Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

7 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Current votes for each team:

Lucina 3,503,623,688             Sharena 1,338,515,813

Eirika 1,321,266,782               Elise 489,131,339

Ephraim 1,232,088,744          Leo 960,663,377

Chrom 968,876,948                Alfonse 255,544,885

Lol so many people wasting their flags. Do they realize that there are 3 rounds? Alfonse is sitting there struggling.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Current votes for each team:

Lucina 3,503,623,688             Sharena 1,338,515,813

Eirika 1,321,266,782               Elise 489,131,339

Ephraim 1,232,088,744          Leo 960,663,377

Chrom 968,876,948                Alfonse 255,544,885

Thanks for the info! I wonder how many flags have been spent on Sharena's Team to keep up against Lucina (I did not expect her to cross the 10 digits after such gap), and how many on Lucina's to win over Sharena by such a large margin.

Anyway, it appears Sharena is currently beating Eirika, who herself is beating Ephraim. I guess  Eirika/Ephraim/Chrom supporters are saving the flags unless they want to get into the highest ranks now, while Leo's ones are trying to keep it up and consuming all thir flags and Elise/Alfonse fans have given up...

6 minutes ago, Luxian said:

Anyway, it appears Sharena is currently beating Eirika, who herself is beating Ephraim. I guess  Eirika/Ephraim/Chrom supporters are saving the flags unless they want to get into the highest ranks now, while Leo's ones are trying to keep it up and consuming all their flags and Elise/Alfonse fans have given up...

I think this is the most accurate description of this poll that I have seen yet!!

10 minutes ago, Luxian said:

Thanks for the info! I wonder how many flags have been spent on Sharena's Team to keep up against Lucina (I did not expect her to cross the 10 digits after such gap), and how many on Lucina's to win over Sharena by such a large margin.

Anyway, it appears Sharena is currently beating Eirika, who herself is beating Ephraim. I guess  Eirika/Ephraim/Chrom supporters are saving the flags unless they want to get into the highest ranks now, while Leo's ones are trying to keep it up and consuming all thir flags and Elise/Alfonse fans have given up...

Man I'm hoping nobody putz their old awakening cartridges in cause chrome and Ephraim looks like it's gonna be a close one.

24 minutes ago, Luxian said:

I guess  Eirika/Ephraim/Chrom supporters are saving the flags unless they want to get into the highest ranks now, while Leo's ones are trying to keep it up and consuming all thir flags and Elise/Alfonse fans have given up...

That's what I'm doing. I haven't spent any of my flags for Eirika yet, she's practically tripling Elise. Gonna burn them all on that Lucina showdown.

I burned some flags in the early phase of the round, but after it was clear that Elise would lose, I started to save them for the last stand against the juggernaut Lucina.

Edited by Sartek

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Man I'm hoping nobody putz their old awakening cartridges in cause chrome and Ephraim looks like it's gonna be a close one.

I've been playing both Awakening and Sacred Stones since last week. Does it count? XD

Well, I hope not either. Statistically, most people who support an Awakening character are obviously already on Lucina side, so I hope we won't have to put much of a fight against Chrom (does he even have a large fanbase? I don't hear much about him these days). At best, Chrom and Ephraim fight fair and square, no flags, with maybe Alfonse, Elise and Sharena supporters might as well... tip the scales... At worst, both team consume all their flags and the battle tourney's winner is already decided. in between, there is the case one team is rash enough to consume all thier flags to support their character to win the second round and the other is wise enough to save the flags and accept one defeat in order to dethrone Lucina from her high horses, in which case, all hope is not lost, and all might ally under the winner's banner and use the remaining flags to win the tournament.

I really do sound like I want Lucina down, huh ? XD

47 minutes ago, Luxian said:

Pretty much. I'm in team Eirika and I don't see much point in wasting flags on this round.

Not sure if I'll use them next round or not....depends on if it looks like Eirika even has a shot.

Just now, Robert of Normandy said:

Pretty much. I'm in team Eirika and I don't see much point in wasting flags on this round.

Not sure if I'll use them next round or not....depends on if it looks like Eirika even has a shot.

Yeah, I'll gauge how many to use on how well she's doing, although I'll probably do the opposite. If it looks like she's winning, I'll save my flags for the finals. If she's losing, I'll burn them all to get as high a score as possible for the feathers.

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

Yeah, I'll gauge how many to use on how well she's doing, although I'll probably do the opposite. If it looks like she's winning, I'll save my flags for the finals. If she's losing, I'll burn them all to get as high a score as possible for the feathers.

I'll pretty much save my flags for whoever has the best chance of taking down Lucina....unless the final is Chrom vs Lucina.

2 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I'll pretty much save my flags for whoever has the best chance of taking down Lucina....unless the final is Chrom vs Lucina.

