Do you think Nintendo will release more to the story soon?

Big Smoke

As it is, the story doesn't provide much closure. It leaves a lot of holes.

Spoiler

What happens with Askr?

What happens to Emblia?

Who is the Masked Man? (My money's on Zacharias) 

What happens to Veronica? Did we actually kill her or what?

What happened to the heroes? After we killed (maybe?) Veronica did they return to their worlds? (Probably) What about Xander? Did he maybe take control of Emblia? 

Who knows?

So, do you think Nintendo will soon release more? (I hope so, always more orbs to get :p)

I personally wouldn't expect any until after the Japanese release of Shadows of Valentia, if ever. I mean, we are still at the stage where the release of the game is being celebrated.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

3 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

As it is, the story doesn't provide much closure. It leaves a lot of holes.

Reveal hidden contents

What happens with Askr?

What happens to Emblia?

Who is the Masked Man? (My money's on Zacharias) 

What happens to Veronica? Did we actually kill her or what?

What happened to the heroes? After we killed (maybe?) Veronica did they return to their worlds? (Probably) What about Xander? Did he maybe take control of Emblia? 

Who knows?

So, do you think Nintendo will soon release more? (I hope so, always more orbs to get :p)

No idea maybe next week or at the beginning of every month.

Spoiler

Askr didn't get invaded since the Emblians wanted to destroy the ruins.

According to the dataminers, the Masked Man's name is actually Bruno, not Zacharias though it's possible that he might just pick this name to hide his identity.

Veronica seems to be alive since she talked to us before leaving (now she is probably conquering other worlds or returning to Emblia).

No idea for the characters in chapter 9. Michalis seems to imply we could see them again fighting for Veronica. Though the others might be available for the Great Heroes battles like Narcian. Since Xander wants to fight for Veronica because she reminds him Corrin, he would probably fight against us for a while.

4 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

I personally wouldn't expect any until after the Japanese release of Shadows of Valentia, if ever. I mean, we are still at the stage where the release of the game is being celebrated.

Well, we did get Seliph, Julia, Eirika, and Emphriam were released in the first Paralogue. But, the Paralogue is kind of short, I was expected that we suppose to have around 5 parts + two chapters and have more units from Genealogy of the Holy War and the Sacred Stones other than the just the four when it first came out. But, I don't know if we'll get the Valentia characters or just Alm and Celica along with the other two from different games for the second Paralogue?

Other than that, I kinda do feel like that the main story somehow doesn't look like it's completed. But, I do also wondered if that Mask Man is really possibly be Zacharias since he did told the Order of Heroes about Princess Veronica's plan, he's not originally from Emblia, and he told them not to keep looking Zacharias before the Mask Man disappears.

@64:

I'm assuming that the OP was asking about a continuation of the main story. The paralogues are explicitly not that.

Also, maybe. Personally, I think that Alm and Celica will only be added at some point after the Japanese release of Shadow of Valentia. And that the second paralogue will come out before said release. Additionally, the first paralogue had Seliph and Julia in it so having Sigurd and Deirdre added for the second paralogue is a bad idea due to too little time passing since the addition of the first paralogue. And then there's the fact that Ike is in that one group of characters but isn't in the game yet. And thus will probably be added during the same update as the second paralogue while accompanied by...either Elincia or Micaiah, I suppose. And because it is too early for both the Alm and Celica pair as well as the Sigurd and Deirdre pair I suppose that this would leave only one such pair of characters left to accompany the Tellius one, that being the pair of Leif and Nanna.

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:

Well, we did get Seliph, Julia, Eirika, and Emphriam were released in the first Paralogue. But, the Paralogue is kind of short, I was expected that we suppose to have around 5 parts + two chapters and have more units from Genealogy of the Holy War and the Sacred Stones other than the just the four when it first came out. But, I don't know if we'll get the Valentia characters or just Alm and Celica along with the other two from different games for the second Paralogue?

Other than that, I kinda do feel like that the main story somehow doesn't look like it's completed. But, I do also wondered if that Mask Man is really possibly be Zacharias since he did told the Order of Heroes about Princess Veronica's plan, he's not originally from Emblia, and he told them not to keep looking Zacharias before the Mask Man disappears.

I assume that the masked man is Zacharias, as he wears armor very similar to the Order's, and he was part of the Order. One may cite him using Magic and an argument against him being Zacharias (he was stated multiple times by Sharena that he used lances, and even taught her). However, he uses blue magic, and a horse, so I think it's viable that he knows both lancing from horseback and using magic of the same element 

I've a feeling Mask Guy is a Bertram/Renning situation with a bit of Greil's past mixed in. Zacharias was brainwashed like Renning was, and forced to change his name. He was perhaps forced to change his weapon as well like Greil did, although maybe not for the same reason. It would explain why he's so buff for a mage. He previously used physical weapons.

