All Hail the Dancing Manakete: New Banner Revealed

Vaximillian

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And once again, Tellius gets shafted and we get a shitty banner instead... We still only have ONE Tellius character. We did not need more Elibe characters yet (and this is coming from someone that wants Sain). I think every single new focus now has had at least one Elibe character, in fact. I'm tired of it, personally.

When will I get to summon anything again...

We needed more Blazing Blade characters. We only had eight. But I do agree that Tellius characters need to be added soon. Sanaki is nice and all, but I'd appreciate more.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

What would you do in my situation with only 132 orbs? Should I just roll on the color Ninian will be for tomorrow and ignore saving orbs from 5 rolls at a time?

Doing that decreases your chance of getting other 5 stars. I know Ninian us your boo, but let's be serious here. Here's what you should do:

Spoiler

Roll like this is the only time you will ever roll in your life. Roll like the world ends tomorrow. Roll like you have billions to spend. Roll like you're a tire. Roll like you're gonna die in the next 2 seconds.

So this way, even if you don't get Ninny you'll at least get something good. More than likely anyway ;):

And if you don't get her still then I guess you can make an alternate and start re-rolling?

Edited by Arcanite

4 minutes ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

We needed more Blazing Blade characters. We only had eight. But I do agree that Tellius characters need to be added soon. Sanaki is nice and all, but I'd appreciate more.

We didn't need anymore just yet. Tellius only has one. Magvel only two. They needed characters way more. Even Jugdral has more than that now (four).

It's like IS doesn't think fans care about them when we do quite a bit given how well they did in the Heroes poll (Ephraim and Eirika were voted high, Lute did pretty well too and then Ike got top 5 twice while Nephenee and Mia did well, even if I don't like the latter two much at all).

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Doing that decreases your chance of getting other 5 stars. I know Ninian us your boo, but let's be serious here. Here's what you should do:

Hide contents

Roll like this is the only time you will ever roll in your life. Roll like the world ends tomorrow. Roll like you have billions to spend. Roll like you're a tire. Roll like you're gonna die in the next 2 seconds.

So this way, even if you don't get Ninny you'll at least get something good. More than likely anyway ;):

But I'm also a casual with this this game.

I never cared for 5 stars.

I only have 1 and I was fine with that until I saved 500 orbs.

Well, until this happened.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hide contents

You say that, but I'll only do that after I get myself a Ninian. Unless RNG trolls me hard and gave me a full orbs without Ninian's color.

1 minute ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

You guys are complaining about Elibe characters when there are way more Fates characters.

Just chill out.

Tellius will be here eventually.

Yeah, but at least Elibe has several characters and every focus so far has had at least one Elibe character. Like I said, Tellius has just ONE character...

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

We didn't need anymore just yet. Tellius only has one. Magvel only two. They needed characters way more. Even Jugdral has more than that now (four).

I need all of them! Without exception! Without differentiation! More characters! More orbs for pulling said characters!

12 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

And waifus. And husbandos.

Strategery is the thing of the past.

Also that pull rate.

Hey @Ice Dragon

What would you do in my situation with only 132 orbs? Should I just roll on the color Ninian will be for tomorrow and ignore saving orbs from 5 rolls at a time?

As the resident heroes whale here on Serenes, you have a better idea about appearance rates than any of us.

The overall pull rate for a single Focus character is 0.5% for 6 Focus characters. If your goal is Ninian in particular, pull her color.

I'm led to believe based on (poorly documented) experience that the overall pull rates are simply used as weights per color (each color is weighted by the total of the overall pull rates of all characters of that color, and each character within that color is weighted why their overall pull rates). If Ninian is green, her pull rate will be around 2-4% on a back-of-the-envelope estimate due to the fact that there are fewer green characters and no other green characters in the Focus. If Ninian is colorless, then this is going to suck majorly, considering 4 other characters in this Focus group are colorless.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I need all of them! Without exception! Without differentiation! More characters! More orbs for pulling said characters!

