Should I reroll?

Mighty Minotaur

I figure this gets asked a lot, but I'd like to ask you fine folk here.

When I started out, I was completely ignorant to the reroll strategy, so I rerolled several times until I got my first 5-star, my boy Roy. So I decided to get on with the game (I had rerolled at least 12 times now and was growing impatient), and I got pretty far. However, my luck with summoning was nothing shy of AWFUL. I got another 5-star Roy, a 5-Star Little Tiki, and a 5-Star Takumi (I don't like Takumi, no matter how meta he is). Outside of this, I have gotten one 4-star Fae, a 4-star Frederick, and a 4-star Florina. Everything else I've gotten has been a 3-star. Meanwhile, my friend has gotten a completely stacked team of 5-stars (5-star Camilla, Lucina, Peri, and Hector. An effective hard counter to my entire team). I got Narcian, and I love me some Narcian, but he's not available anymore. So if I reroll, I won't ever be able to get him again. I'm nearing the end of the campaign on all difficulties (Finished normal, almost done on hard, halfway there on Lunatic), and my collection of natural Orbs is slowly but surely grinding to a halt. Should I reroll and try for a better team, or carry on?

TL;DR: I've gotten a 2 5-Star Roys, a 5-Star Babu Tiki, a 5-Star Takumi (I don't like Takumi), and gotten shorted on everything else. I'm apprehensive of restarting, because I'll permaneantly lose Narcian, who I like and want to make a 5-star. Should I reroll anyways?

You have more than a lot of people do in terms of 5 stars. I've exhausted every source of free orbs available at the moment, and have Lucina, Lyn, and Cain. Especially if Roy is who you want, his banner being gone makes him harder to get now. If you like Roy and want to keep Narcian, I would advise against rerolling at this point. I wouldn't take your friend's team as standard, it seems like they either lucked out or spent some cash. If you're concerned about strength, both Young Tiki and Takumi are also high-top tier units at the moment, so you should still do fine(I'm clearing advanced arena handily with only a single 5 star on the team, due to synergy issues)

3 stars are also really cheap to advance to 4 star if you think they'll provide a useful niche, don't count them out from the start.

6 minutes ago, Ether said:

You have more than a lot of people do in terms of 5 stars. I've exhausted every source of free orbs available at the moment, and have Lucina, Lyn, and Cain. Especially if Roy is who you want, his banner being gone makes him harder to get now. If you like Roy and want to keep Narcian, I would advise against rerolling at this point. I wouldn't take your friend's team as standard, it seems like they either lucked out or spent some cash. If you're concerned about strength, both Young Tiki and Takumi are also high-top tier units at the moment, so you should still do fine(I'm clearing advanced arena handily with only a single 5 star on the team, due to synergy issues)

3 stars are also really cheap to advance to 4 star if you think they'll provide a useful niche, don't count them out from the start.

I think you're right. I'll carry on.

Also, to clarify, my buddy hasn't spent any money on this game, and neither have I. We're trying to avoid pay-to-power'ing eachother.

In that case, they probably just got some good luck, Assuming that those 4 are their only 5 star units, they have the same amount as you, just with a bit better distribution. Which will happen, sometimes. I've just recently started ranking up Sharena, and she's gonna hit 5 stars for me soon. I highly recommend her, she's got a pretty huge statline at higher star counts, and the feather cost isn't that much higher in a vacuum(22200 to bring a 2 star base to 5 star, as opposed to 20000 for a 4, the difference is pocket change at that point)

You're the only person I've seen who's gotten Takumi and thought "hmmm, I might need to reroll".

Edited by Refa

1 hour ago, Mighty Minotaur said:

However, my luck with summoning was nothing shy of AWFUL.

Can't tell if this boy is sarcastic or not. If you're being serious, please talk to the many users here who have 0 5 stars, while you seem to have plenty. I wouldn't re-roll, to be honest.

Just link the account to a Nintendo account, so you don't loose it and reload the game without linking it so you can reroll till you get what you want.  Then create a second Nintendo account to save your favorite reroll.  To switch back and forth just reload the game and type in the desired account.  No harm at all.

Especially if you done everything and your bored this is the best way to enjoy the game some more.  Then you can re-earn all those orbs for more free summons.  Then see what account is best.  We got plenty of time before any good update happens.

Edited by Lupine