Are Personal Skills a good idea?

Corrobin

1 hour ago, Corrobin said:

How would you fix some of the bad personal skills? Like, say, Saizo's?

I'd not have it damage himself. All of the bad skills can be tweaked to retain their theme but be make usable.

On 2/24/2017 at 3:39 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

They're nifty and serve as a way of integrating a character's personality and add uniqueness without messing with their stats. And yes, the royals do get a bunch of the best. 

Capture/Kidnap was also an interesting way of bringing back an old mechanic from Thracia. Rinkah's Fiery Blood seriously helps her and would be amazing on anyone else. Only Peacebringer and Misfortunate actively hurt you (technically Guarded Bravery and Noble Cause do too, but it is negligible).

A few of the kids do get some nice ones: Percy and Kiragi have amazing ones, Ophelia and Soleil good ones. But then you have Born Steward, Daydream, and Haiku. So all in all it evens out.

One that I think is a real shame is Shuriken Mastery. How wonderful it'd be on a durable unit on Conquest, being able to damage and debuff all those evil ninjas every time they attack you. But no, it is stuck on Kagero, a fragile Birthright unit. Optimist and Perfectionist are also want for more suitable units.

Actually, Haiku is useful in Heirs of Fate where your healing is limited and you have to conserve resources effectively.

1 hour ago, Corrobin said:

Actually, Haiku is useful in Heirs of Fate where your healing is limited and you have to conserve resources effectively.

Agreed. It's not much, but it still has some degree of use, which is more than I can say of some other personals *cough Misfortunate hack*.

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I never found the resources so limited in Heirs of Fates that I would need to bother using Haiku. The set up for it is just way too stringent.

Admittedly, that's the case in other parts, but I found it useful in part 1, where all Mitama has on her is a Wane Festal, which is... Rather weak, to say the least (to say nothing of it only having 5 uses).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia