March quest woes.

Silith13

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't thought about those who hadn't pulled a single armor ... although then again, I believe I still don't have a cavalry unit. Hopefully they'll add either a new daily hero rotation featuring Kellam or a grand hero battle with an armor unit.

Sadly, I don't have 4 armor units, so I won't be able to complete all the quests (one lunatic quest requires 4 armors, I believe). Completionist me is sad.

Maybe if we complain enough we'll get an armor unit for free, or they'll change the quest to something that's accomplishable for people without armors

I mean, there's no way I'm going to get four armor units, that's not my concern. I just don't want to be stuck on normal quests for all of March because I don't even have one armor.

19 hours ago, Silith13 said:

Yay new sets of quests. That's at least 3 more orbs! W00

Waaaait a minute.

Reveal hidden contents

1jRh7bB.png

Am I the only one? Maybe someone out there has no dagger users to complete the quests. I am a sad panda right now.

I feel you. ;-; No Armors here.

I've done 9 (maybe 10) full sessions so far, but alas! I would take any of your 3* Gwendolyns Wendys. Heck, I would even take a 1* Gwendolyn, so please swap out the hero battles. I just want those free orbs. ;_;

2 hours ago, Fly_or_Die said:

then again, I believe I still don't have a cavalry unit.

There is a free 1⋆/2⋆ Gunter in the rotating hero battles. There's no armoured unit, however.

Those unlucky enough to never have pulled an armour or to have got rid of them miss out on potential 8 orbs. That's significant.

I had to sit down. Breath in deeply and do a tiny bit of math. 8 is still less then 20. So it's not worth it rolling now in hopes of an armour compared to waiting for a focus I actualyl WANT to roll in.

KO Level 40 Cavalry on Lunatic to get 5 Orbs... Well, time to train up Raigh and Fem!Robin. This is going to be nasty. Lvl 40 units are generally a pain to deal with. ><

11 minutes ago, tailfin said:

KO Level 40 Cavalry on Lunatic to get 5 Orbs... Well, time to train up Raigh and Fem!Robin. This is going to be nasty. Lvl 40 units are generally a pain to deal with. ><

It's not that bad, honestly. I'm at 14/15 already, my team being 4⋆ Cecilia and Sharena, and 5⋆ Lilina and Lyn.
A 5⋆ Catria from my arena team also contributed a poke in one of the matches.

EDIT: and done!

sNwlk2E.jpg

Edited by Vaximillian

On 2/28/2017 at 11:47 PM, Thalyon said:

In my opinion, they should give at least one unit of each time free in encounters if they add so many quests needing specific units.

Yo don't double post!

I'm seriously hoping that Zephiel will be released sooner than later.

9 hours ago, Sire said:

Whoa now, hold up. I see the doom and gloom about armors, but where is the concern here? I can see there being one for Normal difficulty if a player has zero armor units, as one cannot progress to the next tier without a full clear. However, there is no Armor requirement for Hard Mode, and the Lunatic one for 7-5 is only for 2.5k Red Shards.

Now, if the 5 Orbs was locked up behind that, I would join in the doomsaying, but while 2.5k Red Shards is really nice, they are nowhere near as useful as Orbs, Stamina Potions, Dueling Crests, and Light's Blessings. Then, there is no "clear bonus" that I know of for completing all of the Lunatic quests.

Are the 2500 Red Shards that valuable? Sure, they can (almost) instantly promote a Level 1 unit to 20 and save some grindings, but I fail to see the issue here. (As an aside, I don't have the 4 Armors needed, but would have if I didn't send 2 Gwendolyns home and my spare Sheena.)

I have zero armor units, out of every last F2P pull.  Will be saving my orbs for the next banner, for obvious reasons.

6 hours ago, Fly_or_Die said:

I hadn't thought about those who hadn't pulled a single armor ... although then again, I believe I still don't have a cavalry unit. Hopefully they'll add either a new daily hero rotation featuring Kellam or a grand hero battle with an armor unit.

Sadly, I don't have 4 armor units, so I won't be able to complete all the quests (one lunatic quest requires 4 armors, I believe). Completionist me is sad.

You have Gunter and Stahl in the daily rotation.  Pick 'em up!

10 hours ago, Fly_or_Die said:

There are Cavs are in the daily hero rotation, such as Stahl, Gunter, and Cecilia.  There are no armors with this trait.

Minimal math on pull chances of an armour.

5* Sheena, Hector, Effie
4* Draug, Wendy, Effie, Sheena
3* Draug, Wendy

5* Blue 1/10 = 0.3%
5* Green 2/9 = 0.67%

4* Red 1/26 = 1.38%
4* Blue 2/18 = 4%
4* Green 1/15 = 2.4%

3* Red 1/15 = 3.87%
3* Blue 1/12 = 4.83%

Red = 5.55%
Blue = 9.5 %
Green = 3.07%
Grey = 0%

Hey with the upcoming focus with Effie in it blue goes up to 12.5%. W00.

