Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

To be honest, I thought Ephraim would have stomped Chrom to the ground in round two. True that Chrom comes from a modern fan game, but I would have thought the nostalgia and older crowd would have dug Chrom his grave.

I'm not salty or anything from losing. It was a good match. Tip my hat to the winner--but I joined the daughter. I legitimately like her a bit. In a way, I'm okay with having spent all my flags during Chrom's campaign. It put me higher in the total ranking. And now I don't have to keep swapping to Chrom--though it was fun theorizing what units would be good with him.

... though I realized too late that you don't have to set the leftmost team first slot to the unit you want to play as. All those times I swapped M!Robin and Chrom might have cost me (unknown) defense wins. Haha.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the main issue is that Lucina's victories have been so overwhelming she's never really had to truly touch her flags. There were no close calls that required a massive drop of flags from her. Even I have 1100 in stock, having only spent 5s so far for a bit of ranking earlier. Now that there's no reason to really hold the flags in reserve anymore, she has kind of become nigh-untouchable. I don't even think most of her flags are being used yet, the last several hours will probably see a sharp spike because I know at least i'm reserving them for that occasion.

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I think the main issue is that Lucina's victories have been so overwhelming she's never really had to truly touch her flags. There were no close calls that required a massive drop of flags from her. Even I have 1100 in stock, having only spent 5s so far for a bit of ranking earlier. Now that there's no reason to really hold the flags in reserve anymore, she has kind of become nigh-untouchable. I don't even think most of her flags are being used yet, the last several hours will probably see a sharp spike because I know at least i'm reserving them for that occasion.

Which basically means that she crushed Sharena and Eirika without even trying, while they were spending all their flags just trying to catch up. I actually want IntSys to release statistics on how many members there were on each team just to see how one-sided this competition was.

It's almost embarrassing how one-sided this competition is. Next time, let's put Lucina against Ike and Lyn since they are likely the only characters in all of FE overrated enough to come close to beating Lucina. (There's that word again, "overrated", but I'm using it anyway.)

12 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I didn't voted Lucina in Choose your Legend Poll because I think she will be guaranteed to take first place. Nope she took second. I am a bit paranoid that the anti-Lucina rallying will get her to lose again so I joined her army. Overwhelmingly crushing the opposition. Funny how that played out lol. 

Edited by IMCasual

8 minutes ago, IMCasual said:

I didn't voted Lucina in Choose your Legend Poll because I think she will be guaranteed to take first place. Nope she took second. I am a bit paranoid that the anti-Lucina rallying will get her to lose again so I joined her army. Overwhelming crushing the opposition. Funny how that played out lol. 

Well, I mainly voted Roy and Tiki there because I figured Lucina was already super popular from appearing in Smash Bros (The guys have competition but Lucina is the only female there so I figured she'd be okay). Yeah, Lyn surprisingly turned out to be way more popular than her quite amazingly. I was mostly concerned with special hero variations of Roy and Tiki though, mainly because I'm really interested in seeing the hypothetical Manakete Roy (That might happen if he won) and I wasn't sure if both Young and Adult Tiki were going to appear in the game (I figured if she won maybe it'd  guarantee both of their appearances, but it was pointless in the end since they both appeared anyway).

And yeah, we're practically 1:4 now. Even I'm surprised how badly we're winning, considering I haven't blown a single one of my 1100 flags yet. How much do you have left btw?

Edited by Ryu Yuki

6 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Well, I mainly voted Roy and Tiki there because I figured Lucina was already super popular from appearing in Smash Bros (The guys have competition but Lucina is the only female there so I figured she'd be okay). Yeah, Lyn surprisingly turned out to be way more popular than her quite amazingly. I was mostly concerned with special hero variations of Roy and Tiki though, mainly because I'm really interested in seeing the hypothetical Manakete Roy (That might happen if he won) and I wasn't sure if both Young and Adult Tiki were going to appear in the game (I figured if she won maybe it'd  guarantee both of their appearances, but it was pointless in the end since they both appeared anyway).

And yeah, we're practically 1:4 now. Even I'm surprised how badly we're winning, considering I haven't blown a single one of my 1100 flags yet. How much do you have left btw?

My flags went all toward fighting against Eirika because I thought only female character can pull up a better fight against Lucina. My ranks are dropping like crazy now, just how many are holding their flags for this round...

I just woke up and saw the score so far. I couldn't stop laughing after that...

