Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

After a bunch of frustrating losses with my Xander/Camus/Anna/Hector team, I decided to bring in Cecilia over Anna for the last three battles of my chains, giving up a few points in exchange for more reliability, and it worked. Got 4,822 points and a rank of 2,300 out of 4,006 to move up to Tier 20, so I think I'm finally going to make it.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tier 19 score of 4842 (no deaths; no surrenders; 690, 690, 692, 690, 692, 694, 694; Nowi +2, Athena, Eirika 5*, Nino +4):

• Jun 27 1:00PM PT - #647 (/3337 to Tier 20)
  • Jun 28 4:25PM PT - #1182 (/3938 to Tier 20)
  • Jun 29 3:00PM PT - #1622 (/4012 to Tier 20)

Hey, look, it's my old friend, bleed-out. Losing 500 per day with no threshold increase should still get me back into Tier 20, though. Up to 15 defense wins. Not much else to say other than that the crap streak got wrecked by Horse Emblem (double blade plus Dire Rein) in the sewers largely thanks to G Tomebreaker Cecilia. Nothing of value was lost other than slightly faster Arena quest progress that I'm going to have way over-killed thanks to the flag quests, anyway, though.

I'm suffering without Reinhardt. I got my deathless run, but since then, I've lost several times. I think I've grown so used to throwing Reinhardt at all my problems that now I've challenged myself to be without him, it's hard to adjust back to the way things were...

I got lazy. I could have gunned for 5,180 again, but 鏡mochi's team dropped from 740 points to 738 halfway through the run, and I ended up spending a bit more than 50 orbs hunting for わぁい's team before I gave up and just settled for lower scores on my last 3 matches. Ugh. That's 50 orbs I could have saved to expand my barracks when update 1.5 hits.

Tier 20

Score: 5,174 (deathless, 728-740)
Defense: 598 (9)

Offense team:

+10 Hinoka [+Atk, -HP] (Brave Lance+, Blazing Wind, Life and Death 3, Hone Fliers)
+10 Tiki (Mystery) [+Spd, -HP] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Escape Route 3, Fortify Dragons, S HP +3)
+10 Fae [+Atk, -Def] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons)

i've been getting sloppy with my runs so i only have a 4,525 score, but i have 7 defense wins which is like more defense wins than i've accumulated in the past 2 months total...it's just the same team i use on offense. M!Corrin, Camus, Julia, and Kagerou makin' it work both ways.

4,822 points is now rank 2,789 in Tier 19, out of 4,062 to advance. Hoping I can either hold on with this for the next three days or get a better run soon.

Edited by Othin

16 hours ago, ignis_z said:

I  got 4828 in tier 19, enough for 20? 2253 is my rank, and the cuttoff is 4039.  omg i put useless skills on all my chars for win more bst.

Hey! We've got the same score in tier 19! I'm just reporting back about 10 hours after I got said score, so my rank has dropped to 2485/4061. 

This SP weekend special is EXACTLY what I needed. I wanted to finish grinding to max out my team's skills. It really helped because my average advanced battle scores went from an average of 684-688 to 688-696. Although, I also faced my first majorly OP flier team. Spring Camilla+4, Palla+9, Hinoka, and some other flier...I forget. XD But they managed to take out two of my characters even though I beat them. On top of it all, I got another 4 defense wins while I wasn't looking. 

Current Team:
Hector (+DEF -RES) - Armads, Swap, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Armor, ATK+1

Reinhardt+1 (+ATK -SPD) - Dire Thunder, Reposition, Moonbow, Deathblow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Goad Cavalry, Quickened Pulse 1

Xander (Neutral) - Siegfried, Swap, Bonfire, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Fortify Cavalry, HP+3

Camus (Neutral) - Gradivus, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Goad Cavalry, SPD+1

Offense Score: 4828 (Likely to advance to tier 20)
Defense Score: 582
Defense Wins: 12

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Hey! We've got the same score in tier 19! I'm just reporting back about 10 hours after I got said score, so my rank has dropped to 2485/4061. 

This SP weekend special is EXACTLY what I needed. I wanted to finish grinding to max out my team's skills. It really helped because my average advanced battle scores went from an average of 684-688 to 688-696. Although, I also faced my first majorly OP flier team. Spring Camilla+4, Palla+9, Hinoka, and some other flier...I forget. XD But they managed to take out two of my characters even though I beat them. On top of it all, I got another 4 defense wins while I wasn't looking. 

