My personal thoughts on Re-Classing and Grinding

Busterman64

22 hours ago, KoimanZX said:

The debuff system that replaced weapon durability made me use the more powerful weapons even less, to be honest. I have never used a single silver weapon in Fates, and the S-rank weapons always go straight to the convoy for me as forged iron weapons are much more worth it. 

Maybe, but from where I'm standing, it'd be no better if they were gathering dust in the convoy because of the "too awesome to use" trope. That said, I don't wind up using the S rank weapons in Fates either, in large part because I either don't care for or even outright dislike most of the classes that can get to S rank (and even if I was using one, chances are they wouldn't get to S rank before the game's over). 

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

While I was initially apprehensive about Conquest not having the traditional Arena like it used to in the past games, I was actually pleasantly surprised that in-chapter grinding in that game is not so much of an issue. In Binding Blade, at least, it was tricky to get level ups for...just about everyone - the extent varies, but yes, this includes even better-than-average units like Sue, Rutger, or Milady. That and we have lost causes like Wendy and Sophia. Fates' mechanics on the other hand, made it so much better for Mozu to level up, because you have Attack Stancing, and also debuffing units like Felicia. And perhaps due to skills, or due to better stat balancings, I had zero misses on units I used - everyone was able to contribute in some way. It's something that a possible Binding Blade remake can do with. Very ironically, I used the Arena to grind on Binding Blade (and this was in Normal Mode), while it looks like I may not need to in Fates.

While I don't really mind grinding per se, some of the related features/mechanics should be reworked. Maybe less underlevelled units (unlike Revelations) would be a start in relying less on grinding. In addition, for online battles, I think there should be another optional restriction in the battle format: whether to allow boosts from Eternal Seals or skills from reclassing, or to restrict to Skills in default class(es) and default level caps. (Similar to what official Pokémon PvP setting has - all participating Lv51+ Pokémon are scaled down to Lv 50, and no legendaries or event Pokémon.) This would allow those sticking to the default to have a chance in PvP battles, without having to grind.

Edited by henrymidfields