I might have saved too many flags for the last round. Or America has yet to wake up and spend theirs. I'm in the top 500 Ephraim players right now which probably means I scored too low in the first two rounds. I might end up at around rank 20K for the cummilative this way.

6 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

I might have saved too many flags for the last round. Or America has yet to wake up and spend theirs. I'm in the top 500 Ephraim players right now which probably means I scored too low in the first two rounds. I might end up at around rank 20K for the cummilative this way.

Yeah, I probably should've saved my flags considering how much you get in this round (1000 just for being in the army)

Rip ephraim

rest in peace sweet prince

you can't win the match but you can win the glory

twas a good fight

but

we can make it better

Fight for the legion till the end

ephraim is still alive sorta

we will turn that "still alive sorta" into a "yep he's alive and kicking and stuff"

for the glory of sweet daddy ephraim

even if you have no flags like me

fight on for precious ephraim the good boy

oh yeah uh go Lucina too, woo sportsmanship 

Damn it, I should have done one or two more matches for Ephraim before I went to sleep.

I knew he won even before getting the feathers from the win, because right before that I saw I had dropped to rank 5008. Everyone must have splurged flags because that's a loss of like 2000 ranks for me.

Anyway, my hat is off to Lucina and congratulations on the win, it's a bit early but we all know how it's gonna go anyway.

Also I am so proud of everyone in the Chrom camp, such a fantastic battle! All I want from FE Warriors know is some form of support between Chrom and Ephraim, because it's my new BroTP now.

3 minutes ago, tailfin said:

Current score is 2.3 billion versus 687 million. Man, even Sharena and Eirika fared better.

No one really cares anymore. Keep your gloating to yourself, I know you don't like Ephraim, but please stop shoving it in our faces.

2 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

Also I am so proud of everyone in the Chrom camp, such a fantastic battle! All I want from FE Warriors know is some form of support between Chrom and Ephraim, because it's my new BroTP now.

Oh man, after that I would LOVE some interaction between them in some dlc mission or an actual fight in the story XD

1 minute ago, Thany said:

Oh man, after that I would LOVE some interaction between them in some dlc mission or an actual fight in the story XD

I know Samurai Warriors have what is basically supports and Warriors Orochi at least had relationship values (even if it only resulted in like 5 line dialogue). Best would of course be if they get a story map together, but that might be hoping for too much. And I'm not really doubting Ephraim will be in the game, he's a rare lord that doesn't use swords and they're gonna want some weapon differences.

I think also because most guys from Chrom went over to Lucina since it's obvious she will win because you know free feathers, people are greedy after all. While I've been on #TeamLucina from round 1 it was actually fun to watch the Chrom vs Ephraim battling for days.

I for one have now learned that I should saved my flags for the finals seeing that you're getting the double the amount of feathers. I'm currently within 5k-10k bracket from spending my remaining 400 flags. I doubt however by the end of the round I'll be top 100k to get those extra feathers :/

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I feel like nobody's bothering to do battles for Ephraim because they think he'll lose anyway. But don't people want the feathers?

Remember how many People used all their feathers to defeat Chrom, You only get 110 points max every 30 min... So little of ephraims army have leftover flags from that brutal battle. Its just small because theres so little people with enough flags.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I feel like nobody's bothering to do battles for Ephraim because they think he'll lose anyway. But don't people want the feathers?

I agree. We had higher resistance to Chrom by now. But at least I can get Gordin to five star!

Spoiler

Here he isIMG_0045.thumb.JPG.5d9bcc3f7c56306f62a0ab00c91643c1.JPG

Edited by InigoPadalin

Just now, Thany said:

Remember how many People used all their feathers to defeat Chrom, You only get 110 points max every 30 min... So little of ephraims army have leftover flags from that brutal battle. Its just small because theres so little people with enough flags.

I heard about the whole Ephraim vs Chrom thing. Props to Team Ephraim for sticking it through.

1 minute ago, Thany said:

You mean they used flags, you don't use feathers here. :P But yeah, it's probably that too. It's sad that Lucina's going to win, but oh well. We should have better winners in the future!

I think the huge lead Lucina had can probably be explained by most Lucina member not using the flags and probably a lot of member of team Chrom and Eirika joining just because they want to join the winning team.

Add that the battle with Chrom cost Ephraim a lot of flags and it's understandable that it's currently this one-sided. (unless there's a group of Ephraim supporters that have been hoarding the flags and will wait until near the end of the round to use them all and surprise everyone)