Should I ditch/bench Subaki?

Anacybele

I don't mean just get rid of him... I like Subaki, so I don't actually want to do that. But he doesn't really seem worth using much. He's probably my fastest character by a good margin if I upgrade him to four stars and level him back to 20+ and for a Peg knight he's a friggin tank, but his attack is so low. In fact, it's almost his LOWEST stat. His res is the lowest.

I gave him his Sapphire Lance, and while it increases damage when he has weapon advantage, it decreases the damage when he's at a weapon disadvantage, making him only effective against red units.

Yeah, I like him, but I'm thinking he's pretty mediocre.

Haven't used Subaki myself despite having like 4 of him, but fliers in general are rather meh in this game. They can ignore terrain, but having the same move as footies hurts as does their bow weakness since they effectively fear two color types because of it. So I say bench him, but feed him crystal levels if you want him to be good for your mess around team, God knows that's what I'm doing for Adult Tiki

I benched him because of poor damage. In higher difficulties, mine do 0 damage so... Is hard for him to keep around with others (specially when my same level Shanna has a higher str). But maybe don't ditch him? His hight Def and poor Str can be usefull for training weaker units! He can weak the enemies and let the low level units to finish the enemies for some exp!

I would probably bench him. Pegasus Knights aren't that good in this game yet, and I would say of the ones available most of them will outclass Subaki. You're better off spending your time training someone else.

24 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Immediately benched, because of his mediocre performance in Fates, but maybe I'll give him a try later. What skills does he have ? If he has a skill that works with his sapphire lance, like Swordbreaker or Triangle Adept, he may be worth using. Maybe. Eliwood has that too, but mine really sucked.

Surprisingly my Subaki (twice --- rev & birthright) is really good. Then ... Hinoka comes... and Hinoka has godly growth. It made Subaki good growth looks meh. But really he's not bad.

Bench ... But train him on the side. I like Subaki though. I dont have him.. I am only training his 1* // 2* unit and he seems perfect for his own star rating.

11 hours ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

What skills does he have ? If he has a skill that works with his sapphire lance, like Swordbreaker or Triangle Adept, he may be worth using. Maybe.

Swap, Res +1/+2/+3, Quick Riposte (auto-double when attacked at 90+%/80+%/70+% HP) are his skills.