Is a 5* better than a leveled up 3*?

Maddoka

So I am not really sure how the game works so far. I need some help.

So I have this 3* unit and looked how much shards it would cost to level him up. I noticed that I could go over level 20, and the max was level 40. So I was wondering, what if I get a 3* unit and level him up to 40, and then make him a 4* unit... Will he be better than a summoned 4*? And if that is the case, would he even be better when I level this guy up to 40 again before making him 5*? Or isn't it even possible to level to 40 and is the game lying to me?

I've searched for an answer to this, couldn't find one. Sorry if the answer already has been posted on here. :I

When you unlock potential and upgrade star rating, it resets that character to the bases of the new star level. So, training a 3 star unit to X lvl is better than a lvl 1 5 star, but in the long run, a 5 star max lvl is the best.

Aww that is too bad. But thanks for the answer, both of you. Now I know that I can just get my guys to 4* as soon as possible... It's quite annoying though that it would probably make their stats drop. >.<'

Ah well, I'l level them up again.

Well, the answers above are pretty accurate. There's no point in levelling hero past 20 if you want just to uprage his stars. Units with more stars have more skills they can learn, better base stats and (probaly) better growth. If i got it right, they also gain SP faster.

Edited by Avestus

If the character's stats reset then there's no point in going all the way to max level for each star, correct? Also, is it guaranteed that a leveled 5* will be better than a leveled 4*? I have a 4* Shanna that has got insanely good level ups, and if those are reset then it seems like those level ups don't matter if I take her to 5*. Taking the reset into account, would it ever be worth it to not promote to a higher * rating because a character got such good level ups?

Its kinda like this from what i see

One Star is worth 300 SP aprox because thats how much you could probably get from 1-20

5 Star starts with some basic skills their final weapon mastered, so thats around 350-ish free SP

So overall its around break even or you get slightly more starting SP from a unit raised from 3*

4 minutes ago, Darkon said:

Is there any stats difference between a 3* and a 5* or the only difference are the skills?

5* has better base stats, good skills to start and certain 5* characters ie Lord characters get their Legendary weapons off the bat.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn