• Lachesis
    • Ross
    • Amelia
    • Ewan
    • Donnel
    • Mozu

1 minute ago, Magilou said:

May I ask how Raquesis is a trainee?

Also, I voted for Ross because he joins first of the FE8 trainees and can turn into the best class of the three.

Lachesis wasn't with the Cavaliers, and I guessed that the switch from Princess to Master Knight counted enough to throw her in here.

Leif influenced the decision, even if the Lords are exclusive to the Lord list.

Just now, Magilou said:

As for my understanding a trainee starts one tier lower than the lord does and has to pass two class changes at least.

It's not the case for her. Her promotion to a class which can use almost each weapon type doesn't really justfiy to call her a "trainee" in my eyes.

Well, it is largely 'covering an error'. Additionally, Leif's role in Thracia suggests this to be the case (Leif promotes into Prince in Thracia, which is his starting class in Genealogy). Either way, she's here for the sake of being somewhere.

I think a trainee unit or a Est only would be good if :

1.- Arrive early enough, or at least have high stats for his level (Like Sara or in a minor extent, Nino)

2.- Has paragon (like Astrid or Sara) 

3.- Has at least incredible growth rates (like Donnel or Sara) 

4.- Has absurd level ups that guarants their snow balling (Growth Fa/Myrhh or even FE6!Karel like)

5.- Has a special utility that non other unit can give you (Like Lachesis or Sara)

6.- Incredible promotion bonuses (like Lachesis or Sara)

Also they must have easy ways to do damage (good hitrates,  enough power to do 5-10 damage to non-bulky enemies) . 

And that wouldn't be enough, you would need make that character an actual requierement to complete the game (Sara).

In my opinion, donnel is worthless.  You waste so much experience by leveling him that could be put into other units.  "but Donnel has great growths"  Everyone has great growths in awakening, and the only thing you need donnel for is his skills to be passed down.  A good trainee (or viliger) starts at the beginning, when they are not holding everyone back, and take lesss rescources to level and become good.  Like How gaiden did it or with ross.  Sorry... I just felt like putting that out there.   I chose Kliff because he's badass.