POLL: Likelihood of characters not from a teased game appearing in the base roster?

The DanMan

Likelihood of...  

62 members have voted

1. 1. ...Judgral characters appearing?

• 5/5 Shoe-in; there'll be (comparitively) lots
    • 4/5 There'll definitely be all the lords and maybe a few others
    • 3/5 Seliph's almost certain, and maaaybe Sigurd and/or Leif
    • 2/5 Seliph is a possibility, but besides that...
    • 1/5 Definitely not happening
  2. 2. ...Elibe characters appearing?

• 4/5 There'll definitely be all the lords and maybe a few others
    • 3/5 Roy's a shoe-in and maaaybe Hector and/or Lyn
    • 2/5 Roy is possible, but besides that...
  3. 3. ...Magvel characters appearing?

• 4/5 There'll definitely be the lords plus a few others
    • 3/5 Eirika definitely, and most likely Ephraim
    • 2/5 Eirika, maybe...
  4. 4. ...Tellius characters appearing?

• 3/5 Ike's probably happening, and maybe one or two other major characters
    • 2/5 Ike's possible, but anybody else...
  5. 5. ...Valentian characters appearing?

• 3/5 Alm and Celica are likely and maybe one or two others
    • 2/5 Alm and Celica are possible, but besides that...

So, yeah. I open paragraphs with that too much A fair few people are concerned and worried about the inclusion of pre-FE11 characters in Fire Emblem Warriors, considering in the announcement trailer none of those games were teased. Considering this subforum has all but stagnated due to a lack of news beyond the game's announcement, I decided to create a poll to gather peoples' thoughts and opinions on the likelihood of characters from Judgral, Elibe, Magvel, and Tellius appearing in the base game.

EDIT: Forgot Valentia.

Edited by The DanMan

With the lack of information, I feel it is unlikely that many older characters will be included. Judgral and Magvel are unlikely- Magvel more likely- as they don't seem as familiar to the casual video gamer as the others. Ike, Roy, and Lyn are liked by many- so their games will probably see some representation. Due to Echos, Valentia will be seen a lot.

In all honesty, I feel Intelligent Systems is starting to remember the older, advanced FE players (i.e. most people on Serenesforest), and thus are starting to appeal to them. This opinion may change depending on Echos, but I have high hopes. However, it is important not to over-hype Warriors, like how we did with Fates.

Edited by Rex Glacies

Some of the answers I would've picked aren't in the poll. I think Lyn is more of a shoe-in at this point than Roy considering the Heroes poll. And I think Ephraim is more likely than his sister because lance wielder over one of many sword lords.

Ike is also a shoe-in at this point considering the heroes poll. I think Elincia and the Black Knight are pretty likely candidates as well. Maybe Micaiah too, but I put her slightly below the others because she's the only one out of the four who can't represent both games.

Considering how we just got seliph and julia in heroes, I believe we will get a decent amount of jugdral representation. Magvel is still in question. Tellius and elibe will probably have more than them though. But valentina is gonna be intresting cause of the new game.

18 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Some of the answers I would've picked aren't in the poll. I think Lyn is more of a shoe-in at this point than Roy considering the Heroes poll. And I think Ephraim is more likely than his sister because lance wielder over one of many sword lords.

Ike is also a shoe-in at this point considering the heroes poll. I think Elincia and the Black Knight are pretty likely candidates as well. Maybe Micaiah too, but I put her slightly below the others because she's the only one out of the four who can't represent both games.

I wanted to give the poll options some flavor instead of them being all cookie-cutter. I personally think the Heroes poll has no bearing on the initial roster (it's got the bulk of its development behind it, and the roster will have to have been locked in by now), and Roy's coasted by on Smash popularity. And IS considered Eirika (not Ephraim) popular enough to put in Heroes' main art. That said, I could probably tweak a few options (I forgot how many "main players" Tellius has).

Anyways, I may as well put my answers down:

Judgral: 1/5. Don't see it happening; it's the dark horse of the NA fandom, but has the single worst selling game in the series and historically hasn't gotten much representation.

Elibe: 2/5. Roy's possible, but I don't think the Heroes poll and Hector's memes can guarantee more than that this late in development.

Magvel: 2/5. Eirika, maybe. They were aware enough of her popularity to put her in the main Heroes' art but not the game itself initially, and considering she's the most "rapier archetype" of the lords I definitely see her as possible.

Tellius: 2/5. Ike's a definite possibility due to his universal popularity, but Tellius is kinda what nearly killed the series in the sales department; only popular with the very core fanbase.

