All-Girls Runs

bethany81707

So, I've done a challenge run of Sacred Stones where I've only used the female characters, and have done some theory for Blazing Blade (haven't started yet, largely due to lack of an open file I'm willing to work on at the moment). While I haven't got any other Fire Emblems nor the real ability to play them, I'd like to hear: what sort of challenges do you reckon would be in the other games?

Genealogy and the 3DS games might have interesting interactions with that 'not using boys' in regards to marriage, but I suppose that's something to think about.

I'm pretty sure doing girls only in Genealogy would cause you to be pretty much boned in 2nd gen, since all you'd be using are replacement units and Julia.

It'd also make early game pretty interesting since it would mean that you'd have to solo the Prologue and the first half of Chapter 1 with Ethlyn who, while capable of combat, is still pretty squishy.

I sort of did one of these in Revelation. It certainly was pretty interesting as the female characters in Fates are stronger than the male characters on average, but lack the bulk and accuracy the males have on average. I sort of cheated by breeding some of the characters in order to reap some lady-children with good stats to balance out the team (Matoi/Caeldori, with Rinkah as her mother, does pretty well as an Oni/Shura). Fighting Hydra/Anakos without the royal brothers is a bit annoying as not many female characters have access to good ranged weapons; this leads to the fight taking much longer than usual.

4 hours ago, The Geek said:

I'm pretty sure doing girls only in Genealogy would cause you to be pretty much boned in 2nd gen, since all you'd be using are replacement units and Julia.

It'd also make early game pretty interesting since it would mean that you'd have to solo the Prologue and the first half of Chapter 1 with Ethlyn who, while capable of combat, is still pretty squishy.

Generally you're allowed to use your Lord for obvious reasons.

- Shadow Dragon is more than doable, thanks to Tiki's DIvinestone, Caeda's Wing Spear, and the general lunacy that is Starsphere/Lightsphere.

- New Mystery, on the other hand, requires the use of Marth/a thief, or the game ends prematurely (chest in Chapter 6, and the Thief staff is unavailable).

I've done one in Sacred Stones, which is a relatively well-suited game for it because you get a full balanced team in reasonably short order. You don't get a thief (though Marisa can use lockpicks as an assassin) and you don't get to use Seth but otherwise you're good.

Fates should absolutely be reasonable to do on any route. Path of Radiance as well, since Titania can carry the team until you get others (barring a couple turns of C2 where you'll need to turtle with the boys).

I think a lot of the others would require some bending of the rules. In FE7 you have a segment with just Rebecca which is likely not possible. In FE6, with Shanna/Ellen (ignoring Chapter 1), which isn't much better. In Radiant Dawn, similar problems with powerful enemies against squishy Micaiah early, and that time limit in Chapter 1 + running out of Light is a concern. etc.

Yeah, FE8 was pretty fun, especially with how good my pegasus knights tend to do.

Path of Radiance with a female pre-promote just sounds really helpful, even if the later character take a while. And Rebecca's Iron Bow felt like a big problem to me, too, though Micaiah's Light Tome (plus Thani, if you're willing to bend the rules and open that chest) lasting until Chapter 4 sounds really bad.

I'll probably get to compiling lists of some of the title's female casts, trying to add notes on what some characters mean.

Binding Blade:

Spoiler

2. Shanna (Chapter 1 must be played with boys)
2. Ellen
4. Clarine
5. Dorothy
5. Sue (Welcome to the team, Dorothy)
8. Lilina
8. Wendy (Because underleveled tanks at the cornerstone of an All-Girl run. Clearly.)
9. Fir
11A. Lalum
11A/10B. Thite
11A. Echidna (Don't do Western Isles B route.)
12. Cath (Oh, there's the thief!)
13. Melady
14. Cecilia
14. Sophia (Have fun in chapter 14!)
15. Igrene (I'm still really questioning Dorothy's endgame chances.)
16. Fae (Use her well)
19A/20B: Niime
20A: Juno (You have two pegs to one nomad. You should probably do Ilia)

Blazing Blade:

Spoiler

Lyn's Story:

P. Lyn
3. Florina
5. Serra (And really, who else do you need?)

Eliwood/Hector's Story:

11/12: Rebecca (Worse prospects than Shanna...)
13/12: Serra
14: Priscilla
15/16: Lyn
15/16: Florina (if you can get here, you're golden)
18/19: Fiora
20/21: Ninian (does using Nils break the rule?)
21/22: Isadora
--/25: Farina (Probably worth it)
24/26: Louise
26/28: Nino
27/29: Vaida
--/31x: Karla (Bartre will be fun!)

