Silver to gold upgrade is a waste?

NickV

When I check the stats for upgrades of 4* to 5* it seems multiple stats are (FAR) below average if I put it next to the IV calculator.

Normal 5* Effie according to calc: HP: 23 Atk: 27 Spd: 6 Def: 12 Res: 5

Mine would be: HP: 21 Atk: 23 Spd: 6 Def: 11 Res: 4

This happens to pretty much all of my heroes and I've upgraded Cordelia before, who now has these stats at level 40:

HP: 36 (1 below bane HP for 5* pull), Atk: 40 (as much as a bane atk Cordelia), Spd: 33 (as much as boon Cordelia) and def and res are medium.

So what's up with this?

Edited by NickV

It's probably expecting her to have skills yours doesn't have yet (and might not be able to learn until after becoming 5*), like her highest weapon upgrade.

16 minutes ago, NickV said:

When I check the stats for upgrades of 4* to 5* it seems multiple stats are (FAR) below average if I put it next to the IV calculator.

Normal 5* Effie according to calc: HP: 23 Atk: 27 Spd: 6 Def: 12 Res: 5

Mine would be: HP: 21 Atk: 23 Spd: 6 Def: 11 Res: 4

This happens to pretty much all of my heroes and I've upgrades Cordelia before, who now has these stats at level 40:

HP: 36 (1 below bane HP for 5* pull), Atk: 40 (as much as a bane atk Cordelia), Spd: 33 (as much as boon Cordelia) and def and res are medium.

So what's up with this?

They count Atck with their 5* weapons, so you have to add the difference to the total. Your Effie would have 23+4= 27 Atk. Then check the Boon/Bane. She's neutral in Atk. Sometimes they count skills like Speed+3, sometimes they do not.

For the rest, I don't know. Sometimes there are mistakes. Usually it's accurate for me, with a few differences sometimes. In that case, refer to your friend list to compare if they have the same units at level 40.

EDIT:  There is also a bug on this site, it displays 5* max stats instead of 4*.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Hmm then it seems they end up with 2 banes and 1 boon? Atleast that's what I see when I see my Cordelia (still not sure why she has 36 hp when calculators say 37 is minimum :o) and Effie. Didn't know they add the MT to atk, but it makes sense.

1 minute ago, NickV said:

Hmm then it seems they end up with 2 banes and 1 boon? Atleast that's what I see when I see my Cordelia (still not sure why she has 36 hp when calculators say 37 is minimum :o) and Effie. Didn't know they add the MT to atk, but it makes sense.

It should be either one bane and one boon or two banes and two boons. Or none of either.

24 minutes ago, Othin said:

It should be either one bane and one boon or two banes and two boons. Or none of either.

I've used a different calculator and most units seem to be fine now. Though according to that calc Corrin(F) has no boon and 1 bane and Cordelia still has 1 boon 2 bane but this one does show 36 hp. It may be an error in the calc though? Or my unit is an anomaly which is kinda cool I guess? lol

Just now, NickV said:

I've used a different calculator and most units seem to be fine now. Though according to that calc Corrin(F) has no boon and 1 bane and Cordelia still has 1 boon 2 bane but this one does show 36 hp. It may be an error in the calc though? Or my unit is an anomaly which is kinda cool I guess? lol

Please list the level, stats, and skills your Corrin(F) has, and the link to the calculator you're using.

19 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Please list the level, stats, and skills your Corrin(F) has, and the link to the calculator you're using.

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-emblem-heroes-iv-calculator

I'm not sure if I'm missing something; probably is the case.

Corrin(F): skills are Seal Res 2 and Hone Atk 3

MFVJnbl.jpg

Also checked Cecilia, who seems to have 1 boon 2 bane or 2 boon 1 bane: skills are Atk +2 and Escape Route 3.

DZbyMcO.jpg

Edited by NickV

1 hour ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

They count Atck with their 5* weapons, so you have to add the difference to the total. Your Effie would have 23+4= 27 Atk. Then check the Boon/Bane. She's neutral in Atk. Sometimes they count skills like Speed+3, sometimes they do not.

For the rest, I don't know. Sometimes there are mistakes. Usually it's accurate for me, with a few differences sometimes. In that case, refer to your friend list to compare if they have the same units at level 40.

EDIT:  There is also a bug on this site, it displays 5* max stats instead of 4*.

I literally did not know you could check your friends' units until just now.

I find the 5* weapons make the biggest difference.  It's 4-5 extra attack, which can be the difference between finishing off an opponent or not.

3 minutes ago, NickV said:

Reveal hidden contents

MFVJnbl.jpg

Also checked Cecilia, who seems to have 1 boon 2 bane: skills are Atk +2 and Escape Route 3.

Reveal hidden contents

DZbyMcO.jpg

I just compared your stats to those for a baseline 5* F!Corrin on the Heroes Wiki and she has Atk Boon and Def Bane. You just need to subtract the weapon might to get her actual Atk stat, which is 9 in your case. 

Same for Cecilia, who has 8 base Atk if you remove Atk+2 and Weapon Might. Seems like her boon is Speed while her Bane is Res

Just now, NickV said:

Hide contents

Also checked Cecilia, who seems to have 1 boon 2 bane: skills are Atk +2 and Escape Route 3.

Reveal hidden contents

I use this calculator: http://feheroes.wiki/Stats_Calculator, because it's easier to subtract out current weapon MT (and your Attack skills) than it is to add some variable amount of MT to the calculations.  Or, you can do the Lazy Clipsey Method, which is to compare the other four stats, which should tell you whether or not Attack is even a factor in the boon/bane calculations.

Corrin(F): Looks like she's +Atk/-Def.

Cecliia: And she's +Spd/-Res.

So, what's the tl;dr of this?  CHECK YOUR WEAPON MT AND SKILLS FIRST.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

So, what's the tl;dr of this?  CHECK YOUR WEAPON MT AND SKILLS FIRST.

and use the right calc, I suppose. Thanks!

Edited by NickV

Also, idk if anyone else noticed, or if I had an isolated case, but I think there might be a UI glitch when viewing the promoted stats. When I promoted my Tharja to five stars I checked an IV calculator to see what her boon/bane was and the stats were wrong in the app by several points on each stat well bellow what a negative bane would give. However, as soon as I went into the training tower and started a stratum I looked at her again and all her stats shot up to what they should have been. Other wise its probably what everyone else is saying and the IV calc is just taking weapon might and skills into account.

5 minutes ago, mersinary said:

Other wise its probably what everyone else is saying and the IV calc is just taking weapon might and skills into account.

This is the reason for discrepancies, not the percieved UI glitches in the app.

I actually like having the option to upgrade units.  I'm more likely to get a good 3* or 4* with good IVs and be able to promote them, than I am to get a 5* with good IVs.  Pretty much all my 5*s are either -Atk or -Spd.