Lets try to predict the set up of future heroes

TheNiddo

@Alpha Wolves I put the Ranged Counter attack on the sword itself. Savage Blows was on top of that through passives. Anacybele was arguing for 1-2 range on offence and defence.

As for skills being restricted to particular classes only... I'd say we don't have enough data to know for sure if that's going to be a repeated pattern or just kinda "wave 1 we do this" and then it changes with wave 2 of units.  If Acrobat pops up as a skill it would be on Tormod first I think. Seeing as it was his skill and all. Sothe had the "protect the person next to you" skill in FE10 which I was trying to build off of.

@TheNiddo Actually, while it has the misleading name of defender, it was more about buffing the units they were pared with. (I'm tempted to just say "+1 to Atk/Spd/Def/Res to adjacent allies" instead of the normal buff spell, but he'ed most likely get Defense. I can see him getting Swap as a Command though, just would hate to see a good rogue get bogged down with support abilities, lol. Probably going to go watch the Radiance games right now, cuz my cousins kind of sold my copies when she moved into my house, cuz "You never play this game anyway". (I'm still pissed off at them).

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

We're gonna get three Ikes! Don't forget the special costume he won. :3

But Greil appearing as a Great Hero battle would be interesting indeed.

THREE IKES!? THREE!?
I thought they were just gonna do a "regular" one based on Radiant Dawn Ike, and a "special" one based on Path of Radiance Ike since that's the Ike that won the poll. How are they gonna differentiate between three Ikes with Ragnell?

Although, now I want to try my hand at making a Greil (probably not that good, to be honest)...

Spoiler

Greil | Mercenary Leader [Available at 2/3 Stars via Great Hero Battle]

- Movement Type: Infantry (2 Movement) | Green Unit (Axes)
- 5☆ Level 40 Stats: (HP: Good / ATK: Great / SPD: Lowish / DEF: Great / RES: Good)

- 1☆ Weapon: Iron Axe (Mt: 6 / Rng: 1) - No extra effect.
- 2☆ Weapon: Steel Axe (Mt: 8 / Rng: 1) - No extra effect.
- 3☆ Weapon: Silver Axe (Mt: 11 / Rng: 1) - No extra effect.
- 5☆ Weapon: Urvan (Mt: 16 / Rng: 1) - Grants Resistance +4.

- 3☆ (Shove): Pushes an ally 1 space forward.

- 1☆ Skill (1): Wings of Mercy 1 - Lets this unit warp to allies with < 30% HP.
- 2☆ Skill (1): Wings of Mercy 2 - Lets this unit warp to allies with < 40% HP.
- 4☆ Skill (1): Wings of Mercy 3 - Lets this unit warp to allies with < 50% HP.
- 3☆ Skill (2): Threaten ATK 1 - Inflicts ATK -3 on enemies within 2 spaces of Greil at the start of the turn.
- 4☆ Skill (2): Threaten ATK 2 - Inflicts ATK -4 on enemies within 2 spaces of Greil at the start of the turn.
- 5☆ Skill (2): Threaten ATK 3 - Inflicts ATK -5 on enemies within 2 spaces of Greil at the start of the turn.

Greil is designed as a supportive axefighter. He has Wings of Mercy to let him move directly to injured allies, Shove to push allies out of harm's way (or push them close enough to go after enemies they otherwise couldn't reach), and Threaten ATK to lower enemy Attack. Stat-wise, he has somewhat high ATK and DEF, and decent HP and RES (the latter of which is bolstered by Urvan), but his SPD is low. Greil can take hits for his allies, especially after Threaten ATK weakens his foes, and he can dish out damage pretty well... he just has trouble with enemies doubling him, and he might have trouble with magic attackers before he gets Urvan.

Also, here's an Ashnard, because he'd be a neat Great Hero Battle too if that ends up just being villains (and continuing to be a nonindicative name).

Spoiler

Ashnard | The Mad King [Available at 2/3 Stars via Great Hero Battle]

- Movement Type: Flying (2 Movement) | Red Unit (Sword)
- 5☆ Level 40 Stats: (HP: Great / ATK: High / SPD: Okay / DEF: Great / RES: Okay)

- 1☆ Weapon: Iron Sword (Mt: 6 / Rng: 1) - No extra effect.
- 2☆ Weapon: Steel Sword (Mt: 8 / Rng: 1) - No extra effect.
- 3☆ Weapon: Silver Sword (Mt: 11 / Rng: 1) - No extra effect.
- 5☆ Weapon: Gurgurant (Mt: 16 / Rng: 1) - Special Cooldown -1

- 3☆ (Night Sky): 4 Turn Cooldown - Grants +50% to damage dealt.
- 4☆ (Glimmer): 3 Turn Cooldown - Grants +50% to damage dealt.

