Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though the amount of players in each army has risen enourmeously so the amount of investment needed to get those upper rankings will have increased by a lot. Especially with Lucina who has likely consumed most of Chrom and Eirika's armies.

The amount of points that would guaratee a top 10K spot in previous battles might not even be enough for top 30K now.

Still doubling the points is a BS move.

23 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The way you speak of this it's almost as if you're that one person

Shh, don't let them on to me. It's state secret.

Meanwhile, I almost feel bad for Ephraim now. 

2 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Shh, don't let them on to me. It's state secret.

Meanwhile, I almost feel bad for Ephraim now. 

Don't. We fought the best battles, earned our victories and actually had a lot of fun while doing it. Can team Lucina say the same?

Everyone on team Ephraim right now knows what they signed up for, as Lucina already won before the gauntlet even began. Losing now means nothing to us. The fact that we made it to the finals, beating newer fan favourites along the way is good enough for us.

Enjoy your free 500 feathers

I, on the other hand, am merely contrary. (Backed Alfonse, Eirika, and Ephraim even though I have a Lucina and neither of the twins.)

24 minutes ago, Sarracenia said:

I'm in first place with at least 55 other players.  This is wonderful!~

#Lucina

Same. I will forever cherish this moment. Didn't save all my flags (maybe used 300?)...but I think that left me with more than enough to get a decent score in the final round.

9 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Don't. We fought the best battles, earned our victories and actually had a lot of fun while doing it. Can team Lucina say the same?

Everyone on team Ephraim right now knows what they signed up for, as Lucina already won before the gauntlet even began. Losing now means nothing to us. The fact that we made it to the finals, beating newer fan favourites along the way is good enough for us.

Implying Lucina supporters can't have alt account supporting Chrom (like me) and enjoying the fight like you did. I will always have the best of both world, the fun of absolute domination and the fun of tight race. So yeah I am having a lot of fun.

This also proved that the choose your Legend poll meant nothing, Chrom was rank way higher than Ephraim yet he still lost to him in a tight battle. A lot of people keep saying had Ike or Lyn been in the gauntlet, they will beaten Lucina. The game been out for longer now, with more players, next Lyn/Ike vs Lucina wont be the same as before. I wholeheartedly awaited our revenge. 

Team Lucina fighting!

Edited by IMCasual

33 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Leaving aside any implications about Lucina players or broad absolute generalizations about both sides. While you still of course get to be proud of your achievements, the circumstances and context of the gauntlet still apply. (Lucina hogging so many people, many of which who's votes likely would favour newer fan favourites and by my remembering Sharena was the second biggest draw for the first round taking more people who might have voted for a fan favorite, most likely affected things) 

^ the general point applies for that too, this isn't the same circumstances as the choose your hero poll, far from it really. 

Edited by goodperson707

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Not to mention... Who said curbstomping wasn't fun? :)

Its only fun for a while untill it gets boring waiting for the next round to start.

Its just unfortunate this ending had to be bland after that exciting match with chrom.

4 minutes ago, Thany said:

Its only fun for a while untill it gets boring waiting for the next round to start.

Its just unfortunate this ending had to be bland after that exciting match with chrom.

If Lucina is the one getting BTFO'd, I am sure a lot of people here won't be thinking the match is boring. :P

Just now, IMCasual said:

If Lucina is the one getting BTFO'd, I am sure a lot of people here won't be thinking the match is boring. :P

Some would Think that after the close match that was Chrom,

It would also imply she wouldn't of had such a huge amount of people with her to be a target.

I just get up from bed, GG Team Chrom, that was a hell of a fight. Stressful to the end.