Current Team:
Hector (+DEF -RES) - Armads, Swap, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Armor, ATK+1

Reinhardt+1 (+ATK -SPD) - Dire Thunder, Reposition, Moonbow, Deathblow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Goad Cavalry, Quickened Pulse 1

Xander (Neutral) - Siegfried, Swap, Bonfire, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Fortify Cavalry, HP+3

Camus (Neutral) - Gradivus, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Goad Cavalry, SPD+1

I have the same score: 4828 in tier 19.  Does anyone have the attrition math on how likely that is to advance?  I got slightly better matches than my initial run of 4822, but I don't think I can get much higher without severe Crest abuse.

Currently, I'm at Rank 2506 out of 4065 to advance.  I've done pretty much the best I can with this team.  3 out of the 4 on my Team are GHB units, so promoting merge fodder would be expensive.

my first time running into one of these lol. it's funny because they all had the same build except two had Hone Speed instead of the Hone Armour thing, which helped save my butt, i'm pretty sure.

9037a36a57565dea9033ee0f38ce8d13.png

with the help of the Rally Defense i put on Julia, Corn took out 3 Hectors with 1 health to spare (18 damage of Fury recoil is painful), and Julia killed the last one, her +Def boon truly shining as she lived with exactly 3 health.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST DID A THING. 

So I really wanted to try and break my score of 4828. I figured I could do it if I only chose battles in the 690s. No problem. My first match was a pretty standard S-Tier character showdown. Not much trouble. Next battle was my first match worth a whopping 700 points. It turned out to be  It's Eliwood+10, Ninian+6, Hinoka+1, and Fae+5. And Eliwood had distant counter.

I was worried at first, but my team took 'em down. Next match was a Horse Emblem team. Reinhardt+4, Olwen+4, Xander, and Titania+4. I ended up backed into a corner, and thought I was going to lose because Camus couldn't take down Rein in one round...but then I realized that Olwen had Ward Cavalry. I took her out with Reinhardt...and then Camus could take out Rein! I repositioned Rein to safety and shoved Xander in front of Xander and Titania. Everything fell into place perfectly. 

My next match was ANOTHER team worth 700.... I didn't know if I'd get lucky again...This time it turned out to be Bride Caeda+5, Sophia with red blade tome+5, Spring Camilla+5, and Azura with Distant Counter+5. Thankfully Caeda and Camilla had their normal tomes. I decided to prioritize taking out Azura with Rein. Camus repositioned him to safety and took out Sophia with relative ease. The other two fell to Reinhardt after that. 

I was like...shaking by time I got to my final battle which turned out to be an armor emblem team. A super easy win. 

My final score is now 4860, and I'm ranked 1350. I've gotten 3 more defense wins since my last update. I have no idea how I did it. But I haven't felt this kind of rush in a LONG time.

7 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Current Team:

omg your team is amazing, but defense wins 12 really? same team righ? this team in defense is imposiible.I got 0 no vantage team no reinhard, no hector ... no luck i won 4828 with ike camus nino azura, using useless skills in arena for coliseum, like speed 3, aether etc XDD

Edited by ignis_z

5 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

omg your team is amazing, but defense wins 12 really? same team righ? this team in defense is imposiible.I got 0 no vantage team no reinhard, no hector ... no luck i won 4828 with ike camus nino azura, using useless skills in arena for coliseum, like speed 3, aether etc XDD

Yup. My team is still Hector, Reinhardt, Xander and Camus. I've NEVER gotten more than 3 defense wins in a week. Now I've got 15. (And the fact that we have Arena Quests and Gauntlet quests has everything to do with it). And Hector isn't really my first choice for the Arena... He actually very rarely sees battle. Someone else just recommended using him to disguise my horses. 

I really recommend Vantage on Camus. It's a huge pain to deal with. And if you have Wings of Mercy for Azura, it can be a real pain too. But I'd say your team is really solid. I used Nino and Azura for a long time until I maxed out their HM. XD

43 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

So I really wanted to try and break my score of 4828. I figured I could do it if I only chose battles in the 690s. No problem. My first match was a pretty standard S-Tier character showdown. Not much trouble. Next battle was my first match worth a whopping 700 points. It turned out to be  It's Eliwood+10, Ninian+6, Hinoka+1, and Fae+5. And Eliwood had distant counter.