Valentia: 3/5. I wish you could delete your vote and re-do things, because I forgot Valentia at first. Here's why, though: I think they actually were stealth confirmed. Why? Well, they showed the original falchion design in the trailer. "Falchion" was originally going to be a catch-all term for "holy sword" in the series under Kaga, and there's a Valentian Falchion. Why wouldn't they use that design to sync up? (Interestingly, in Seliph's Heroes art, Tyrfing-- which beared a moderate resemblance to Falchion --looks exactly like it) Also, Gaiden is literally a sidestory to Akaneia-- why would it get its own "representation" in the trailer?

Edited by The DanMan

32 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I wanted to give the poll options some flavor instead of them being all cookie-cutter. I personally think the Heroes poll has no bearing on the initial roster (it's got the bulk of its development behind it, and the roster will have to have been locked in by now), and Roy's coasted by on Smash popularity. And IS considered Eirika (not Ephraim) popular enough to put in Heroes' main art. That said, I could probably tweak a few options (I forgot how many "main players" Tellius has).

I was including DLC in my answers though. And I still think Ike is very likely for the base roster anyway. Roy and Lyn though...yeah I dunno. Possible, but may not be the case.

Eirika could've been chosen simply to have more females in the main art or because you use her in Sacred Stones first, not because of popularity. Ephraim seems to be just as popular as her.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I was including DLC in my answers though. And I still think Ike is very likely for the base roster anyway. Roy and Lyn though...yeah I dunno. Possible, but may not be the case.

Eirika could've been chosen simply to have more females in the main art or because you use her in Sacred Stones first, not because of popularity.

This thread title is "Likelihood of characters not from a teased game appearing in the base roster?"
I'd like to say Ike's a shoe-in, but TMS. I'm not going to say definitely not, but I think a measure of restraint is needed when looking at precedent.
I'd personally take Ephraim over Eirika, but Eirika's placed higher on multiple polls (and considering the Awakening trio, we know IS takes popularity polls very seriously).

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

This thread title is "Likelihood of characters not from a teased game appearing in the base roster?"
I'd like to say Ike's a shoe-in, but TMS. I'm not going to say definitely not, but I think a measure of restraint is needed when looking at precedent.
I'd personally take Ephraim over Eirika, but Eirika's placed higher on multiple polls (and considering the Awakening trio, we know IS takes popularity polls very seriously).

TMS was made by entirely different people and people who didn't even do DLC for the game. And I also saw plenty of people turned away from the game because of its poor FE representation and as a result, it didn't sell well. It's a poor example to compare to. Koei would be idiots to make the same mistake.

My bad on the title though, I did read that and then I must've completely forgotten.

And Eirika didn't place that much higher. Ephraim has more basis for an interesting moveset since he's not another sword wielder. I never did understand why Eirika was just a little bit more popular though, I found her very boring and even pretty stupid at times (she is extremely naive).

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

TMS was made by entirely different people and people who didn't even do DLC for the game. And I also saw plenty of people turned away from the game because of its poor FE representation and as a result, it didn't sell well. It's a poor example to compare to. Koei would be idiots to make the same mistake.

My bad on the title though, I did read that and then I must've completely forgotten.

Though TMS was Atlus, it's important to note that IS acted as oversight for it-- if they weren't at least okay with the limited representation, they wouldn't have signed off on it. That said, TMS' complete failure commercially has hopefully taught them some lessons.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Though TMS was Atlus, it's important to note that IS acted as oversight for it-- if they weren't at least okay with the limited representation, they wouldn't have signed off on it. That said, TMS' complete failure commercially has hopefully taught them some lessons.

My point exactly.

Just now, Anacybele said:

My point exactly.

I don't disagree with it, but I think the presentation of the announcement trailer is also worth noting. I'd hope we have more than what was just teased, but I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't. That said, it's simply a bit too early to tell one way or another.

Just now, The DanMan said:

I don't disagree with it, but I think the presentation of the announcement trailer is also worth noting. I'd hope we have more than what was just teased, but I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't. That said, it's simply a bit too early to tell one way or another.

Well, yeah, it's likely that the base roster will just be people from the games those swords belong to, but it was just a teaser, so there's still a chance more are there. And there will surely be DLC anyway.

I'd say not to expect characters outside of Archanea (technically, Gaiden goes under here as well so Alm and Celica could potentially appear), Awakening, and Fates.

That said, I'd also wholly expect that the Elibe and Tellius games get representation through DLC and if Hyrule Warriors is any indication, we could get an endgame dream battle scenario through it where the characters from those games interact with the characters from the base cast like Lana did with Young Link, Toon Link and Medli with Ruto and Ganondorf, Marin with Wizzro, Ravio and Yuga with Link and Linkle, etc.

I could easily picture a DLC battle scenario starring Lyn that could have some shoutouts to Blazing Sword like Lyn finding an amnesiac Robin and the two team up to battle together for example.

EDIT: On that note, I hope they'll do the thing where filling out an illustration unlocks a battle scenario based on that illustration like they did in Hyrule Warriors! A lot of those scenarios ruled!