Edit : I like this pic :

4 hours ago, Hardy said:

Good fight

17022367_1796086160653707_3932547987048520359_n.jpg

Edited by Ledrert

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

Thanks! You're actually a pretty good sport about it. I would say Lucina did earn her victory through her own popularity, since that is explicitly one of the factors involved here, but it's true you guys got the best battle. Even I'm a tad bit jealous about that. Chrom vs Ephraim really blew away all expectations, and I applaud you all for that. I do want Lucina to win no matter what, and in a way I'm glad she's doing so well, but it is rather dull that no one can challenge her. I was hoping for a slightly better match where me playing every 30 minutes and spending flags would make a meaningful difference, but alas that's not happening. It doesn't really feel as engaging as the match you had, where I checked your scores every hour. So in a way, you guys are the true winners.

But I signed up on Team Lucina not because I want free feathers, but because I legitimately like her. The 500 free feathers are nice yes and I will totally enjoy them, but I can confidently say I would be here regardless of whether she was the most popular or the least popular. I'm glad she's winning and it's much better than seeing her lose, but I will admit there's a lack of satisfaction in an effortless victory. I want to support her, and I'm pretty happy over here, but you guys did get my blood flowing for a bit with that match. I felt bad for Ephraim because I really did wish we could have a more exciting match (That wasn't sarcasm, I legit feel that way).

Edited by Ryu Yuki

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Thanks! You're actually a pretty good sport about it. I would say Lucina did earn her victory through her own popularity, since that is explicitly one of the factors involved here, but it's true you guys got the best battle. Even I'm a tad bit jealous about that. Chrom vs Ephraim really blew away all expectations, and I applaud you all for that. I do want Lucina to win no matter what, and in a way I'm glad she's doing so well, but it is rather dull that no one can challenge her. I was hoping for a slightly better match where me playing every 30 minutes and spending flags would make a meaningful difference, but alas that's not happening. It doesn't really feel as engaging as the match you had, where I checked your scores every hour. So in a way, you guys are the true winners.

But I signed up on Team Lucina not because I want free feathers, but because I legitimately like her. The 500 free feathers are nice yes and I will totally enjoy them, but I can confidently say I would be here regardless of whether she was the most popular or the least popular. I'm glad she's winning and it's much better than seeing her lose, but I will admit there's a lack of satisfaction in an effortless victory. I want to support her, and I'm pretty happy over here, but you guys did get my blood boiling for a bit with that match. I felt bad for Ephraim because I really did wish we could have a more exciting match (That wasn't sarcasm, I legit feel that way).

Lucina supporters are mostly silence majority, I genuinely feel happy seeing people liking her and posting good things about about her after all the vocal hates she been getting in the internet. This make me a happy Lucina's fan. :D

Tbh, the only person who can even challenge Lucina is Lyn. Even Ike will get roflstomped by Lucina ( or even Lyn, for that matter ). But I wouldn't mind if Lyn or Lucina won. =)

7 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

But I signed up on Team Lucina not because I want free feathers, but because I legitimately like her. The 500 free feathers are nice yes and I will totally enjoy them, but I can confidently say I would be here regardless of whether she was the most popular or the least popular. I'm glad she's winning and it's much better than seeing her lose, but I will admit there's a lack of satisfaction in an effortless victory. I want to support her, and I'm pretty happy over here, but you guys did get my blood flowing for a bit with that match. I felt bad for Ephraim because I really did wish we could have a more exciting match (That wasn't sarcasm, I legit feel that way).

I don't hate Lucina at all, and I honestly, I hope this event doesn't cause more people to hate her. I don't mind losing this round as it's only 500 feathers, and as a round 1 team Ephraim supporter, I have already gotten 1000 feathers through victory rewards.

However, it's just not exciting to play when there's no risk of losing or no chance of winning. I'm only still playing for the rank rewards now. Hopefully they will give us better matchups next time.

Also, some people earlier seem to have mistaken my post for salt. Well, I'm not salty in the slightest, the score was to be expected anyways.

I'm too busy being contrary to be salty.

