If you could create a sidestory/gaiden game starring any character(s) of your choice, who would you choose and why?

Extrasolar

2 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

Yup. She did. I believe that in the notes, Raquesis, Azelle and Sylvia were petrified out in the desert, as the intention was that they'd come back in the hypothetical third generation of the game that never came to light.

No, Sylvia's wasn't petrified, iirc, her fate's still unknown. As for Azelle, the wiki says that Kaga originally had him appear in 2nd Gen, turned to stone, but since that was scrapped, his current fate is unknown (most likely Arvis took him in, since the dude actually has care for his step brother and I doubt he would kill him off).

Raquesis however was most likely petrified, according to the wiki, since her fate's unknown but she may have been captured by the Lopto Sect, after she journeys through the horrifying Yied Desert.

4 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

YUP! I would totally want this.

EDIT: I feel like I sounded rude, but yes, I think a side game with Legault as the main character sound interesting. Maybe a game about his time as part of the Black Fang?

No problems! I actually really like Legault as well. His conversation with Matthew is the best, even if you have to use two thieves to unlock it.

Velouria, because she's my favorite.

I don't really mean Heirs of Fate either. I want a full blown story about her time in her deep realm leading up to the shenanigans of Fates.

well Shigure and Laslow both technically already have theres in a way. Tormod would be interesting because I see it focusing more on Laguz and racism between them and Berocs also he seriously needs to redeem himself for what RD did to him

53 minutes ago, Last Laugh said:

well Shigure and Laslow both technically already have theres in a way. Tormod would be interesting because I see it focusing more on Laguz and racism between them and Berocs also he seriously needs to redeem himself for what RD did to him

Oh, that reminds me! A game focusing on Tormod, Muarim, Vika and the rest of the Laguz Emancipation Army would be cool...and it would explain where the hell they all went during a gigantic portion of Radiant Dawn, at that rate...

Maybe a mini Dawn Brigade game which takes place a few months before the beginning of Radiant Dawn, with the actual focus on them this time, would be good...provided you buffed the Dawn Brigade's stats and developed their personalities a bit more.

10 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

The adventures of Priam on other side Tellius could be cool, and we'd end with him going through the Dragon's Gate and stumbling upon Ylisse. Though by his time, a good number of the original Tellius characters would be dead or very old, barring the dragons and some of the laguz. So you'd feature a cast of pretty much all original characters (with hopefully some Branded and wolves in the mix).

Ooh, a game featuring the Crusaders would be pretty awesome, from the rough start of their rebellion against the Loptyr Empire to them hitting god mode (basically literally) and powering up with the Holy Weapons.. We already have the designs for all 12, a lot of personality for them to start off with. Final boss is already made for us too. Not to mention, it would finally put to rest that whole debate over whether Ulir is male or female (I always thought she was a woman, personally).

Instead of him going to Ylisse, I'd rather it be like a DLC thing rather than canon. I'd rather focus on the other side of Tellius with a new cast of characters.

And I believe Ulir is female for the sake of having another lady in the group. The Crusaders were mainly men, so I'd rather have Ulir as female. Plus 4/6 of her playable descendants are female, so female wins for me.

12 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

Your second idea is a cool one, and could work for the smaller format game. Anything that gives Kieran more screen time. :P: Seeing more Lucia would be neat too.

I'm pretty much doing this with my FE9 rewrite fan project and Kieran is one of the first playable characters there, along with Elincia and Lucia. xD

2 minutes ago, tailfin said:

I'm pretty much doing this with my FE9 rewrite fan project and Kieran is one of the first playable characters there, along with Elincia and Lucia. xD

You're doing an FE9 rewrite? But FE9 is so good in its current state... Now, RD, that could do with a few rewrites, to say the least.

I'm curious, though. Do you have a link to it?

Not to go off-topic, but it is basically FE9 from Elincia's PoV where she's the main character, not Ike. xD Aka what would have happened if Kieran and his platoon of knights had not lost sight of Elincia in the original game ( that's how he ended up being a PoW in my headcanon, in any case ).

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/65941-fe-heart-of-dawn-demo-available/&page=1

1. Awakening Generation 2 - I want to see the war-torn world and their struggle for survival as they try to maintain their bonds to each other and such. I know this technically has been done already with the Awakening DLC "Future Past," but I would love an expansion to their story as I enjoy the child characters of Awakening. Also, a "darker" Fire Emblem might be nice, even if it is just with the apocalypse theme and characters dying left and right.