I was worried at first, but my team took 'em down. Next match was a Horse Emblem team. Reinhardt+4, Olwen+4, Xander, and Titania+4. I ended up backed into a corner, and thought I was going to lose because Camus couldn't take down Rein in one round...but then I realized that Olwen had Ward Cavalry. I took her out with Reinhardt...and then Camus could take out Rein! I repositioned Rein to safety and shoved Xander in front of Xander and Titania. Everything fell into place perfectly. 

My next match was ANOTHER team worth 700.... I didn't know if I'd get lucky again...This time it turned out to be Bride Caeda+5, Sophia with red blade tome+5, Spring Camilla+5, and Azura with Distant Counter+5. Thankfully Caeda and Camilla had their normal tomes. I decided to prioritize taking out Azura with Rein. Camus repositioned him to safety and took out Sophia with relative ease. The other two fell to Reinhardt after that. 

I was like...shaking by time I got to my final battle which turned out to be an armor emblem team. A super easy win. 

My final score is now 4860, and I'm ranked 1350. I've gotten 3 more defense wins since my last update. I have no idea how I did it. But I haven't felt this kind of rush in a LONG time.

Congrats, that's awesome.  :D:  What a relief that your last fight was an armour team.  I always get soooo nervous on that 7th fight when I have a really good streak going.

My score of 4850 *just* fell out of the top 30% of Tier 20.  I'm surprised I lasted this long, haha.  Back to 19 I go.

24 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Congrats, that's awesome.  :D:  What a relief that your last fight was an armour team.  I always get soooo nervous on that 7th fight when I have a really good streak going.

My score of 4850 *just* fell out of the top 30% of Tier 20.  I'm surprised I lasted this long, haha.  Back to 19 I go.

Thanks!!! I don't expect to stay in 20 (assuming I promote)... My ultimate goal was just to make it there once for the bragging rights. XD Though the rewards would probably be pretty sweet if I could stay. I figured this week was my chance to do it. IDK what the next set of bonus units will be. Maybe I'll get lucky and have someone to use. (Since I'm not summoning from the swim suit banner.) Who knows? 

Congrats, that's a pretty great score. And yeah, suddenly fighting higher ranked teams is generally pretty hard, but you get used to it eventually. And hey, the more difficult a challenge is, the better you feel after completing it right?  I  only got a score of 4844, but I think that should let me promote to tier 20 as well. Good luck next week.

Congrats!

I think I'll finally be making it to Tier 20, as well. Was getting a bit nervous about my 4822 run since it had dropped to about rank 3k, but I finally completed a deathless run with Anna over Cecilia for all the matches and got 4,840. But short of my high score of I think 4,848, but I'm rank 2,104 right now, which should be secure enough.

Super-marginal improvement time!

Tier 19 score of 4844 (no deaths; no surrenders; 692, 690, 692, 690, 690, 694, 696; Nowi +2, Athena, Eirika 5*, Nino +4):

• Jul 1 3:30AM PT - 1944 (/4078 to Tier 20)

Not much to say, really. Didn't get very good luck on the point draw, though somehow managed an improvement (by a whole 2 points). Wasn't paying too much attention to my previous score before I completed this run, but I think those 2 points were worth around 80 ranks. Teams were pretty standard, aside from the final one that had a Camilla +6, a Bride Caeda +6 and a Bride Lyn +8. None of them were built especially well, though. Bride Caeda still had her bouquet and Lyn had Fortress Defense for whatever reason.

While doing extra arena fights for Voting Gauntlet quests, with my cavalry team because I don't need points anymore:

tumblr_osf0lchwSU1sn35pqo1_500.png

I mean, it's a damn good team. (Mostly free units, too!)

My score of 4880 is good for rank 935 in Tier 19. Tier 20, i'm coming back home. I could improve my score but there is no need to, so i'm just going to go for wins regardless of deaths to finish some quests.

13 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:

my first time running into one of these lol. it's funny because they all had the same build except two had Hone Speed instead of the Hone Armour thing, which helped save my butt, i'm pretty sure.

9037a36a57565dea9033ee0f38ce8d13.png

with the help of the Rally Defense i put on Julia, Corn took out 3 Hectors with 1 health to spare (18 damage of Fury recoil is painful), and Julia killed the last one, her +Def boon truly shining as she lived with exactly 3 health.

Nice win there. I think I would have just given up if I saw that.

After I am done with my triple Reinhardt defense team. I think I will try to make a triple Hector defense team. If those Hectors all had Ward Armor, would that have been more difficult for you?