Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

1 minute ago, escotanner said:

No there was a problem with the arena and they sent out the orbs as some sort of apology/appreciation while they work on the issue.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I agree. The only possible way team Ephraim can win is if chrom and eirika join us for finals, and why would chrom join us if he can get carried by his daughter?

That's for the arena screw ups. We're still getting 20 orbs

Ah I see, I read about that but it didn't click to me till now. Then it begs the question when will we got those rewards gauntlet reward since I thought you get them after each round. I guess we'll get them after the event is over.

12 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Currently rank 6 in team Ephraim right now with 104,720 points.

I'm mostly doing this because the salty Chrom fans on other sites are starting to hurl insults, and I'm not going to let them get the last laugh.

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

There's a few on Reddit right now. One of them has already made about 20 posts in the past few hours just to insult Ephraim. 

I'm all for friendly trash talk, but insulting others is going too far.

Some people are taking popularity contest way to seriously... Granted it's like this on every popularity contest. Although I have to say do enjoy reading some of those salty comments.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, FoliFF said:

Ah I see, I read about that but it didn't click to me till now. Then it begs the question when will we got those rewards gauntlet reward since I thought you get them after each round. I guess we'll get them after the event is over.

Some people are taking popularity contest way to seriously... Granted it's like this on every popularity contest. Although I have to say do enjoy reading some of those salty comments.

You get them when it's all over.

18 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Currently rank 6 in team Ephraim right now with 104,720 points.

I'm mostly doing this because the salty Chrom fans on other sites are starting to hurl insults, and I'm not going to let them get the last laugh.

Sorry for my team's insults. I honestly don't like Ephraim as a character but don't see the point to be rude for a fun contest like this. I don't frequent other sites but that's still got to suck to see. Why so serious?

I spent too many flags against Alfonse to get the army ranking feathers. Mistake considering the position Chrom/Ephraim is in. Oh well. That's a lesson for next time.

While I'm bandwaggoning to Team Lucina should Chrom lose, I do like her enough to support. I just might not have flags to climb the ranks--though I already collected my fair share just from the Alfonse fight. There's comfort in that.

really loved this voting gauntlet. Helps with quests, doesn't cut into stamina, short timer, leniency on deaths, another method to get feathers. The whole shebang. I was wary at first about borrowing other people's units. I'm having a blast borrowing good units and thinking how to win with what I got. It might be much to make this more than once a month, but I'd love for it to be a monthly thing. Not to mention that I got to see my 4* Chrom in action and theorize good teammates for him. Sadly, he struggles a bit facing off against high leveled 5*s, but he was bulky and a good distraction. I sometimes could work his slowness in my favor for more Sol procs. S'all good.

15 minutes ago, escotanner said:

Those guys are jerks. They should remember that this is a game and that this is just to have fun.

I know not all of them are like that, and this kind of event was bound to cause some salt anyways. (still not letting them win though)

At least this site is mostly free of such behaviour, though there was some harassment earlier.

I'm still having fun with the event though. The added tension of a close fight makes it more exciting than last round's quadruple curbstomp 

Edited by Korath88

I haven't use any of my flags. I'll wait and see how Ephraim is faring against Chrom tomorrow and if its still really close, I'll use some of them. I'm a bit sad that they haven't decided to extend the orb milestones again but 20 orbs is more then generous, especially since we got 5 free orbs today.

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

I haven't use any of my flags. I'll wait and see how Ephraim is faring against Chrom tomorrow and if its still really close, I'll use some of them. I'm a bit sad that they haven't decided to extend the orb milestones again but 20 orbs is more then generous, especially since we got 5 free orbs today.

I'm doing exactly what you're doing with regards to flags.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

By that logic, every Awakening character should be that popular then, and Lyn should be less popular. Yet that isn't the case.

Regardless, I will NEVER support her.

There are outliers existed, but Awakening characters, the most popular game has  occupy 7/20 spot total of the top 10s for male&female more than other games. Even more spots if it goes in the top 20s. Even suppose hated character like Nowi and Tharja rank better than your average FE characters. 

Don't support Lucina? Cool! I supported Ike, I am gonna enjoy best of the both world. Cheer :D

Just now, IMCasual said:

There are outliers existed, but Awakening characters, the most popular game has  occupy 7/20 spot total of the top 10s for male&female more than other games. Even more spots if it goes in the top 20s. Even suppose hated character like Nowi and Tharja rank better than your average FE characters. 

Don't support Lucina? Cool! I supported Ike, I am gonna enjoy best of the both world. Cheer :D

Your name is I'm casual but the stuff you say is quite contrary XD. Nevertheless, as you could see from Ephraim vs. Leo. The spot on the polls is irrelevant to the battle.

I'm using my flags bit by bit for Chrom.

In the end, Lucina will stomp everything, but it is interesting to see how the final theme will turn out. Will it be a parent and child battle or will it be a brother's desire for revenge since his sister got rekted hard.

