Something I noticed about Tibarn

xanatha

There's something which is bothering me a little about Tibarn.

During the Goldoan meeting, he says: "Forgoing my laguz pride is not something I'm willing to do."

In a support conversation between Jill and Lethe, Lethe says this: "Weapons are something that you powerless beorc created to counter our claws."

I think that's quite much the same. For a laguz to equipe a weapon = forgoing his laguz pride.

And still Tibarn carries a dagger.

There's something which is bothering me a little about Tibarn.

During the Goldoan meeting, he says: "Forgoing my laguz pride is not something I'm willing to do."

In a support conversation between Jill and Lethe, Lethe says this: "Weapons are something that you powerless beorc created to counter our claws."

I think that's quite much the same. For a laguz to equipe a weapon = forgoing his laguz pride.

Lethe explained this, actually, in a support conversation or a base conversation, i forget which

she says that they appreciate beorc tools because it makes it easier to do stuff, like cut fruit in Lethe's example

but they don't approve of them for fighting

Lethe explained this, actually, in a support conversation or a base conversation, i forget which

she says that they appreciate beorc tools because it makes it easier to do stuff, like cut fruit in Lethe's example

Bingo. Bianchi wins.

Edited by Boo

I just read it. She says that part when she's talking to Jill.

Jill: Why don't half-bree... No, that's not right... Why don't the laguz use weapons?

Lethe: ...We laguz are born ready to fight. Weapons are something that you powerless beorc created to counter our claws. We have no use for them.

I remember what you speak of, but why would she mean that in this connection?

I just read it. She says that part when she's talking to Jill.

Jill: Why don't half-bree... No, that's not right... Why don't the laguz use weapons?

Lethe: ...We laguz are born ready to fight. Weapons are something that you powerless beorc created to counter our claws. We have no use for them.

I remember what you speak of, but why would she mean that in this connection?

it was actually a base conversation, thanks Allan!

XD

ike asked about the knife lethe had if i remember correctly and lethe said quite grudgingly that laguz appreciate beorc tools because they make doing things easier, like cutting fruit.

Edited by Chiki

You are referring to the wrong conversation. In chapter 10, if Lethe is alive, there will be a base conversation where Ike will talk to Lethe about the knife they she carries. She will then state what Chiki/Bianchi said in a nutshell. Hence you were 'wrong', as you were not referring to the correct evidence to prove the point. Although the word 'wrong' would be the incorrect word to use for that occasion. 'Not quite' would be a better term to suit the situation.

You are referring to the wrong conversation. In chapter 10, if Lethe is alive, there will be a base conversation where Ike will talk to Lethe about the knife they she carries. She will then state what Chiki/Bianchi said in a nutshell. Hence you were 'wrong', as you were not referring to the correct evidence to prove the point. Although the word 'wrong' would be the incorrect word to use for that occasion. 'Not quite' would be a better term to suit the situation.

Oh come on!

This is what I mean

yeah, Lethe says that its degrading for a laguz to use weapons.

note the weapons

they don't mind using tools if they're useful

i even found the quote

Lethe: ...

Ike: You seem...depressed.

Lethe: Look at who I'm trapped with! Of course I am depressed... And keep your

worthless observations to yourself. All of you are so slow... I can't

believe you're still not ready.

Ike: Sorry about that. If we were like you and didn't need to carry anything,

it would be easier, but... We have weapons and things to get ready.

Lethe: Weapons of steel are a human weakness. Without them, you cannot fight

properly.

Ike: But... Lethe, you're carrying a dagger, aren't you? In the scabbard on

your leg?

Lethe: This...is not for fighting.

Ike: Then what's it for?

Lethe: I use it to remove small bones from meat. It can also cut fruit into

bite-sized pieces. It has proven quite useful.

Ike: Hmm...

Lethe: What? If you've got something to say, spit it out!

Ike: You despise beorc, but you don't mind beorc-crafted tools?

Lethe: If something's good, it's good. Denying something's obvious worth out

of petty spite is foolish. It's not that I... I do not despise

everything beorc. If every beorc could get along with us as well as you

do, I'm certain...

Ike: Lethe?

Lethe: This is a ridiculous conversation! I'm leaving now.

(Exit Lethe)

Ike: ...

We know that's what you were referring to.

Tibarn says: "Forgoing my laguz pride is not something I'm willing to do."

Lethe says: "Weapons are something that you powerless beorc created to counter our claws."

You (Xanatha) say: I think that's quite much the same. For a laguz to equipe a weapon = forgoing his laguz pride.

Notice how Lethe says "Weapons are something you powerless beorc created to COUNTER our claws"... As in, when she says that, she's talking about how Beorc use weapons to fight, meaning she won't use a Beorc weapon to fight others as she takes pride in her natural abilities. Like Chiki/Bianchi said, Chapter 10 has a convo between Ike and Lethe where she says she uses that knife she carries for cutting stuff and never for fighting.

True, Tibarn and other Laguz carry a dagger, but when the hell have you seen them use those in battle? Tibarn's got a frigging dagger with him and yet he decides to Falcon Punch enemies.

yeah, Lethe says that its degrading for a laguz to use weapons.

note the weapons

they don't mind using tools if they're useful

i even found the quote

Where did you find that quote? I was actually looking for it.

And fine. I guess that settles it... <_<