This should've been a new 3DS game

Espinosa

14 minutes ago, Nym said:

Especially if you compare it to the amount of contents that either Awakening or Fates have and the amount of time that you have to put in both of those games.

I've probably put a thousand hours into the 3DS FE games over the years.  I've been playing Heroes as much as my work schedule and the Stamina system will let me, and I've had fun for the most part.  Hopefully, they keep making maps regularly to keep everybody interested.

Lets just call it base values. This isn't Pokemon. But...yeah. Realized this that 3 star summons could sometimes be a blessing after looking at their base values at the FE Heroes Wiki site.

11 minutes ago, PuffPuff said:

Lets just call it base values. This isn't Pokemon. But...yeah. Realized this that 3 star summons could sometimes be a blessing after looking at their base values at the FE Heroes Wiki site.

I wouldn't mind taking 3* units and raising them up if feathers were a bit easier to come by.  After almost a month, I have enough feathers for a total of one promotion to 5*, and half of those were from the one-time give away.

i don't feel the same way considering the big draw of this game is the gacha/gambling aspect, and they'd pretty much have to make a game from scratch given how bare-bones the gameplay of heroes is to tweak it enough such that it's a decent game w/o the gacha.

i will say i like the cooldown system, and hope they incorporate that for some skills in mainline games in the future; it feels more strategy-oriented than % proc skills, since you can time them depending on the situation rather than picking a god and praying =P

16 minutes ago, ZXApocrypha said:

i don't feel the same way considering the big draw of this game is the gacha/gambling aspect, and they'd pretty much have to make a game from scratch given how bare-bones the gameplay of heroes is to tweak it enough such that it's a decent game w/o the gacha.

i will say i like the cooldown system, and hope they incorporate that for some skills in mainline games in the future; it feels more strategy-oriented than % proc skills, since you can time them depending on the situation rather than picking a god and praying =P

Yeah, and there was a bit of that with the Duel Attacks in Fates.

While the game in its whole can't be moved to 3ds I'd certainly like to have a non-random battle mechanics with all this new geometry-manipulating moves like wings of mercy, swap (afair it wasn't presented in fates) and so forth. But I understand people who love random in fe games and since they're numerous there probably will be no change in this respect in general fe games. 

Overall, in terms of gameplay Heroes is indeed both good and different from other fe games and that's a good point, which is actually the main thing (i guess) that still keeps me and other tactics-hungry players in this game. Other than that - well, gacha is gacha.