#Notworththegamble.

Man, RNG just has to be RNG, doesn't it? This matter is made worse when players send home units they not particularly like or need, only to be screwed over down the line.

So, another change for Heroes would be to get rid of the difficulty gating for Quests (Normal -> Hard -> Lunatic) and just open them all up at once. Quests that rely on "padding (see the previous Arena quests) can simply jack up the numbers but keep the same general progression intact.

Eh, I'll give the Feedback system a shot for once. Problem is I also have lots of other stuff I would like to send...

I'm not really having problems with these kinda missions, I guess its cause I never send home any unit, and if I get copies, I just put them together. Is sending people home really worth it?

I do think its a bit unfair to have focused missions like these, cause if you don't have that unit you're done for, but I have yet to run into a problem like that...my problem is that dang arena ones haha.

5 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

I guess its cause I never send home any unit, and if I get copies, I just put them together. Is sending people home really worth it?

I've never sent away any armour because my Gwendy is literally the only armour I got. Luck is fickle.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I've never sent away any armour because my Gwendy is literally the only armour I got. Luck is fickle.

True, one of my friends has been wanting Hector and a team full of Armored units, as it's his favorite, so far he only has one. I guess that's the thing with this kinda game. It took me forever to get Serra, when my friend had like 3 of her haha.

2 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

It took me forever to get Serra, when my friend had like 3 of her haha.

Three Marias, three Eliwoods, and three female Corrins on my roster right now, I kid you not.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Three Marias, three Eliwoods, and three female Corrins on my roster right now, I kid you not.

I do love this game a lot, way more then I should, but I do think they need like a few packs at a time, and like split up the characters. That way chances are different and you have less of a chance of repeats. They could have like a pack for each game/world or something, I don't know.

3 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

I'm not really having problems with these kinda missions, I guess its cause I never send home any unit, and if I get copies, I just put them together. Is sending people home really worth it?

I do think its a bit unfair to have focused missions like these, cause if you don't have that unit you're done for, but I have yet to run into a problem like that...my problem is that dang arena ones haha.

I don't send home units, either.  However, I haven't pulled a single armor (yet).

Arena's pretty easy for me.  All i do is spam Dueling Crests until everything works out. :P:

On 3/1/2017 at 2:56 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

My only armor is a single 3* Gwendolyn, who I had solo the starter stratum once to get the five kills needed.  The Lunatic quest will be impossible >~>

I don't like armors in this game....  One move is outright painful.

I was lucky enough to pull a 4* Sheena in my most recent pull, and it's an absolute bitch to train her up because of that one-space move. I feel like she's got a good stat spread and good potential, but good lord is training her up jank as all hell due to the way maps are structured.

And yup, she's the only armor unit I got at the moment.

As for duplicates, this game seems to have some sort of obsession with giving me 3* Fir, Hana, and Shanna. I've gotten three of each so far.

Edited by Extrasolar

1 hour ago, Extrasolar said:

I was lucky enough to pull a 4* Sheena in my most recent pull, and it's an absolute bitch to train her up because of that one-space move. I feel like she's got a good stat spread and good potential, but good lord is training her up jank as all hell due to the way maps are structured.

And yup, she's the only armor unit I got at the moment.

As for duplicates, this game seems to have some sort of obsession with giving me 3* Fir, Hana, and Shanna. I've gotten three of each so far.

I have Gordin/Bartre/Olivia.  My armor WILL move!  But I need to pull one first. :cry:

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I have Gordin/Bartre/Olivia.  My armor WILL move!  But I need to pull one first. :cry:

XD

I never thought of using my Olivia to constantly refresh Sheena to get her to move past the speed of snail... That's almost ingenious... Well, it would be if my Olivia wasn't already level 27 while Sheena is at 5... And I can't just drop a spot for Olivia on that team, because I have other low units I need to train up.

Speaking of which, it's almost comical how much more useful 4* Raigh that I pulled is compared to his worthless 3* counterpart. An anti-infantry weapon in a game composed 80% of infantry, with decently high attack and speed? Yes please!

I bet you feel like I did when I was desperately trying to pull a bow user due to the amount of hell those Pegasus knights gave my mages and sword-users. I finally got Gordin after who knows how long, but the bow drought was real. And then the game relaxed on me, because then I got Niles, Setsuna, and most recently, 5* Klein! (Speaking of which, does anyone know if Klein is more useful than Gordin, or should I just train 'em both?)

Edited by Extrasolar

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

But will Golda move -- *shot*

Still don't have any armors, saving up to see if maybe I can get an increased chance at Effie when her banner comes out. But I feel like I may have used up my luck when I summoned Sanaki with my only red orb last time when her banner came up.