Who to unlock potential

Knickstaps

So I'm having a tough time trying to assemble a well balanced team. I was wondering if you guys can help because I'm so indecisive. 

So I currently obtain the following 5*'s ;

Effie, linde, Julia+, Seliph+4, Ephraim+3, Eirika, Kagero, Leo and Merric. 

I feel like I can't create a balanced enough team with these characters. I feel as if whatever combination I put together I can't get well rounded team.  I have a bunch of 4* and I need a second opinion on who I should unlock the potential for. And the list for my 4* ;

Marth, Olivia, Chrom, Corrin(m), Fir, Hana, Laslow, Selena, Eliwood, Stahl, Caeda, old Tiki, Lilian, Sophia, Abel, Effie, Catria, Donnel, Cordelia, Corrin(f) , Robin, Clarine, Sakura ...and I'm sick of listing the rest out.

im thinking the best of my my 4* are listed above and in my mind it's between robin (to counter takuma), corrin(f), Cordelia, Olivia, and Marth. 

Out of on of those 4* listed above, who should I unlock potential for and follow up question, what would be a good team.

Im thinking robin for takumi purposes, Marth is more versatile than seliph but I have eirika who's a solid support so I'm tentative on him. Olivia would be nice as she has dance, cordelia can maybe be a cocunter for hector and maybe also corrin (f). Or I can double up on Effie so I can + her but I doubt that's worth it. Idk...help a brotha out please!

Edited by Knickstaps

Do you have anyone that's set on your current team?  From what you're describing, you're going for the arena.  Rather than trying to do an entire team from scratch, I suggest figuring out 2 members from your existing 5* lineup, and work from there.

Alright. . .I'll try.

First, let's go with the bonus characters.  You have the entire banner, which is great.  Of them, the ladies stand out more.  Since you don't have a Falchion unit that's naturally 5*, go with Julia.

Effie's your best bet for blue, IMO.  Any issues you have with Takumi should be mitigated by her giant DEF.

Since you're running an armor, you'll want some sort of repositioning.  Eirika does just that, albeit a bit dangerously.  She also has +Atk/+Spd aura, which helps everyone else.

The final slot depends on what you need.  Experiment with this to see what works best!

- Sakura can give +Def/+Res, meaning that you'll have every non-HP stat buffed every other turn.

- Olivia gives a better Atk buff than Eir, and can be used for hit-and-run strategies (or just to make Effie move)

- Robin can work as a second source of magic damage, though he won't hit as hard as Julia

- Adult Tiki is a direct counter to Hector/maybe Camilla and Narcian, but not much else

- Your favorite archer not named Setsuna/Niles, if you see a lot of fliers in your matches.  I'd seriously consider Gordin, thanks to Shove (which Effie really likes).

Of these, pure support should stay at 4* (that's Sakura/Olivia).  Of the rest, try them out seriously before committing feathers, and keep in mind that the meta is bound to shift in some way, shape, or form.

Thank you eclipse for that response. It gave me a lot to work with. You don't think that the rotation you gave me relies too heavily on Effie? I feel as if once Effie goes down or gets low in hp I'm screwed.  I'm thinking with that core 3, having another ranged character would be ideal. I'm thinking kagero or linde to have another hard hitter on the team although Olivia would probably make my team more versatile, especially Effie. Hmmm...

great suggestion too I appreciate it a lot!

Adult Tiki works decently as a Takumi counter as well since she has good Def and can counter at range (just gotta have a ranged unit who can snipe him if he's across something impassable or have her approach for the KO though).

Would I possibly be able to piggyback off this topic and get some suggestions? (don't really think there need to be a million topics for this cluttering up the subforum)

23 minutes ago, Knickstaps said:

Thank you eclipse for that response. It gave me a lot to work with. You don't think that the rotation you gave me relies too heavily on Effie? I feel as if once Effie goes down or gets low in hp I'm screwed.  I'm thinking with that core 3, having another ranged character would be ideal. I'm thinking kagero or linde to have another hard hitter on the team although Olivia would probably make my team more versatile, especially Effie. Hmmm...

great suggestion too I appreciate it a lot!

That's what Sakura is for if you want a little more longevity on Ef-wad. If you really want to five star anything I'd say Martha cause the only thing you are missing for your 5 stars is your stereotypical, ridiculous attack stat, menacing son of a crip sword user. So now yout can do the ultimate cheese strat of warping around the map like a maniac!

If that's what you want, then go for it!  If you want to change the title, click on Edit in the first post.  I shall do what I can~!

(other than make everyone use Odin, even I'M not that mean)

@Knickstaps thanks, much obliged! Well my lineup is below, folks:

Spoiler

tumblr_olt4nvzmH11shnqb4o1_540.png

I know Serra and Olivia are pretty good at 4* already so not worrying about them... Robin and Kagero are the obvious choices to save for but I can't help but wonder if maybe Eliwood might be worthwhile...? (Then again... probably don't need three 5* red units lol...) Or even if I should bump up a 3* like Cecilia.

I didn't accrue this many waifus on purpose I swear it's just what my rolls are getting... ;; I'd be more than happy to see Raven, Hector, Ephraim etc. if they happened to want to show up...

Edited by BANRYU

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

@Knickstaps thanks! Well my lineup is below:

Reveal hidden contents

I know Serra and Olivia are pretty good at 4* already so not worrying about them... Robin and Kagero are the obvious choices to save for but I can't help but wonder if maybe Eliwood might be worthwhile...? (Then again... probably don't need three 5* red units lol...) Or even if I should bump up a 3* like Cecilia.

Eliwood's a mage-killer, which Kagero does nicely.  He's also red, which is covered by Marth/Adult Tiki.

Robin/Kagero are excellent 5* choices.  If you somehow get enough feathers for a third. . .weird as this sounds, Narcian.  You have a lot of good red units, which means your team's biggest weakness ATM is Effie.  Narcian trivializes her.  And Azura.  And Cordelia/Catria/any other lance guys you run into.

Edited by eclipse

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Eliwood's a mage-killer, which Kagero does nicely.  He's also red, which is covered by Marth/Adult Tiki.

Robin/Kagero are excellent 5* choices.  If you somehow get enough feathers for a third. . .weird as this sounds, Narcian.  You have a lot of good red units, which means your team's biggest weakness ATM is Effie.  Narcian trivializes her.

I'll take it into consideration, but I'm actually not super worried about Effie when I have Cherche... She might not tank Effie's hits as well as Narcian but she's been a pretty reliably sweep up/KO machine and able to muscle through WTA disadvantages at times even (something Narcian can't do if I've got something like Marth or Lyn or someone on low health but need my other party members to attack that turn). Been pretty happy with her all things considered. She can't tank magic like Camilla does, but... Yeah I think it sounds like Kagero and Robin should be the priorities as I expected, haha... prob should go Kagero first since Res is a weakness of my team, generally speaking

Thanks! Also Narcian mainly exists to be my summoner's footstool and learn HIS place

Edited by BANRYU

Out of what you got, I recommend a team of Eirika/Linde/Effie/Julia

Also, always consider Sharena as an option to 5*. She's truly amazing especially when you consider that she's a freebie.

Edited by Wen Yang