BAD CHARACTER GROWTH RANT

Rayofcannon

Aren't the growth rates fixed though? As in, they have "growth rates" but the levels are fixed. Like they always get 1 attack point every, for an example, 3 level ups? If so then your Roy should be as good/bad as anyone else's.

No, Growths are RANDOM, however, the FINAL stat is fixed with some IV-like variations.

That is to say, growths for a stat is only randomized until you either hit your cap early, or need to proc it every level to reach the cap, at which point its forced

Somebody can correct me, but all characters tend to the same stat total. However, rather than IVs like Pokemon, characters have something closer to Natures. So the Takumi with 47 Attack could be +Attack and the one with 41 Attack could be -Attack.

I hear the +/- patterns aren't limited to just 2 stats like in Pokemon though.

Oh that makes sense. So only the totals are fixed. Okay, that means we at least don't have to worry about getting screwed out of a good character.

Yeah, every character has a few different variations to them. i have 2 same stared Sullys at 19 and their difference in SPD is 6 whole points.

I would bet your Roy will gain like 5 ATK in the next 6 levels or something good like that. that seems to be how it goes.

5 hours ago, Wen Yang said:

No, Growths are RANDOM, however, the FINAL stat is fixed with some IV-like variations.

That is to say, growths for a stat is only randomized until you either hit your cap early, or need to proc it every level to reach the cap, at which point its forced

Growths are not random. At all. They're also extremely erratic.

You can check out my research thread that's pinned for how I believe the stat system works.

My 4 4-star Faes had these stat growths. Two of my Faes had the exact same base stats and also had the exact same level ups (the third set in the table is Fae 3 and Fae 4). You'll notice that the HP growth for Fae 1 is identical to Fae 3 and 4, the Speed and Defense growths for Fae 1 are identical to Fae 2, and the Resistance growth for Fae 2 is identical to Fae 3 and 4. In other words any two characters with the same positive, neutral, or negative roll on a given stat will have the same growths as each other.

6R91HFI.png

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, BANRYU said:

...Is no one going to point out the cruel irony that this Roy's growth resembles his actual growth in-game in FE6 lol

He would become a god if its actually FE6 version

Roy at 20/20 Endgame is actually hilariously strong

1 minute ago, Suichimo said:

Here is my Roy, I have no idea where I've been blessed or screwed, if it helps ease any worries.

iIrPmfb.png

Medium stats for Roy at lvl.40 are:

HP: 44

Atk: 46

Spd: 31 

Def: 25

Res: 28

So you're High stat with five levels to go is probably either speed or resistance, while your Low stat is attack. 

20 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Medium stats for Roy at lvl.40 are:

Out of curiosity, do you have median stats for other units at 40 as well? I'd like to check some of mine.

I feel your pain, OP. I wanted a good blue on my team, and I got Robin5. Said Robin5 proceeds to not get speed forever, and is currently lv 21 with only 10 speed. Can't even double armors, for shame.

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

Out of curiosity, do you have median stats for other units at 40 as well? I'd like to check some of mine.

I feel your pain, OP. I wanted a good blue on my team, and I got Robin5. Said Robin5 proceeds to not get speed forever, and is currently lv 21 with only 10 speed. Can't even double armors, for shame.

Sure, but I can do even better and give you the site that I use so you can check yourself :P. It's still being updated as they get more info about 5 star level 40 characters ofcourse, so it only has a select few.

Link: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-emblem-heroes-iv-calculator

Just now, Birdy said:

Sure, but I can do even better and give you the site that I use so you can check yourself :P. It's still being updated as they get more info about 5 star level 40 characters ofcourse, so it only has a select few.

Link: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-emblem-heroes-iv-calculator

Awesome, thanks!