Question 1

If I managed to roll one of the followings:

Takumi

Klein

Kagero 

Which hero of mine should be swap out? 

And why? 

It depends on which character you get.

If you roll Takumi or Klein, I would get rid of Julia because you already have a magic user, and even though you have two lance users, they're some of the best lance users in the game.

If you roll Kagero, I would get rid of Azura. Even though she's really good, you already have two lance users, and Effie's stats are amazing. Combined with Kagero's ability to lower your opponent's stats, you'd be unstoppable.

1 hour ago, AkiraAsukai said:

Question 2

If I were to replace Julia with Nino,  will hone atk stack with Sanaki's? 

But then again,  I really appreciate Julia's skill as I don't have any healer.  

I would swap Julia with Nino, as he is one of the best green magic users in the game. But I encourage you to get a healer, which you will  most likely roll because they are colorless too.

Hope this helps.

Takumi

Klein

Kagero 

Those are funny ways to spell "Robin".

In all seriousness, if your problem is dealing with Takumi, then the answer is to get someone that can deal with Takumi and not just get Takumi. Kagero, Robin, and Reinhardt are probably the best Takumi killers out there, and all three of them are useful for other tasks. I actually ended up dropping Takumi from my team for Reinhardt, in part for the season bonus, but also because Reinhardt actually kills things whereas Takumi was only cleaning up after my other characters or killing flyers.

If you pull Takumi, Klein, or Kagero (or Reinhardt), I'd probably replace Azura. You wouldn't be able to replace Effie because she is your only physical tank, and Julia and Sanaki are needed to check specific enemies (Julia prevents you from being wiped by Linde and Reinhardt, Sanaki prevents you from being wiped by Nino and Julia).

If you pull Robin, it's a bit of a toss-up between Azura and Effie. Robin is capable of being a physical tank against red and colorless, but can't really tank blue, and definitely cannot tank green.

No. The highest buff overwrites smaller buffs. Note that this only applies to "through next action" buffs and not "during combat" buffs. "During combat" buffs will stack with all other buffs (including buffs of the same type), if I recall correctly.

7 hours ago, AkiraAsukai said:

Effie (-spd,  +res) 

Azure (-res, +hp) 

Julia (-hp, + res) 

Sanaki ( -res, +spd) 

Everytime when I'm in the arena facing Takumi,  he always kill 2-3 of my characters before dying.  So I told myself.. Enough is enough!  It is time to get myself a takumi destroyer or Takumi itself. 

Question 1

If I managed to roll one of the followings:

Takumi

Klein

Kagero 

Which hero of mine should be swap out? 

And why? 

Question 2

But then again,  I really appreciate Julia's skill as I don't have any healer.  

If you got Klein or Kagero, personally I would get rid of Effie. Azura already destroys reds by herself, and a dancer + (sanaki buff optional) + Kagero/Klein will easily mop up any remaining reds if Azura gets too low to clean up.

Yeah, Effie has the best BST of all your characters, so having her on the team will make you have a bigger arena score, but, personally, I think you'd be better off making a team that has a easier/more pleasant time winning. Effie's 1 movement means a lot of your turns would be move effie, (dance her), move again, end turn. Moreover, she doesn't even add anything too interesting to your team---again, Azura has reds covered, and Klein/Kagero/Sanaki can all help if she gets too low---except maybe taking 1 initial hit for when the AI decides to sit still until you walk something into attack range (arena AI doesn't do this, so full glass cannon builds like Azura + 3 ranged will work as long as you position properly).

This will make your team incredibly offensive, however, so you'll need to take a lot of care when positioning, but once you get used to the team it should be pretty easy to win a lot of maps without taking more than minor chip damage.

If you got Takumi, I would still replace Effie, but for a different reason. Takumi would take Effie's role of tank a hit, hit back for harder, except do it better (often doubles, 1-2 range on the counter).

This might be just because I prefer having a easy time---for now---over having an optimal time. (Optimal being 3-4 hectors (some of the highest BST) + someone to deal with something hectors can't. Though I imagine 4 hectors can walk over a lot of things simply via stacking goad armor.)

Edited by DehNutCase

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

No. The highest buff overwrites smaller buffs. Note that this only applies to "through next action" buffs and not "during combat" buffs. "During combat" buffs will stack with all other buffs (including buffs of the same type), if I recall correctly.

Ah if that's the case,  I'm keeping Julia.  Lol!  Is my boon/bane considered as decent? I couldn't find any information about Julia's ideal IV Set. 

My Julia is  (-hp, + res) 

She already has high base Res and not to mention,  res buff.  So I am not sure if +res is necessary for her.  Lol

Keep in mind that once the Skill Inheritance is out, you'll probably see Takumi + Vantage everywhere as Gordin can pass it to him.

That pretty much kills your three listed options (haven't mathed out the Klein versions vs Takumi versions, so he might be in the running still with the right IVs. But Takumi vs Takumi is always tricky before factoring in Vantage). Male!Robin is barely holding on as it is against that (Goes from "almost any IV" to "pretty needs to be +Speed or +Def, can't be -Attack and ideally not -HP) and really needs to plan it out well due to Vengeance. You need somebody who can drop a 1SK on Takumi, or barely take any damage.

The other problem with farming greys is.... outside of 3 specific ones for general use (the ones you have listed), and one or two for skill inheritance.... they range from "meh" to "Horrible because its a healer and healers are no use in the higher arena range which is a range you'll hit rocking all 5*s. Also wasting a 5* summon on a healer feels horrible."

Edited by TheNiddo

58 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Keep in mind that once the Skill Inheritance is out, you'll probably see Takumi + Vantage everywhere as Gordin can pass it to him.

That pretty much kills your three listed options (haven't mathed out the Klein versions vs Takumi versions, so he might be in the running still with the right IVs. But Takumi vs Takumi is always tricky before factoring in Vantage). Male!Robin is barely holding on as it is against that (Goes from "almost any IV" to "pretty needs to be +Speed or +Def, can't be -Attack and ideally not -HP) and really needs to plan it out well due to Vengeance. You need somebody who can drop a 1SK on Takumi, or barely take any damage.

The other problem with farming greys is.... outside of 3 specific ones for general use (the ones you have listed), and one or two for skill inheritance.... they range from "meh" to "Horrible because its a healer and healers are no use in the higher arena range which is a range you'll hit rocking all 5*s. Also wasting a 5* summon on a healer feels horrible."

Ohh man..totally forgotten about Skill inheritance. 

Yesterday I managed to reroll another account klein with +atk -hp. Then Got epmhraim and 4* Effie with meh IV after using another 60orbs from the special quest and story. 

But I am not sure if I should dump my current account with 4 x 5* with 2 optimal IV for it. 

What do you think? 

Edited by AkiraAsukai

2 hours ago, AkiraAsukai said:

Ah if that's the case,  I'm keeping Julia.  Lol!  Is my boon/bane considered as decent? I couldn't find any information about Julia's ideal IV Set. 

My Julia is  (-hp, + res) 

She already has high base Res and not to mention,  res buff.  So I am not sure if +res is necessary for her.  Lol

+Res doesn't help her all that much, and -HP hurts her ability to tank the occasional physical hit, though that's rarely an issue. It's not too different in performance compared to a neutral Julia (which I've been using).

The best nature is some combination of +Atk or +Spd with -Def or -Res, like with most offensive characters. The exact specifics depend on which enemies you intend her to target and what team support you can provide.