Nat5 vs grinded 5*

DgtlRenegade

Just now, DgtlRenegade said:

So why is everyone rerolling for 5*s if you can just make a 3/4* rare hero a 5*?

I would assume it's because that takes a lot of feathers, and starting with a 5* would make things easier on them.

10 minutes ago, DgtlRenegade said:

So why is everyone rerolling for 5*s if you can just make a 3/4* rare hero a 5*?

Lots of reasons.  Some people's favorite characters are 5*.  Some think that it's a good starting point.  Some don't want to spend feathers.  The game is plenty playable with 4* units, and thanks to the influx of feathers, 3* units can be promoted easily.

13 minutes ago, DgtlRenegade said:

There's also that certain characters are only available as 5* units currently, such as Lyn and Takumi.

Edited by Roflolxp54

18 minutes ago, DgtlRenegade said:

Because that takes forfuckingever and the levels are reset when you're upgrading rarirty so you're kinda wasting your time to get what you want

It's somewhat remedied a bit by the quests giving feathers as without those, it could take 5-7 weeks to upgrade from 4* to 5*. They really want you spend money on this game..

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

7 hours ago, Florete said:

See here for an explanation on stat variations.

Is the Max and Min Stat always +/- 3 at max level for a given bane/boon, or does that page mean it could be anywhere between +/-3?

I think my Robin got -Atk +Res, which kinda sucks for taking out Takumi.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is the Max and Min Stat always +/- 3 at max level for a given bane/boon, or does that page mean it could be anywhere between +/-3?

I think my Robin got -Atk +Res, which kinda sucks for taking out Takumi.

There are exceptions, but most of the time it's +/-3.

Small thing of note that hasn't been brought up: grinding SP on a pulled 5* is more tedious than getting level ups as a 4* which makes a difference if a character has very expensive skills (looking at you Lucina).

1 minute ago, pianime94 said:

It's because Lucina has Aether, lol (which costs 500 SP, I presume).

6 minutes ago, Locked Apple said:

Small thing of note that hasn't been brought up: grinding SP on a pulled 5* is more tedious than getting level ups as a 4* which makes a difference if a character has very expensive skills (looking at you Lucina).

Trust me when I say Aether is not worth it on Lucina. Luna is a much better skill because of the short cooldown. You almost never, unless she's your main attacker and paired with a dancer maybe, get to use her skill. And if she does, she only needs one more action to do two Luna's instead of one Aether.

2 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Trust me when I say Aether is not worth it on Lucina. Luna is a much better skill because of the short cooldown. You almost never, unless she's your main attacker and paired with a dancer maybe, get to use her skill. And if she does, she only needs one more action to do two Luna's instead of one Aether.

Oh, I know that. I just want all of the skills unlocked. If I wanted a tank I'll use one of my dragons. It still stands that it separates the two rarities. Too bad we can't see skill costs ahead of time within the app itself.

So funny story...I was resetting trying to get a 5* Robin when I got 5* Linde.  Since Linde is one of the most OP units in the game (one hitting things left and right and heals), I decided to just play the game and get a 3* Robin.  Then my first Robin happen to be a 5* xD.

Now I'm going to save all my orbs for Ephraim