If there's anything at all that I'm salty about, it's that I got to try out all sorts of interesting characters that I haven't had the luck to pull, and I haven't pulled them yet. Finally got a chance to try out a Sakura for the first time ever, and I've been trying to get her since release day! That said, I did get a Nino (under the princess banner trying to pull for Eirika) and she was one of the ones I've been wanting because of this gauntlet. And I got to try Lumi's super OP Ryouma while we were both on team Eirika.

Man such an anti-climatic end but still a blast to play through. I absolutely loved this event and the tight round between Ephraim and Chrom was a blast to just play, we all knew Lucina was going to win but hoped that somehow someone would stop her, still don't mind. I had fun playing as round 1 Ephraim supporter and am just gonna play in order to get a high enough rank for the last extra feathers.

I'm even more excited for future gauntlets which are less one-sided. The chrom v. Ephraim fight shows how fun and epic fights can be if it's close and in the end all appreciate that its's a game, both teams tried their best. Hope that in the future gauntlet there'll be fights like this, on both sides and hopefully the finals. For the future.

The one thing that I'm worried about for future gauntlets, aside from one-sided matchups is that with the knowledge that rank rewards for the finals are doubled, who would be willing to spend flags in the first 2 rounds?

49 minutes ago, IMCasual said:

Lucina supporters are mostly silence majority, I genuinely feel happy seeing people liking her and posting good things about about her after all the vocal hates she been getting in the internet. This make me a happy Lucina's fan. :D

Yeah, I've seen a lot passive-aggressive remarks toward her. I can somewhat understand, as the Voting Gauntlet was more or less decided the instant she was one of its candidates. It deprived the other characters of a fair chance, and even I doubt her inclusion there was a good idea at all. But I really do love her and decided to support her even with all the vocal hate and the fact it was an easy mode out to the tournament. While I question her inclusion, I will side with her as long as she's there at all, and I'm pretty proud of that. I don't think it's a reason to dislike her at all, and it does please me a lot to see other Lucina supporters here.

40 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I don't hate Lucina at all, and I honestly, I hope this event doesn't cause more people to hate her. I don't mind losing this round as it's only 500 feathers, and as a round 1 team Ephraim supporter, I have already gotten 1000 feathers through victory rewards.

However, it's just not exciting to play when there's no risk of losing or no chance of winning. I'm only still playing for the rank rewards now. Hopefully they will give us better matchups next time.

Also, some people earlier seem to have mistaken my post for salt. Well, I'm not salty in the slightest, the score was to be expected anyways.

Same here, I hope it doesn't devolve into that. I can admit that her inclusion probably is rather unfair to everyone else, but it still hurts when people become overly harsh on her. And yeah, honestly speaking, I would give up 500 feathers in a heartbeat if I could be part of such a close and exciting match like you were. Of course I'd want to win, but having the satisfaction of knowing that blowing through my flags and spamming battles constantly were invaluable to my team's success is practically priceless. 500 feathers is something I can easily get anytime by scrapping three 3*s which are dirt common. Right now, I can put practically zero effort and never do a single battle, but still win overwhelmingly without the slightest fear of losing. It's hard to gain motivation and feel like I'm truly part of the team. You guys really did amazing, and I can definitely understand that sentiment of yours. (Supporting waifu takes precedence over an exciting battle for me, though)

And don't worry, you didn't come off as salty. In fact I was the one worried that I was mistaken for looking down on Ephraim.

EDIT: Also, I'd totally spend flags in the first two rounds if it would make the difference in whether my team wins or not. Especially if it was Tiki, I'd blow everything without the slightest concern about my rank or rewards.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

48 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Hi. Ex-Team Leo and Team Ephraim here. That was a great fight in round 2. Best thing about this gauntlet tbh. It made me stay up till 3am in fear of losing the lead lol.

But now its just a bore. I don't hate lucina and shes actually my daughter but the currently round is just giving me negative thoughts. I know it's wrong and unfair but damn. T.T

rip Ephraim. you tried. The next best thing i got from this is i started playing sacred stones.

Like i always say to myself. Lucina may have won the battle, but we won the glory.