Sacred Stones:

Spoiler

P: Eirika
2: Vanessa
3: Neimi
4: Lute
5: Natasha (first time in Veteran the first healer isn't a girl)
9: Tana
9: Amelia
10A/13B: Tethys
10A/12B: Marisa (...just do Eirika route. You get Eirika as the Lord anyway...)
11: L'Arachel
16: Myrrh
17: Syrene

Path of Radiance:

Spoiler

1: Titania (goodbye, early-game difficulty!)
7. Mia (...good thing, too)
8. Ilyana (...really good thing)
9. Mist
9. Marcia
10: Lethe
11: Nephenee
12: Jill
13: Astrid
18: Tanith
20: Calill
24: Lucia
26: Elincia (don't kill off Bastian and Geoffrey!)
28: Ena (but not Nasir. Don't worry about the Black Knight fight- save that for Ashnard!)

Radiant Dawn:

Spoiler

1-P: Micaiah
1-2: Laura
1-3: Ilyana (the Dawn Brigade needs you...)
1-4: Meg
1-6: Jill
1-7: Fiona
1-7: Vika (You, too)
1-8: Nailah
2-P: Elincia
2-P: Marcia
2-P: Leanne
2-1: Nephenee
2-1: Heather
2-2: Lucia
2-2: Lethe
2-3: Astrid
2-E: Calill
3: Titania
3: Mist
3: Mia (Does this team really need Ilyana?)
3-4: Lyre
3-11: Sigrun
3-11: Tanith

You split here. Not a lot of choice...

4-P: Sanaki
4-E: Ena

Well, there's a few. I'm not really in a position to keep a good enough eye on a resource for the Kaga and 3DS games. A more thorough dissection might show some fun chapters with the characters allowed.

Edited by phineas81707

I've never done any myself, but let's theory the Kaga games.

FE1/11

Spoiler

Oh, this is gonna be fun. You'll have exactly one combat unit until Chapter 10. Enjoy your Sheeda solo. FE11 exclusive people and notes are in italics.

1: Sheeda carries the game... because she's soloing half of it.
1: Playing FE11 on normal? Sacrifice a bunch of chumps to get a chumpy archer. Yay.
3: At least Rena can heal us now.
6x: For those opting to play the remake and choosing to sacrifice those useless men, you get Athena here.
10: FINALLY ANOTHER COMBAT UNIT GET ON THE TEAM MINERVA
10: I guess Maria's here as well.
11: Linda arrives ready to zap things with Aura.
12: Hi Midia. You're here.
14: Paola shows up, and I guess she's alright.
14: As does her sister. Katua's fine too.
18: Hi Est, that fancy Miracle Sword you have is kinda useless since only Marth can use it. Or perhaps you killed all those men and you can let Athena go nuts now.
19: Hope you dragged Marth to old man Banutu's house, because you get Chiki the final boss slayer here. Also about time you gave me an Elysian Whip and Guiding Ring, game.
24: Ellis, it's too late. The game's pretty much over. Take Gato's Fortify and spam it.
24x: Marth doesn't like Banutu, so one of his army of ladies ended up slaying Chiki instead. And then Linda forgot how Starlight worked and Garnef ran off with the Falchion. Or maybe you got everything but that little dragon stole Marth's sword and got herself killed. At least Ellis is useful now. ...That was a long winded way of saying "you get Nagi."

FE2

Spoiler

We're gonna split this by route.

Alm's Route
Starting army is entirely male, so play normally until the Thief Shrine is cleared.
Thief Shrine: Yay, we get a healer! ...Who also has to fight! With a really inaccurate spell! Thanks Silk, can't you hit something with that Nosferatu?
South Fort: A combat unit with a not-fixed accuracy spell! Alas, Claire isn't known for soloing horde of units unpromoted.
Dozer's Fort: Matilda can pull her weight well. But can you even make it there?
Floodgate: If you can manage to not kill her, you'll be able to get Dyute to zap things now.
Nuibaba's Manor: After a long, painful slog, you can get Teeta to join you.

