Julia any good? New Hero?

Rizkroh

Eirika, Ephraim, Seliph and Julia are all the new characters added less than an hour ago. No one knows anything about how good they are yet. You should be able to check Julia's available skills yourself.

I'm not sure about her stats, they all look pretty low except for Attack, at least right now. That being said, she looks fairly viable.

Book of Naga is super effective against Dragons, gives +2 Def and Res when being attacked, and has 14 Might. Pretty damn impressive. She also can get Dragon Fang, which makes her offense go through the roof.

Her Passives are Res+3 (eh) and Young Tiki/Felicia's healing skill (heals adjacent allies after attacking), which is pretty damn good.

Attack:

Naga- Mt 14 Rng 2 Eff: red,blue,green. Effective against dragons. Grants def/res +2 when unit is attacked.

Dragon gaze, dragon fang

Resistance +1, res +2, res +3

Breath of life 1, 2, 3. If unit initiates attack, adjacent allies recover 3, 5, 7 hp after combat

She has mediocre speed (~30), but solid attack (~50) and res (~30), making her a good counter to blue magic users and dragons (due to her naga tome). So if you have a squad w/o any good way to deal w/ either of those things, putting her in there might be a good choice.

Edited by ZXApocrypha

11 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Do you happen to have recorded her level 1 stats? I pulled a Julia myself this morning and I wanted to figure out her boon/bane

Someone created a thread where we can post are level one stats. I posted my Julia's stats there

20 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Do you happen to have recorded her level 1 stats? I pulled a Julia myself this morning and I wanted to figure out her boon/bane

Figuring out boon and bane are near impossible at lvl 1 youll need to lvl her to 40 to know her boon and bane according to ice dragons stats

8 minutes ago, phokingbeast said:

Someone created a thread where we can post are level one stats. I posted my Julia's stats there

I saw that after I asked haha. Thanks though! From the limited sample size, I think my Julia is +Spd, -Def which I'm happy with. Her def was always going to be her weakest stat anyways, so I was hoping for +Atk or +Spd to go glass cannon.

4 minutes ago, Shiro said:

Figuring out boon and bane are near impossible at lvl 1 youll need to lvl her to 40 to know her boon and bane according to ice dragons stats

Oh is that so? I was always under the impression you could tell from the variation in level 1 stats :/

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh is that so? I was always under the impression you could tell from the variation in level 1 stats :/

Nope according to ice dragons stats it wasnt like that since it lvling up is random he apparently had 3 of same unit with same stats and they came out differently at lvl 40

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

well, that's correct as far as I know, and hasn't been proven wrong thus far in personal experience.

you can find julia min/max stats on this page: http://feheroes.wiki/Julia

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Based on the lvl 1 stats, you can indeed predict the lvl 40 stats.

1 hour ago, Shiro said:

Nope according to ice dragons stats it wasnt like that since it lvling up is random he apparently had 3 of same unit with same stats and they came out differently at lvl 40

I believe what he said was that level-ups are not linear and that there's no 'easily discernable' pattern to them. The boons/banes that show at lvl.1 still hold true at lvl.40 though. (the different stats in his research were at lvl.20)

well, that's correct as far as I know, and hasn't been proven wrong thus far in personal experience.

you can find julia min/max stats on this page: http://feheroes.wiki/Julia

Quick note, the stats you see there don't have to averages/neutral. Seeing they only have two stats on resistance available for her, I'm guessing only two people have sent in their stats for their Julia's. (Meaning, some stats could be High or Low, instead of Neutral)

Edited by Birdy

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

Based on the lvl 1 stats, you can indeed predict the lvl 40 stats.

I believe what he said was that level-ups are not linear and that there's no 'easily discernable' pattern to them. The boons/banes that show at lvl.1 still hold true at lvl.40 though. (the different stats in his research were at lvl.20)

Quick note, the stats you see there don't have to averages/neutral. Seeing they only have two stats on resistance available for her, I'm guessing only two people have sent in their stats for their Julia's. (Meaning, some stats could be High or Low, instead of Neutral)

yeah ur right about the lvl 40 stats. i was showing MaskedAmpharos the max/neut/min for the stats at level 1 since that's what they were asking about.

guess i should be clearer and use the terms "boon" and "bane" lol

Edited by ZXApocrypha

6 hours ago, Shiro said:

Which stat is positive and which stat is negative can be determined with no ambiguity at level 1 and level 40 for all characters.

Due to how erratic level up gains are, it's not always possible to tell at intermediate levels (for example, my neutral Speed and positive Speed Faes had the same Speed value at level 20).