If it turns to be Chrom v Lucina, I'm inserting his Smash line.

Edited by pianime94

2 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

In the end, Lucina will stomp everything, but it is interesting to see how the final theme will turn out. Will it be a parent and child battle or will it be a brother's desire for revenge since his sister got rekted hard.

If Ephraim falls, I'm going Chrom in the finals. Though I really hope he doesn't. Can't let the beating Erika is getting go unchallenged. That goes against all of Ephraim's manly bravado!

1 minute ago, pianime94 said:

#Team Incest vs. #TeamTimeTravelers will definitely be more of a stomp out than Dada vs. BabyGurl. If Ephraim loses, I'm looking to see if chrom is in the lead. If he's trailing I'll be forced to dump my flags into him. I actually have a level 40 4 star chrom too. But Ephraim doesn't look malignant in this game so I went to him instead. 

40 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

There's a few on Reddit right now. One of them has already made about 20 posts in the past few hours just to insult Ephraim. 

I'm all for friendly trash talk, but insulting others is going too far.

Out of morbid curiosity, could give me a link to the insulting posts? Particularly the one that made 20 posts. I have a fascination for this sort of behavior.

Also this makes me wonder how would Lucina fans would react if she was losing.

Edited by Water Mage

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Your name is I'm casual but the stuff you say is quite contrary XD. Nevertheless, as you could see from Ephraim vs. Leo. The spot on the polls is irrelevant to the battle.

Honesty Lucina in this battle will cannibalize other 3DS character's votes just by being there. Chrom and Leo will fend better had Lucina not been in the picture. 

My first FE is SS (though I like Eliwood game better), so you will think that I should go for teamincest but Lucina had converted me to the church of Lucina and finally a full casual. I skipped PoD/RD during my high school as I am hugely into anime and seem how bad the dub is and how 90s the visual is. Currently forcing myself through though. God I wish I could found the Japanese version.

Edited by IMCasual

3 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Out of morbid curiosity, could give me a link to the insulting posts? Particularly the one that made 20 posts. I have a fascination for this sort of behavior.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5ydw39/lets_go_chromrades_no_holding_back/?sort=controversial

You'll know who I'm talking about when you see it. Granted, I may have overreacted a little, but it's still annoying.

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I'd probably type something along the lines of 'We did not foresee this!' or 'Lucina has changed a doomed future before!  She can do it again!' followed by something inspirational such as 'We can do it!' with a picture of a happy Lucina added to encourage the troops.

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5ydw39/lets_go_chromrades_no_holding_back/?sort=controversial

You'll know who I'm talking about when you see it. Granted, I may have overreacted a little, but it's still annoying.

The only down votes I seem are Ephraim's supporters trying to convince Chrom's supporters to join them against Lucina in a Chrom rallying thread. 

8 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I like how they're still losing 

Actually I'm now interested how the Japanese people are taking Chrom v Ephraim and compared it to here in the west. Especially since some of them can get very livid during popularity contest.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I like how they're still losing 

They did close the gap by about 1 million points just now though. I'll be going to bed in an hour, hope I don't wake up to Chrom in the lead.

Edited by Korath88

9 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I see who the guy is, and his behavior kinda baffles me. Why is he 100% sure that Ephraim "screwed" Eirika? And apparently he looks down on Ephraim for killing Lyon, and says that Chrom is the better protagonist because he wouldn't want to kill Lyon and would actually save him. This guy doesn't get the point of the story's tragedy, does he?

14 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I was caught off guard from the first popularity poll. I didn't voted Lucina because I thought for sure she will take first place. We won't be cocky this time. I will be salty for sure if she lose again.

If Ephraim can maintain the lead, I won't have to use any of my 1000 flags. I want to save as many as possible for the finals if/when we make it.

2 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

Actually I'm now interested how the Japanese people are taking Chrom v Ephraim and compared it to here in the west. Especially since some of them can get very livid during popularity contest.

We'll ride their passion to victory! Or, at least someone will.

Well, I have a level 5 4* -Atk Eirika all ready to go!  What could possibly go wrong?

This is freaking hilarious.  I never had a brother, but apparently, you DO NOT mess with Ephraim's sister, he will wreck you!

Spoiler

First, my Eirika a lowly 4*.

Fire%20Emblem%20Heroes_2017-03-09-08-02-

Oh, no Robin here has WTA on our poor princess.  Is it over for our unfortunate Eirika?

Then overprotective brother comes in.

For the record, the enemies were levels 7, 8, and 9.

This was glorious!

@Arcanite Your boy crashed my party.

Edited by Rezzy

Welp, I wake up and Lucina hit 1.6 billion. That was fast.

Given the mathematical improbability of catching up, it's time to dump all my flags into Eirika because only she deserves them all. (plus ranking is hard af in Lucina's team anyway, why bother)