Who should I add to this team?

NickV

My team:

Nowi (+SPD/-ATK): the main tank. I'm using her to lure in characters that are not Marth, Lucina or Julia one by one and weaken them. Since she lowers the lured unit's resistance she can then move in to kill, or let another appropriate teammate do that job for her. Can also buff Lucina if I want to lure in something that can take Nowi down.

Lucina (+DEF/-HP): main offense and anti dragon. She doesn't seem to be fast but she can take a hit and strike hard.

Cecilia: high mobility, high damage and can even make Nowi a dual tank with her support.

Now, who should I add to this team? I'm currently running Azama who can do some decent healing and has a pretty nice defensive buff. But the main reason why I have him is because he can give a 10 dmg poke which is not affected by defense or resistance. The thing is: his heals aren't doing significant things to the team and Nowi can give a defense buff anyway. I also believe Julia will be a problem for this team and I'm not even doubting that she'll be seeing more usage as time passes.

Do you see any other weaknesses and can you offer a solution within my current roster (see pic below)?

Ps: I also have Corrin(M), Sharena and Anna but they didn't fit anymore.

1Cz810Q.jpg

Edited by NickV

Uh, Takumi definitely stands out. Kagero is also very good, and Nino is probably a little better than Cecilia. You could also take advantage of Olivia's dance skill if you think that could help you.

Takumi, Jeorge, and Kagero are all good units. Olivia's dance as mentioned is pretty good, too. 

I don't agree about Cecilia being worse that Nino though, having a horse is a big deal in Heroes imo. 

Cordelia is also very solid.

@Hawk King Yeah, most mentioned are always strong but I don't feel they do much for the team as a whole. The reason I took Cecilia over Nino is because of the Rally Resistance bit (and mobility) so Nowi can tank most, if not all mages who are not Julia. Kagero is a bit situational imo, so I don't use her. Olivia is decent, but I feel like it makes a match a 3.5 vs 4 battle as she is worthless on her own.

@YouSquiddinMe I would like Cordelia if Galeforce wasn't such a high cost move. Even with Brave Lance it means she'd have to take atleast one hit and 4 hit the opponent to use it. Anything less could easily mean she's in danger.

I'm actually looking towards Eirika or Caeda for their speedboosts as that would mean not even Takumi would be able to double Nowi. Eirika would use her passive and add creativity whereas Caeda can use her mobility to get to corners and also function as an anti-hector.

Edited by NickV

55 minutes ago, NickV said:

@Hawk King Yeah, most mentioned are always strong but I don't feel they do much for the team as a whole. The reason I took Cecilia over Nino is because of the Rally Resistance bit (and mobility) so Nowi can tank most, if not all mages who are not Julia. Kagero is a bit situational imo, so I don't use her. Olivia is decent, but I feel like it makes a match a 3.5 vs 4 battle as she is worthless on her own.

@YouSquiddinMe I would like Cordelia if Galeforce wasn't such a high cost move. Even with Brave Lance it means she'd have to take atleast one hit and 4 hit the opponent to use it. Anything less could easily mean she's in danger.

I'm actually looking towards Eirika or Caeda for their speedboosts as that would mean not even Takumi would be able to double Nowi. Eirika would use her passive and add creativity whereas Caeda can use her mobility to get to corners and also function as an anti-hector.

As someone who's used Caeda she's only really good when supporting a group of fliers - her offense is less than stellar in my experience. Eirika would suit your team more. (When I wrote my original post it didn't occur to me you were looking for a support unit). 

5 hours ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

As someone who's used Caeda she's only really good when supporting a group of fliers - her offense is less than stellar in my experience. Eirika would suit your team more. (When I wrote my original post it didn't occur to me you were looking for a support unit). 

Yeah not necessarily a support but it is definitely nice to have characters boosting each other.

Lyn is one of the best units in the game.  One of the few I'm missing.  Eirika is underrated but not the best either.  Believe it or not but Cecilia is probably your MVP as a Taku killer.  Really want to get Leo and make an all horse team with her.  Chrom is good, but you have Lucina.   I'd have to agree with the others on Kagero.  Taku is a great arena defense hero but there are better for offense imo.

I actually think Eirika might be your best bet.  She's not the best, but highly underrated as I've said.  She can buff the attack and speed of your units simontaneously, can get in front of units and take other units towards her.  Mostly, you'll find her useful for the buff and another green killer.  If you could get Ephraim, I've replaced Nowi with him because he's pretty tanky and can OHKO a ton of units every other attack due to his abillity and passives.

Edited by Lushen

@Lushen I really wish Lyn was one of the best units, but she's too inconsistent for me to call her that. :( She takes a turn to set up and as frail as she is this means there's a risk. She's a high risk high reward character though. I'd personally put her in tier A+.

As for Cecilia, she doesn't seem like a Takumi killed to me as Takumi's damage output is way higher (Cecilia doesn't double Takumi so she can't take him down in a single turn while Takumi can).

Yeah I'm currently leveling Eirika (and Takumi, Effie and Nino for giggles) so I will probably try her when she hits the level 37 mark. Thanks for the feed back all

Edited by NickV

Kick Cecilia for Olivia.  Her Attack buff will help Lucina, and your issue with healing is solved if Olivia dances for Azama.  If you're worried about resistance, drop Azama the minute you get Maria.  Lucina can tank Julia and ORKO her, assuming no enemy buffs.  Lucina with an Attack buff should OHKO Julia, on the off-chance that someone has both better pulling luck than me and the same mentality while going into the arena.