True Love?

Cynthia

Ahh, true love... Does it exist? Depends on your definition. Way I see it, love is a one way street. You can still love/be in love with a person who doesn't love you, right? True love is just a way fancier of saying you love somebody the way I see it. There's love and there's not love. Raven, you loved your old girlfriend. Your current hate for her does not change the fact that you loved her. You just dont anymore.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, true love... Does it exist? Depends on your definition. Way I see it, love is a one way street. You can still love/be in love with a person who doesn't love you, right? True love is just a way fancier of saying you love somebody the way I see it. There's love and there's not love. Raven, you loved your old girlfriend. Your current hate for her does not change the fact that you loved her. You just dont anymore.

I know. But now, I no longer love her. It felt like true love at the time, but now I question it's existence, and now I believe there's nothing past love. It's just believing that the one you love is the one, making it true.

Well said. I, too, went through a break-up with my gf because of another guy. I questioned true loves existance and arrived at the conclusion that love is the end. I felt like there was nothing better in the world better when we were together. I was broken when it ended. I was sad, angry, jealous, but I loved her still. I still love her. She still thinks she loves me, but I'm not sure she understands love, which is why we haven't gotten back together.

But yeah. I doubt there is anything past love, because if there was anything better than how I felt with her, I think I'd probably explode.

I dunno what you guys really mean...

I think that two people loving each other and accepting one another's flaws is a perfectly reasonable thought.

This is actually my definition. And it's not impossible for teenagers to find true love, it's just that most teenage guys are either A) fucking assholes or B) sexually deprived perverts. While I admit sex is a good thing, it's not something I want to share with someone unless I really love them. That's something most guys in their teens lack, and it gets in the way of my definition of true love.

Ah, but who says true love entails being perfect? As I said, I believe it's entails accepting the faults of your other half.

It all depends on your definition, but if you define something as unattainable, why have a word for it at all?

It has nothing to do with perfection, at least from what I think. True love is commonly believed to be just the greatest love you will find. And if that[/i[] is considered perfect, then there's a lot you need to be working on...

Meteor, you've taken what I've said out of context and tried to apply it to something other than what it was intended for. If you want to debate over this, we need a debate forum.

I apologize, then; I didn't mean to take it out of context. That part of your post made no sense to me, so I was explaining how I interpreted it. :/

Don't feel obligated to explain yourself if you do not wish. I'll drop it right here.

If two people love eachother enough to make the relationship work, then that's all that is needed.

I think two people can love each other enough to break up. If they realize they're incompatible, for example, or that for them to live together it would require a change in one/both's life that they would not be able to cope with.