Edited by Folt

I feel like every series except for Jugdral has a decent chance of getting some representation in the initial roster. With Echoes, IntSys has shown themselves willing to appeal to fans of the older games, and I don't think that'll change for FE Warriors, especially after Fates proved that appealing to both newer and older fans is more profitable.

As for Jugdral, they'll be the Others of FE Warriors, most likely.

• 4 weeks later...

For Jugdral, I only expect Genealogy characters to appear IF they're included. Celiph, and maybe Sigurd and Julia. I'd love it if IS surprised us and threw in someone like Lex or Lene in there, but it's highly doubtful. I mean sure, Hyrule Warriors added obscure characters like Agatha and Marin (DLC), but it's probably because the Zelda series doesn't have a lot of important side characters anyways.

For Elibe, Roy and Lyn are popular, so I'm expecting them. Maybe Hector. I don't see Eliwood as much, mainly because of his son already being in the game and their movesets may be too similar, but you never know. Eliwood is possible, but not as likely. Any other characters would be a surprise. The only other FE6 character I could see is Lilina, and that's because she got a sticker in Smash and she is already in Heroes.

For Magvel, it's hard to say. I think Eirika has a decent chance, and Ephraim to a lesser extent. The true hero of the story, L'arachel, princess of Rausten, champion of justice, prevailer over darkness, defender of light, CEO of gambling halls, and a lady that attracts suitors such as foreign princes, will be robbed unfortunately.

Tellius, Ike is pretty popular, so I think he has a good chance. Micaiah is a mixed bag; her chances weigh on whether Julia makes it into the game or not, because they have a similar appearance with similar abilities, so their movesets would be too similar. I think Elincia has a better chance. Maybe Soren or Ranulf.

Valentia is weird, mainly because they may also use this game to promote Valentia for people who still haven't picked it up (if you haven't by the time this comes out, what are you doing?). I'm anticipating more representation in this game than most of the others listed. Alm and Celica of course, but I won't be surprised if Mae or Zeke are added. I have a feeling IS is banking on the notion that Mae will be the breakout star of Echoes, so they'll want to throw her competitiveness in there for some comedic relief. Maybe Berkut if we're lucky.

On 19/3/2017 at 2:23 AM, Dandy Druid said:

Tellius, Ike is pretty popular, so I think he has a good chance. Micaiah is a mixed bag; her chances weigh on whether Julia makes it into the game or not, because they have a similar appearance with similar abilities, so their movesets would be too similar. I think Elincia has a better chance. Maybe Soren or Ranulf.

Now I feel weird about the possiblity of Julia as a FEW character.

5 hours ago, Troykv said:

Now I feel weird about the possiblity of Julia as a FEW character.

FEW? Enlighten me please. I'm not hip enough to know all of these cool, flashy acronyms the kiddos are making these days.

7 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

FEW? Enlighten me please. I'm not hip enough to know all of these cool, flashy acronyms the kiddos are making these days.

Fire Emblem Warriors: FEW or as I prefer FE:W. 

On 23-02-2017 at 11:17 AM, The DanMan said:

Let's be honest here. TMS had TONS of things going against it and the characters chosen in it were among the least of its problems.

On topic, I think the base game is going to be centered on the worlds shown in the teaser. We MIGHT get a couple of characters from other universes but if they're doing a story mode like they did on Hyrule Warriors I can see using only a few universes in order not to turn the story into a Project X Zone.

I also think the poll options are rather odd. Not sure why Seliph/Roy/Eirika are shown as the default solo option for their respective universes when they share nearly equal protagonist time with other lords. I could see Eliwood or Hector being in the base game and then releasing Lyn and Roy as DLC precisely because of their popularity. This also applies to Ike, but I don't see any Tellius characters in the base game.

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

Let's be honest here. TMS had TONS of things going against it and the characters chosen in it were among the least of its problems.

On topic, I think the base game is going to be centered on the worlds shown in the teaser. We MIGHT get a couple of characters from other universes but if they're doing a story mode like they did on Hyrule Warriors I can see using only a few universes in order not to turn the story into a Project X Zone.

I also think the poll options are rather odd. Not sure why Seliph/Roy/Eirika are shown as the default solo option for their respective universes when they share nearly equal protagonist time with other lords. I could see Eliwood or Hector being in the base game and then releasing Lyn and Roy as DLC precisely because of their popularity. This also applies to Ike, but I don't see any Tellius characters in the base game.

TMS definitely had other major factors working against it-- I never denied that.

Honestly, nobody's expecting anything more than pure fanservice out of the story. I'd rather have that than a predictable and droll story mode that was outlined in half an hour a la Hyrule Warriors.

And looking back, I definitely should've just put "A lord" rather than putting the most popular lord from each game.