Is Lucilus suppose to be female?

Harvey

I heard a lot of rumors that in Japan, there can be female monks so that's the reason why you can see Ellen in Binding Blade.

However Lucilus was changed to male in the western release because again, according to some of the information that was spread around, you don't see female monks so they changed him into a male. Is this true?

1 minute ago, Harvey said:

I heard a lot of rumors that in Japan, there can be female monks so that's the reason why you can see Ellen in Binding Blade.

However Lucilus was changed to male in the western release because again, according to some of the information that was spread around, you don't see female monks so they changed him into a male. Is this true?

This is 100% untrue. Lucius was male in the Japanese version. I'm not quite sure what Elen has to do with anything; she promotes to Bishop, just like Saul, Serra and Lucius, and Clerics promoting to Bishop has been a thing since all the way back in FE1.

28 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Ellen's a Cleric (or Sister) in FE6, not a Monk.  Lucius is a guy, and being a guy who looks like a girl is his thing.

Nah Lucius was not supposed to be a female.

It's just that Lucius is one of the many, many unfortunate male characters that were created for the purpose of a dumbass joke (we could also say running ''gag'' at this point) in Japan. Apparently, having a male character that looks like a female is funny is Japan, don't ask me why tho.

If you want more Fire Emblem examples, you can look at Libra or Forrest.

Edited by Nym

1 minute ago, Nym said:

Nah Lucius was not supposed to be a female.

It's just that Lucius is one of the many, many unfortunate male characters that were created for the purpose of a dumbass joke (we could also say running ''gag'' at this point) in Japan. Apparently, having a male character that looks like a female is funny is Japan, don't ask me why tho.

If you want more Fire Emblem examples, you can look at Libra or Forrest.

Maybe that could explain why half the Eeveelutions look female, but only have a 1 in 8 chance of actually being female.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe that could explain why half the Eeveelutions look female, but only have a 1 in 8 chance of actually being female.

Nah, being a starter for one game will cost you your 50/50 gender ratio

Edited by Nym

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2017 at 8:33 PM, Harvey said:

However Lucius was changed to male in the western release because again, according to some of the information that was spread around, you don't see female monks so they changed him into a male. Is this true?

As many others have said, no, it's not. He was always a guy.

On 2/10/2017 at 9:34 PM, Rezzy said:

Pretty sure this is just a game balance thing, to make it less likely that you'll get an Eevee who can breed with non-Ditto Pokémon and therefore be used in the passing down of egg moves. Same rationale as for starters, and other rare/event Pokémon, like Riolu and Zorua.

Edited by Topaz Light

25 minutes ago, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

I have to admit I gave Midir female pronouns when I saw him the first time.

Also if Lucius wasn't insulted enough by questioning his gender, he's also spelt wrong all the times. It's not Lucilus, but Lucius. Saw this misspelling in an other thread too.

I...actually kind of like Lucilus better as a name for that guy. Sounds prettier and more graceful. Might just headcanon that as his name from now on. Lol.