Most efficient way to level up

Pimalai

Hey guys,

Have you figured out the best way to level up new characters so that they catch up in level with existing ones? 

For the moment I've been grinding up the lower stages of the training tower, with a team of 2-3 higher level characters, trying to guarantee some last hits for the target one.

I have also done the two first upgrades of the castle.

TY!

Upgrade the castle fully ASAP I'd say. For the rest, you can do what you do or just field a group of all similar level units in the training tower and try to level up that way. As long as you don't die, that's the most effective I'd say :).

Yeah, upgrade your castle and do the training levels. That's what I did to get my Freddy to lv. 20, though now I have to wait to get enough feathers to make him four stars. xP

You can send your unwanted units home (don't send away 5 stars that's dumb).

These are usually 3 star units you're not planning to upgrade.

Edit: Do you need either or both materials to upgrade?

Edited by Jayvee94

For lower tiers tower stratums you can go with lvl 1 units against lvl 10 (second stratum) and it's fine since enemies are shit-tier. You also gain a level for each kill which is nice. On the medium levels i still tend to challenge enemies at least 5 lvls ahead of my party. It's perfectly doable and nets you more exp. Now i'm doing lunatic quests vs 35+ lvl enemies with 33 and 31 golden units and ~23 silvers/bronze. It's hard to set up kills for lower-leveled guys, but still possible. Even so, the exp gain after lvl 20 is pretty slow. Before that - it's a breeze.

With the halved stamina cost, the Training Tower is a really easy method, so long as you're prepared to grind a bit.

In a single afternoon, I've almost got 3 newly summoned characters to Level 20.

Shards work, but you need to stock up on them or shell out Platinum Coins on the My Nintendo website.

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

With the halved stamina cost, the Training Tower is a really easy method, so long as you're prepared to grind a bit.

In a single afternoon, I've almost got 3 newly summoned characters to Level 20.

Shards work, but you need to stock up on them or shell out Platinum Coins on the My Nintendo website.

I dont know if you used a potion or not... But ... that's pretty hard to do with plain 50 stamina.

However... unless these summoned character are 4 stars. Then I say it is believable.

8 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

I dont know if you used a potion or not... But ... that's pretty hard to do with plain 50 stamina.

However... unless these summoned character are 4 stars. Then I say it is believable.

4 stars gain the same amount of EXP as 5 stars I believe. Stage 1 only costs like 2 stamina and killing an enemy at level 1 pretty much guarantees a level-up for lower level units. It's very believable.

Edited by Birdy

19 minutes ago, Birdy said:

4 stars gain the same amount of EXP as 5 stars I believe. Stage 1 only costs like 2 stamina and killing an enemy at level 1 pretty much guarantees a level-up for lower level units. It's very believable.

They do. It's just 4/5 stars have an easier time mopping the floor than the lower stars.

Say.. your characters is level 16. Would u bring them to a stratum against level 14 or level 20.

A 5* team can probably beat level 20. A 2* team (Sharena/Alphonse) will get massacred on the level 20 stage 

37 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

They do. It's just 4/5 stars have an easier time mopping the floor than the lower stars.

Say.. your characters is level 16. Would u bring them to a stratum against level 14 or level 20.

A 5* team can probably beat level 20. A 2* team (Sharena/Alphonse) will get massacred on the level 20 stage 

First, there are tiers (marked by the colour of stars) for each of the stratums of Tower. A 2star team is a pushover. Its "top" point is second stratum, whose units are beatable with lvl 1 bronze/silver team. Especially if you took some rally bots with you. For bronze tier - everything stays rougly the same. Against silver and higher i try not to make the difference more than 5 levels. And that was when i still had silver units + bronze ones + rally bot Sharena. Now while clearing 8th Stratum with (at the most screwed random deviation) 40 lvl enemies i coped when using 33,31 gold 23 ; 23 bronze and 22 silver units which means that gold units can safely go for at least 7 lvls of difference. It all boils down to using effectively buffs/debuffs, making an approprtiate team setup and, well, tactics.

Edited by Avestus

1 hour ago, Ryuke said:

They were 4-5 stars.

Also, I had the whole afternoon, which I *think* gave me around 100 stamina (50 when I started, then after 4ish hours, it would be 50 again).

100 stamina is enough for 16+ rounds of the starting to 5th stratum, which is plenty of levels.

I only use stamina potions for story maps (to get orbs) ^^