Which Nino to keep?

Liliesgrace

I have two 5* Ninos and I wasn't sure which one to keep as the one I don't is going to be used for skill fodder. One Nino has +HP/-ATK and the other has +ATK/-SPD. I don't think either speed or attack is a good thing to be the low stat but I sadly have a bane with either. Which one would be the most useful? I tend to use all of my units aggressively and don't really keep any successfully out of harm's way besides my healers.

With - Speed Nino will have 33 speed. None of the units below her that she counters will have enough speed to avoid getting doubles aside from +Spd Robin!M.

On the other end Lyn will double Nino now (unless it's a -spd Lyn) And Lyn isn't too common (or dangerous). I think +atk -Spd doesn't harm her too much. But don't just take my word for it.

You could have asked this in the "Ask fire emblem heroes questions and get them answered here" thread because the answer is quite simple! +Atk any day of the week. The speed could hurt a little but if you stop using your units aggressively and make some epic tactics you should be fine. Also, make sure you have a ton of bufftastic units to give her maximum power levels!

I have a +speed -att Nino and i actually think -att doesn't hurt Nino as much as it does other offensive units... since she can easily boost her offensive power with any stat boost, whereas more speed is actually kind of nice. Still not an easy call to make, but might actually be worth it.

-ATK can easily be worked around by using her with other units that offer buffs. With someone like Eirika she gains +12 ATK.

So it really depends on what other units you have.

It's a similar deal with Odin. He's actually really strong with the right setup.

Edited by DLuna

Neither is ideal but I really value Speed on Nino so I would actually go with the first one as well. If your second Nino's boon and bane were reversed she would actually be quite decent.

5 minutes ago, hunty said:

Neither is ideal but I really value Speed on Nino so I would actually go with the first one as well. If your second Nino's boon and bane were reversed she would actually be quite decent.

None of my banes/boons have been ideal unfortunately. A ton of my units are +ATK/-SPD like Ryoma which really irritates me. Now that I have maxed out a few 5* units I know how important just a bit more damage or speed can be. I'm trying to be better about including units who buff and getting them into working formations as well.

And thanks everyone for all the help and advice!

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It depends on the rest of your team composition.  -Atk can be worked around, as can -Spd.  However, it requires two different setups.

Would you be able to give me a quick rundown on those two setups?

In order:

-Atk: Can be approached in two ways - either raise Nino's attack via every last buff, or concentrate on getting her Speed so high that she doubles everything.  This is where I hack out Virion, because after Seal Speed is applied, the only neutral heroes she'll fail to double are Lon'qu, Fir, Hana (with L/D 3 equipped), and Linde.  She'll definitely want some sort of buff, as 43 natural attack is a bit lower than she likes.

-Spd: 33 Spd is still respectable.  I'd aim for a full set of buffs, because she's also +Atk.  If you manage to get a +4 buff on every stat, she'll pack a whopping 69 Attack - which is going to hurt, no matter who it's aimed at.

On 3/12/2017 at 8:00 PM, eclipse said:

In order:

-Atk: Can be approached in two ways - either raise Nino's attack via every last buff, or concentrate on getting her Speed so high that she doubles everything.  This is where I hack out Virion, because after Seal Speed is applied, the only neutral heroes she'll fail to double are Lon'qu, Fir, Hana (with L/D 3 equipped), and Linde.  She'll definitely want some sort of buff, as 43 natural attack is a bit lower than she likes.

-Spd: 33 Spd is still respectable.  I'd aim for a full set of buffs, because she's also +Atk.  If you manage to get a +4 buff on every stat, she'll pack a whopping 69 Attack - which is going to hurt, no matter who it's aimed at.

Thanks so much for the info! Definitely been working on paying more strategic attention to buffing my units.