That reminded me of chrom's support conversation with Frederick when he said "Chrom wants you!" Ah memories XD

Yeah like, I've used quite a bit of flags on team Eirika but i just want to keep in the 1100 feather tier for ranks--but I should definitely have enough for the next round. It's not super necessary to put in so many since we're nearly triple our opponent's.

Jist a few more hours until it gets serious. All possible combinations have at least been considered or mentioned besides Chrom vs. Eirika, which is an unlikely combo. I still have this feeling that the awakening fanboys/girls might flock to chrom from their losing team, not to mention the other millions of people who might go lucina. The plot thickens.

Edited by Arcanite

I didn't realize that we only got limited flags at first, so I burned quite a few on Alfonse. Even when I figured out what the flags were for I considered using them all up on him anyway because YOLO, but I have about 270 saved up for Eirika when I'll inevitably have to go support her.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Jist a few more hours until it gets serious. All possible combinations have at least been considered or mentioned besides Chrom vs. Eirika, which is an unlikely combo. I still have this feeling that the awakening fanboys/girls might flock to chrom from their losing team, not to mention the other millions of people who might go lucina. The plot thickens.

Who knows, Fate may surprise us all and make that battle happen.

Anyway, I'm hoping the fights will be more..."on par". I hope I do not come as disrespectful towards those who are on the losing teams(Alfonse/Sharena/Elise/Leo), but these first rounds has been kind of boring due to the absurd vantage of the winning team, to be honest.

2 minutes ago, The Malign Knight said:

Anyway, I'm hoping the fights will be more..."on par". I hope I do not come as disrespectful towards those who are on the losing teams(Alfonse/Sharena/Elise/Leo), but these first rounds has been kind of boring due to the absurd vantage of the winning team, to be honest.

I think the next fights will be more interesting. The only match this round that was remotely close was Ephraim vs Leo. The next fights are Ephraim vs Chrom and Lucina vs Eirika, which will be much more interesting.

Hopefully people won't just bandwagon on to whoever they think the winning team will be. As far as I can tell, there's very little tangible reward for being on the winning team vs being on the losing team, but I think there were a lot of people who didn't realize that this round.

Just now, The Malign Knight said:

Leo and Ephraim only had a 20 million gap at first which was/is the closest matchup. Team Ephraim was able to close the gap steadily, which will make for a very salty crowd of Leos. It looks like the only crowd support team Ephraim will get is from Alfonse which probably won't be enough for the flock of chroms/leos. I'd guess 25%of Sharena will go to Lucina, 55% will go to eirika, and 20% will go to Ephraim which is scary for us. Round 2 is gonna be very interesting. There shouldn't be any blowouts . . . . . To the animal sacrifice altar we go!

4 minutes ago, The Malign Knight said:

Hey, at least Ephraim and Leo are sort of close.... 300 million is a close margin, right? Right?

Yeah, first round has been kind of boring, but I'm really scared for round two, at least for Ephraim vs. Chrom. Chrom beat Ephraim in the popularity poll, but Ephraim might be able to pull the support from some of the Sharena and Alphonse teams. As for Eirika vs Lucina... Lucina's more likely than not going to win, but it'll be interesting to see the kind of fight Eirika's team manages to muster up.

10 minutes ago, The Malign Knight said:

To be fair, I am surprised by how well Sharena is doing in terms of individual point totals. Yeah, I expected her to lose to Lucina and badly, but I didn't think she'd end up having the second most points out of all characters. I also thought that it'd be possible for Ephraim to lose to Leo, considering how much people seem to love Leo even if they don't like Fates.

Edited by Sunwoo

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

To be fair, I am surprised by how well Sharena is doing in terms of individual point totals. Yeah, I expected her to lose to Lucina and badly, but I didn't think she'd end up having the second most points out of all characters. I also thought that it'd be possible for Ephraim to lose to Leo, considering how much people seem to love Leo even if they don't like Fates.

I thought that might be the case as well, but then I remembered that a lot of Leo fans are also Lucina fans, and they probably decided to bet on the winning horse. Which sucks because Leo is actually better written as a character IMO.

I think a bit of the fear that "everyone will jump on the winning team that is Lucina" is a bit overblown. You can only see your own fights score unless you are checking out some place like this, and most causal players won't be. The Team Sharena's that want to win might switch to Lucina (unless they are salty and going to others), but most people from team Leo/Alphonse/Elise won't actually know about how much of a landslide Lucina is winning with.

I mean, I still think Lucina will win from sheer popularity what with the polls and all, but I don't think she'll get that many more supporters just because she has a good score. 

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The hatedom for Awakening and Lucina is quite large, I won't be surprised if they just rallied behind Sharena just purely out of spite for Lucina and 3DS FE game. Truly, Serenes Forest might be the only place we Awakening fans can seek refuge (though I doubt we're seem that much better anyway).

Yeah I used more flags then necessary for this current Eirika vs Elise round but once we are up against Lucina, I'll still have about 300 left so gonna probably blow them all then even though our chances seem to be slim.

Edited by hunty