If they want to go one step further, even add an arc where the parents play a role and showcase their eventual fall. Their final mission could be a last ditch effort to take on Grima, but they fail. Then the children try to do the same, but they too fail, forcing them to escape and go back in time instead where they are found in Awakening. The final chapter could be a grand defense one where Grima throws everything he has at the kids while Naga attempts to open the gate so they can escape.

For that extra mile, show off what happens to Inigo, Selena, and Owain after they come from Fates. Do they do back to Awakening, or do they go back to their war-torn world? Is that world healed by Anakos now, or did something else happen in that Fates DLC? What about Soleil and Ophelia, or the crazy "Awakening Prequel" DLC? There are so many questions...

2. Garon from Fates - He had so much potential, but the story transformed him into a generic monster that made him meaningless.

I want to know about the Concubine Wars. I wonder how Garon handled affairs with Hoshido when he was a better man. Tell me how this womanizer and loving father transformed into his Fates incarnation.

While they are at telling Garon's story, re-release Fates with an updated and improved story as a "Definite Version." I could go on a long spiel here, but I'll stop myself before I write another essay. If I had a time machine, I could try my hand at rewriting the entire thing. However, I have too many projects to work on...

3. I could go about Elibe and its sidestories, but those already exist as fan projects and I'll get around to playing them once they are eventually finished.

4. Sacred Stones Legendary Heroes - The five legendary heroes from Sacred Stones who originally locked away the Demon King. There can be a lot of liberties taken with them as they are not well established in lore.

Honestly, I just want an excuse to visit Magvel again with its monster enemies. It would be a bonus if they had the SS artist come back for the character portraits and we had a pixel aesthetic that improves on the GBA formula.

The one thing I fear though is the fanservice and "poor character development / supports" creeping its way into the world of Magvel. Characters can have their gimmicks (Gaius with candy, Lon'Qu with women, Arthur and Justice), but the support conversations that are memorable downplay these gimmicks or give an explanation for them (Gauis x Maribelle, Lon'Qu x Cherche, Arthur x Azura). The thing is, I think there are more "poor" supports in the modern FE games than in the previous ones, and the push for everyone to be romantic with each other is not helping. Alas, I am off-topic, so I'll cut this here.

5. Walhart and his Conquests - Just for fun, maybe play as Walhart (and Cervantes, because his stache) as he conquers an Outrealm. Maybe he somehow even ends up saving that world by conquering everyone and uniting them against a common threat. Of course, once peace is restored, Walhart gets bored and goes off to conquer another Outrealm.

Edited by Sire

19 minutes ago, tailfin said:

Not to go off-topic, but it is basically FE9 from Elincia's PoV where she's the main character, not Ike. xD Aka what would have happened if Kieran and his platoon of knights had not lost sight of Elincia in the original game ( that's how he ended up being a PoW in my headcanon, in any case ).

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/65941-fe-heart-of-dawn-demo-available/&page=1

Ohh. That's not really a rewrite, but more like a perspective flip. I thought you meant changing the events and main plot or something.

EDIT: @Sire I really like the idea of a full game following the kids from Awakening in their Bad Future. I think it would better as a limited resource, almost pseudo-survival style like Thracia 776 was, with really tough enemies, to drive home the fact that you're struggling for survival in this really hostile world.

Also definitely for fleshing out real Garon more (I wish slime monster Garon hadn't existed at all, but we can't always get what we want...). Getting an updated rewrite of Fates with all the shenanigans/bad writing ironed out would be nice too, and I've got quite a few ideas on how I'd fix the Conquest path in particular and the Revelation path to a lesser extent. But that could be a whole 'nother thread in and of itself.

The one thing I fear though is the fanservice and "poor character development / supports" creeping its way into the world of Magvel. Characters can have their gimmicks (Gaius with candy, Lon'Qu with women, Arthur and Justice), but the support conversations that are memorable downplay these gimmicks or give an explanation for them (Gauis x Maribelle, Lon'Qu x Cherche, Arthur x Azura). The thing is, I think there are more "poor" supports in the modern FE games than in the previous ones, and the push for everyone to be romantic with each other is not helping. Alas, I am off-topic, so I'll cut this here.

This is kind of my wider fear for the future FE series as a whole... I agree with all of this, pretty much.

Edited by Extrasolar