- 1☆ Skill (1): Fury 1 - Grants ATK/SPD/DEF/RES +1. Ashnard takes 2 damage after any combat.
- 2☆ Skill (1): Fury 2 - Grants ATK/SPD/DEF/RES +2. Ashnard takes 4 damage after any combat.
- 4☆ Skill (1): Fury 3 - Grants ATK/SPD/DEF/RES +3. Ashnard takes 6 damage after any combat.
- 3☆ Skill (2): Life and Death 1 - Grants ATK/SPD +3, DEF/RES -3.
- 4☆ Skill (2): Life and Death 2 - Grants ATK/SPD +4, DEF/RES -4.
- 5☆ Skill (2): Life and Death 3 - Grants ATK/SPD +5, DEF/RES -5.

He's designed to be extremely powerful, with high Attack bolstered further by Fury and Life and Death (a total of +8),  good Defense (which takes a -2 hit, but should still be pretty good), and somewhat high HP (which he'll need, given that he takes 2-6 damage after every combat), and has Night Sky and Glimmer to really smash through enemies, but is burdened by crappy Resistance (which takes a -2 hit when fully upgraded with all skills, which isn't good), low Speed (which gets +8 when fully upgraded, which might make him salvageable speed-wise), a weakness to Archers (which maybe wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the next thing), and the fact that he deals quite a bit of self-damage (losing 2-6 HP after every combat). He's a kind of mix between a flying tank (if you don't grab Life and Death) and a glass cannon (if you do grab Life and Death), and can probably work fairly well in either role.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Canas (4/5-Star, Red Tome user)

Stats: ATK: Great, SPD: Bad, DEF: Meh, RES: Great

Weapon: Gespenst (Might 16)

Special: Luna (Resolve combat as if enemy had 50% less defense/resistance)

Passive 1: Spur Resistance (Grants adjacent allies +2/3/4 resistance at the start of your turn)

Passive 2: Hone Attack (Grants adjacent allies +2/3/4 attack at the start of your turn)

Acts as a RES and ATK buffer that can also hit pretty hard, but he is pretty slow, so teaming him up with a unit with Spur/Rally speed might not be a bad idea. Had to give him Luna as a skill. If you played FE7 you'll know why I gave that to him.

Edited by Canas

Spoiler

Kurthnaga - Prince of Dragons (4/5 Star)

- Movement Type: Infantry (2 Movement) | Blue Unit (Dragon)
- 5☆ Level 40 Stats: (HP: 42 / ATK: 39 / SPD: 34 / DEF: 32 / RES: 30) 177

- 1☆ Weapon: Fire Breath (Mt: 6 / Rng: 1) - N/A
- 2☆ Weapon: Fire Breath+ (Mt: 8 / Rng: X) - N/A
- 3☆ Weapon: Dark Breath (Mt: 9 / Rng: 1) - After this unit attacks, foes within 2 spaces of target suffer Atk/Spd-5 through their next actions.
- 5☆ Weapon: Dark Breath+ (Mt: 13 / Rng: 1) - After this unit attacks, foes within 2 spaces of target suffer Atk/Spd-5 through their next actions.

- 3☆ (Holy Vestments): Reduces damage inflicted by attacks from foes 2 spaces away by 30%. (3 Turns)
- 4☆ (Sacred Cowl): Reduces damage inflicted by attacks from foes 2 spaces away by 30% (2 Turns)

- 3☆ Skill (2): Spur Def 1 - Grants adjacent allies +2 Def during combat
- 4☆ Skill (2): Spur Def 2 - Grants adjacent allies +3 Def during combat
- 5☆ Skill (2): Ward Dragons - Grants dragon allies within 2 spaces Def/Res +4 during combat

This is how I see Kurthnaga working out. His passive from FE10 ends up reworked into a dragon specific buff to reflect his role as the Dragon Laguz leader. Due to being young still he's not a powerhouse by any definition of the word, but he can stand in almost any gap and be a problem for anyone not using a Falchion to take on. Borderline auto-include for any team running another dragon, still pretty good if the only dragon on a team.

I'm not good with balance/skills enough to come up with a full set for Ayra, but I see her getting Brave Sword and Astra, since she kinda started that thing. The question is, how to make her unique and not outclassed by the other Astra-capable foot-swords like Lyn and Ryoma (especially Lyn, since Ryoma has a defensive niche with his counters that doesn't quite suit Ayra's character and stat line). Potentially an implementation of adept/continue as well to really capitalize on Ayra's thing of hitting people a billion times?