Although, I kinda hope he isn't Zacharias, because it would be silly for Sharena and the others to not recognize him. All he's doing to hide his identity is wearing a small mask. There's no indication that he's disguising his voice or hair color or anything else. Though it's possible that he is, we just don't know it yet.

Edited by Anacybele

37 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've a feeling Mask Guy is a Bertram/Renning situation with a bit of Greil's past mixed in. Zacharias was brainwashed like Renning was, and forced to change his name. He was perhaps forced to change his weapon as well like Greil did, although maybe not for the same reason. It would explain why he's so buff for a mage. He previously used physical weapons.

Although, I kinda hope he isn't Zacharias, because it would be silly for Sharena and the others to not recognize him. All he's doing to hide his identity is wearing a small mask. There's no indication that he's disguising his voice or hair color or anything else. Though it's possible that he is, we just don't know it yet.

Well, they did said they lost Zacharias in the World of Awakening, but they couldn't find him anywhere. But, I think it might be possible that if he might have got caught in a time loop that might have gotten him aged more that made him looked less than he looked used to be and got stucked for years till he was recruited in the Emblia Empire. But, I totally think that if the Masked Man did revealed he's the same Zacharias, then I totally think that the three might be really shocked to see that's the same Zacharias that they are going to look for and we don't have a flashback nor know very much of what Zacharias looked like before he got lost in the World of Awakening.

Edited by King Marth 64

12 hours ago, escotanner said:

I feel like the story will continue soon; possibly next month if they're generous.

Maybe they'll do monthly installments?

12 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Well, they did said they lost Zacharias in the World of Awakening, but they couldn't find him anywhere. But, I think it might be possible that if he might have got caught in a time loop that might have gotten him aged more that made him looked less than he looked used to be and got stucked for years till he was recruited in the Emblia Empire. But, I totally think that if the Masked Man did revealed he's the same Zacharias, then I totally think that the three might be really shocked to see that's the same Zacharias that they are going to look for and we don't have a flashback nor know very much of what Zacharias looked like before he got lost in the World of Awakening.

That was taxing to read, but seems plausible. However, I don't think traveling through worlds involves much time, unless it's worlds that are different than they are now (Marth's, Eliwood's, etc.)

1 hour ago, Big Smoke said:

That was taxing to read, but seems plausible. However, I don't think traveling through worlds involves much time, unless it's worlds that are different than they are now (Marth's, Eliwood's, etc.)

He does need to improve his English. I don't read his posts much because I can't understand them well most of the time.

18 hours ago, RedEyedDrake said:

@64:

And that the second paralogue will come out before said release. Additionally, the first paralogue had Seliph and Julia in it so having Sigurd and Deirdre added for the second paralogue is a bad idea due to too little time passing since the addition of the first paralogue.

I forgot to multi-quote this one in the previous post since I can't find the source mode.

You do forget that there's World of Blazing and World of Binding are in this game that they have some connection from the parents from The Blazing Blade and children from The Binding Blade, Eliwood from World of Blazing did mentioned about the Order of Heroes did he did heard about they beat Roy from Chapter 3. But, I don't think of adding Sigurd and Deirdre is a bad idea in the other paralogues, they can might make Sigurd and/or Deirdre make a before battle conversation with the Order of Heroes about Seliph similar to Eliwood mentioned about Roy in Chapter 7.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

He does need to improve his English. I don't read his posts much because I can't understand them well most of the time.

I'm trying to do my best and did passed my Grammar and Mechanics (and English 97) class, but that's part of the conversation is not relevant to this thread.

I think we're forgetting that one of the developers said that there'll be story updates everything 2 weeks. We got paralogues last week so I'm predicting 2-3 new chapter with SS characters as well as one of the Tellius games. Lastly maybe return to one of the fate/awakening worlds to add some children since some of them were popular. Just think Tellius as Ike did sort of of win that poll.

12 minutes ago, Galactaray said:

I think we're forgetting that one of the developers said that there'll be story updates everything 2 weeks.

Source, where did you get the info about the developers mentioned that the Paralogue chapters releases every 2 weeks each after the first Paralogue chapter released? I don't remembered anyone in Serenes Forest mentioned anything what the director said about the other Paralogue chapters gets released 2 weeks when Seliph, Julia, Eirika, and Emphriam were revealed back then?

Edited by King Marth 64

I'm kind of curious as to how they'll do that, since the Lunatic levels of chapter 9 go up to level 40 gold, the highest rank that you can get.  If they release further stories, you can't exactly keep going up in terms of level ranking there right? 

3 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

I'm kind of curious as to how they'll do that, since the Lunatic levels of chapter 9 go up to level 40 gold, the highest rank that you can get.  If they release further stories, you can't exactly keep going up in terms of level ranking there right? 