I very highly doubt this is doable without grinding. With grinding, you can go nuts with Falcoknight Claire murdering monsters and Dyute throwing Ragnaroks everywhere, but without it, I don't think it's possible.

Celica's Route
The starting army has females in it, the lord is a girl, for goodness sake.
Cloister: Let's go! Celica's the main character, and she shouldn't be in much trouble during Boat Emblem.
": You also get Jenny for healing, physicing, illusioning, etc. 
": May's also around to be a combat unit. ...And that's all you have during Boat Emblem! At least Celica's competent.
Sofia Port: Remember the Pegasus sisters of FE1? Well they're back. And they're really really good. Paola helps carry the game.
": As does Katua. She also has the Angel Ring, so rake in the +2s!
Geyse's Fort: Est is here too. She isn't even that bad anymore.
": You get Sonia here as well if you chose correctly. Dean is a man so it's not exactly a contest...

A much easier trip. If in doubt, triangle attack it.

...You know, Doma isn't dying without Alm stabbing him. Welp. Do you really think you can get Silk to zap him with those fixed-hit Resires?

FE3

Spoiler

I'd probably forget someone if I covered FE12, so I won't. Book 1 is the FE1 chart, so let's do Book 2. It's an easier task then FE1, since the girls mainly show up in earlygame.

1: Cecil solos... one single horde of bandits. Marth can even talk Lawrence out of a fight! Afterwards she's a cavalier and that's a good thing.
1: Malliesia heals things. And opens chests for good measure. Don't forget about Hammerne.
2: Katua shows up early and she goes nuts.
3: Then Paola appears next chapter and carries the game.
3: Linda also shows up early on and makes herself useful.
4: Yumina can rescue things. And act as backup healer.
5: Hello Sheeda. Unfortunately, she isn't as great here. Still, she shouldn't get benched here.
7: Feena arrives! Now we can move again!
9: Minerva isn't really as important this time around, but it doesn't hurt to have her.
14: Chiki's back. And you don't need Banutu this time. Don't forget the starshards! Also Warp and Again get.
15: Yay, it's Est... At least there's still room for you.
17: And now we get Sheema in all her usefulness. Which is not a lot.
20: Hello Midia, you're still here... Assuming you don't get killed because we were too slow.
F: Nina is dragon food. Ellis is dragon food. Rena is dragon food. You can save Maria, though!

FE4

Spoiler

Generation split is in effect. The prologue might be the hardest in the game... but it's probably gonna be Ch2. It's always Ch2. 

First Generation

P-1: Hello Ethlin, you're gonna have to solo this first chapter. Have fun killing those bosses.
1-1: Aideen does the healing thing. So long as she doesn't get eaten by bandits.
1-2: Perhaps you needed to sacrifice Alec to her, but Aira will make life easier.
1-3: Deirdre, silence Sandima. Nice knowing you after 3-1.
2-1: Can you save Lachesis? Better get moving. If you can, then let's get ready for master knight hype.
2-2: We get Sylvia! And she's got the whole four-way dancing thing going on! Problem is she's kinda out of the way.
2-3: Fury's your only flier, so she's automatically useful for that.
3-3: Hi Briggid, fire some arrows into these annoying things.
3-3: Tiltyu, meet bench. Go hang around that Azel chump, he's not even that manly a man.
5-4: Alvis's Barhara Barbeque! Everyone died, the end. Well, the girls tended to die in timeskip, but meh. Onwards!

Second Generation

6-1: Instead of a long boring Ethlin solo, we get Lakche demolishing 6-1. Harold never knew what was coming. Neither did the rest of the game, they were too used to her being benched.
6-1: Sometimes the RNG hates you so you get hit. No worries, just let Lana heal you.
6-2: Hello final boss nuke! At least Julia has a decent amount of availability.
6-2: Fee's got flight, so get on the team.
7-1: Isn't it nice to be able to steal things? Well now you can. If only Patty was competent at combat.
7-1: I hope you don't mind cheesing Lenster, because you aren't doing it legit with just Nanna. At least she can use a return ring to not die.
7-4: Dancing returns! Leen isn't much different from Sylvia, but dancing is dancing.
7-4: At least you showed up earlier, Tinny. I guess you have magic damage?
9-3: It's been a while since we had holy weapon goodness. Go nuts and let Altenna slay things with the Gae Bolg.

I don't know enough about Thracia to comment on that, and 6-10 have already been done.