide just because someone is "cool," or "popular." If a less popular member does it however, you can be certain they will report them out of spite.

I'm trying to say that there should be some kind of reminder somewhere that for starters reminds people being the "popular," member shouldn't exempt you from the rules, (flaming specifically, however I have seen others) and that everyone should be given the same amount of respect, be they new or by they a veteran or the forum. Normally I'm not one that has to point out the obvious, but it seems there are people here who obviously think that if a member is "cool in their book," that they shouldn't get in trouble, so they ignore any offensive posts, thus allowing this to escalate to flame wars, before staff members are able to notice these topics or posts.

I understand that it's not a big deal to some, but a few of us don't want to see everyone disrespecting each other, and flame wars every day.

Obviously not being a rule it wouldn't involve harsh punishment as long as the offense isn't as harsh as say, starting a flame war that lasts for several hours, but instead a simple report, then delete of post or topic without a physical warning, and if needed a verbal warning.

Less of a rule, more of a policy of general respect towards others. I personally see no harm in such a thing, as it wouldn't completely eliminate swearing and jokes and such, but more of, laughing at others expense without their consent.

Isn't a policy just a weaker or stronger version of a rule (don't know law)

Also I don't report anyone who swears at anyone it's not a bother to me.

Isn't a policy just a weaker or stronger version of a rule (don't know law)

Also I don't report anyone who swears at anyone it's not a bother to me.

1) No not really

2) No I don't report it...unless if it is racist comment.

1) No not really

2) No I don't report it...unless if it is racist comment.

1. Okay just wondering

2. That or a sexist comment. If it came be given to all groups of people equally then I don't really care

The point of this topic is that Cynthia has an issue with how we curse.

That is not the issue, my problem is people have a lack of respect for what others think, say or just them in general...

it's plain easy. NOBODY GIVES SHIT

Exactly what I'm talking about.

Obviously SOMEONE DOES, as I am a person last I checked.

Edited by Cynthia

I don't want people reporting every damn post... ._.

There's already rules to respect each member. People are just ignorant of them.

3985_nmn.jpg

Hahah, while funny, don't do that again.

There's already rules to respect each member. People are just ignorant of them.

Then why are they not being enforced? If people are ignoring them, then there is a problem. If people aren't aware of them, then they should be MADE aware of them.

Edited by Cynthia

Yes I agree with that. Only report something which is actually serious.

Plus it will be kind of nuts if everyone started to report every single post that is offensive 0_o

Edited by Luxord

Well we could make a topic in announcements to remind people of it. I don't want to overshadow the current new rule though, so if there's still a problem after a few more days, I'll make a topic.

Plus it will be kind of nuts if everyone started to report every single post 0_o

Certian people already do. It does nothing but spam my inbox and frustrate me.

Plus it will be kind of nuts if everyone started to report every single post that is offensive 0_o

I never said that, I said not to ignore people's posts just because they are popular.

I don't expect people to report anything SLIGHTLY offensive. I mean for the things that are OBVIOUSLY offensive.

I never said that, I said not to ignore people's posts just because they are popular.

I don't expect people to report anything SLIGHTLY offensive. I mean for the things that are OBVIOUSLY offensive.

Okay I got yeah

I think it's okay to use swear words.

But, people should learn some restraint. Don't use swear words that often, otherwise they lose their intensity and become worthless anyway.

At the very least, if you're going to swear every other word, you should just do: F*** or something.

But, people should learn some restraint. Don't use swear words that often, otherwise they lose their intensity and become worthless anyway.

At the very least, if you're going to swear every other word, you should just do: F*** or something.

That is sort of what I'm saying, not exactly, but yes a good way of putting it. Restraint, people need to learn to use it.

We don't have that problem here where people start using the F*** like in every sentence.

People just need to learn to restrain themselves. Don't go spewing swear words and sex jokes all over the place.

I'll be honest, I do say some sex jokes and swear words every once in a while, but they're not in every other post.

Beg to differ, it's not just swearing either.

I agree with you, its not just the swears as well. I was just trying to point out an example.

Edited by Luxord

People just need to learn to restrain themselves. Don't go spewing swear words and sex jokes all over the place.

I'll be honest, I do say some sex jokes and swear words every once in a while, but they're not in every other post.

Thank you Lyle, it's good to see you understand what I'm talking about.

I'm just trying to say that some people really don't know what "respect," means when it comes to respecting other users, and we should inform them what it means.

Respect means treating EVERYONE equally, no insulting new comers, or unpopular people, and no putting people below yourself and publicly making them feel inferior to you. If you have a problem with a user, just report them, or ignore them.