To be fair, they don't really have to. Lunatic maps are 10 levels higher and one star rank higher than Hard maps, but the last few Hard maps have levels in the 30s and with star ranks up to gold, so the final Lunatic maps can't keep increasing in level/rank where they're "supposed" to anyway. So I think it's fine for the Normal/Hard versions to keep increasing in level even if the Lunatic ones can't.

11 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Source, where did you get the info about the developers mentioned that the Paralogue chapters releases every 2 weeks each after the first Paralogue chapter released? I don't remembered anyone in Serenes Forest mentioned anything what the director said about the other Paralogue chapters gets released 2 weeks when Seliph, Julia, Eirika, and Emphriam were revealed back then?

Pretty sure there was an interview on GameXplain where it was said by one of the developers that story updates are planned to be bi-weekly.

I’m guessing we can expect either a story chapter or a Paralogue chapter every two weeks.

On 2/23/2017 at 5:12 PM, Anacybele said:

That... makes a lot of sense... O_O

But characters being unable to recognize someone seems to be a bit more of a common plot device than we think. (Conquest Chapter 14)

That'd be really cool if it were implemented as part of the (currently non-existent) Tellius chapters.

----

I'm thinking the next bit of Heroes story arc is likely Shadows of Valencia story arc. It makes more sense that it'd be this from a business perspective, considering that it would be perfect timing promote the game. Plus Nintendo seems to do that.... Like. A lot. (like Corrin in Smash)

If the former turns out to be true, we should expect it around the same time as the game's release.

@64:

Of course both Binding Blade and Blazing Blade would be available from the start. Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8 are thematically connected to (or rehash the premises of, which ever you prefer) chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively. And then parts 1, 2 and 3 of chapter 9 continue that theme for the chapter 1-and-5, 2-and-6 and 3-and-7 duos. So if Binding Blade was going to be in from the start then of course Blazing Blade would too (adding Blazing Blade is the better idea between adding it and doing a 'Back to Binding' part, anyway). So apples and oranges. The point is that the chapter to continue a given theme comes four chapters after the chapter that started said given theme, not immediately afterwards.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

4 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

That... makes a lot of sense... O_O

But characters being unable to recognize someone seems to be a bit more of a common plot device than we think. (Conquest Chapter 14)

That'd be really cool if it were implemented as part of the (currently non-existent) Tellius chapters.

----

I'm thinking the next bit of Heroes story arc is likely Shadows of Valencia story arc. It makes more sense that it'd be this from a business perspective, considering that it would be perfect timing promote the game. Plus Nintendo seems to do that.... Like. A lot. (like Corrin in Smash)

If the former turns out to be true, we should expect it around the same time as the game's release.

And Roy in Melee.

We very well may see that happen, but personally I'd prefer to cover all existing ground first. We could use more characters from each game, not to mention popular characters from other games *cough*Radiant Games*cough*

5 hours ago, Big Smoke said:

And Roy in Melee.

We very well may see that happen, but personally I'd prefer to cover all existing ground first. We could use more characters from each game, not to mention popular characters from other games *cough*Radiant Games*cough*

And Ike in Smash? (though that one is probably more of a showcase, given the 2 year gap between the two games).

And I would hope the same... I guess it's 50/50....

I just can't help but notice these business strategies. >_< 

7 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

And Ike in Smash? (though that one is probably more of a showcase, given the 2 year gap between the two games).

And I would hope the same... I guess it's 50/50....

I just can't help but notice these business strategies. >_< 

Haha. Shameless promotion, and it works. Without it we wouldn't even have fire emblem here in the west.

It's weird to think that smash bros has contributed to the revival and expansion of so many series. Fire emblem being brought western, Kid Icarus seeing resurgence, etc.

Edited by Big Smoke

I agree that the story seems incomplete. Maybe because we haven't had a dragon/god/dragon-god turn up and take over the antagonist role yet.

On the other hand, I don't expect an extension to the main story - just frequent Paralogues to introduce new units. I'm betting there'll be a Paralogue focusing on all the protagonists of PoR and RD when the time comes.

8 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

I agree that the story seems incomplete. Maybe because we haven't had a dragon/god/dragon-god turn up and take over the antagonist role yet.

On the other hand, I don't expect an extension to the main story - just frequent Paralogues to introduce new units. I'm betting there'll be a Paralogue focusing on all the protagonists of PoR and RD when the time comes.

It's more that the main story doesn't have a resolution. Veronica is still continuing her war just like at the beginning of the story, and there's the whole arc with Zacharias and finding out what his deal is with like presumably being the mystery guy and figuring out how to resolve that. That doesn't seem like the sort of "side story" thing that would get reserved for Paralogues.

Edited by Othin