Haha, I know, right? At this point, I'd be pleased to see even Mia added and I despise her. Hell, I'd keep her if I pulled her too, for the sake of gathering all the Greil Mercs. I'd love to do that one day. Ike and his gang are all lovely. <3

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

This must be what goes through the heads of whales huh?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Haha, I know, right? At this point, I'd be pleased to see even Mia added and I despise her. Hell, I'd keep her if I pulled her too, for the sake of gathering all the Greil Mercs. I'd love to do that one day. Ike and his gang are all lovely. <3

I'm not a fan of Ike but I can see he is popular. (why exactly he's popular is another question…)
The hoarder-collector instinct makes me want more different and varied characters.

Why did Fire Emblen need to have almost seven hundred distinct characters anyway?

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

This must be what goes through the heads of whales huh?

True that. I'm yet to spend a gold piece on the game though. It's too costly :(

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The overall pull rate for a single Focus character is 0.5% for 6 Focus characters. If your goal is Ninian in particular, pull her color.

I'm led to believe based on (poorly documented) experience that the overall pull rates are simply used as weights per color (each color is weighted by the total of the overall pull rates of all characters of that color, and each character within that color is weighted why their overall pull rates). If Ninian is green, her pull rate will be around 2-4% on a back-of-the-envelope estimate due to the fact that there are fewer green characters and no other green characters in the Focus. If Ninian is colorless, then this is going to suck majorly, considering 4 other characters in this Focus group are colorless.

Oh god, please don't even joke about her being colorless. I am going to be so miserable if that's really the case...

All signs point to either blue or green though, since she has a dragonstone seemingly and there's really literally no other weapon that would remotely fit her. I think she's probably going to be blue due to being an Ice Dragon but some people say green because of gameplay balance. I'm actually fine with green too since that won't conflict with my Y!Tiki and +1 Nowi. 

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Eliwood one shot her in game.

I hope she is *NOT* green like it would make sense.

But pull-wise, I do.

1 hour ago, TheEnd said:

you're waifu was used goods

Also I'm not sure if you know TheEnd from FESS... but he's making fun of me for finding out about your similar story to mine with programming haha.

Edited by shadowofchaos

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I'm not a fan of Ike but I can see he is popular. (why exactly he's popular is another question…)
The hoarder-collector instinct makes me want more different and varied characters.

Why did Fire Emblen need to have almost seven hundred distinct characters anyway?

I already explained why he's popular. His differences from other lords, he stars in two games that are praised a lot by FE fans (though PoR more so), he's got that "cool" vibe about him, and of course, Smash.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

*gasp* It makes perfect sense. PERFECT SENSE.
She must be green.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I already explained why he's popular. His differences from other lords, he's got that "cool" vibe about him, and of course, Smash.

I also explained it from a different perspective, but I guess it wasn't read... :dry:

My whole deal is this: IKE is the most popular character, and Tellius is one of the most popular settings in Fire Emblem.  I like me some Blazing Sword (it's one of my favorites and my first Fire Emblem), and Fates is fine (I guess) but...Tellius only has ONE character in the game, and that was a minor character randomly thrown into another banner that was all about other characters.  4 and 5 have more characters in Heroes than Tellius, and they weren't even released outside of Japan.

The explanation that I've seen which makes the most sense is that they are saving Tellius for when Heroes starts to decline.  Which, given their current direction, doesn't seem like it's that far off if they keep going down this same path...

Edited by Eselred

A dancing manakete? That certainly would be interesting. Too bad I gambled my orbs and got only low tier trash. Lucius and Priscila are totally low tier, anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. 

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Ike is popular because he fights for his friends. That's it.

Just a quick note, Ana.

The entire root of your problems with interactions that are heroes related in this forum is your impatience.

You literally rant how it's not fair to you after something relatively minor happens.

You literally toned down in rants after you got your 5 star Fred. And before that you were starting a whole hammy rant about how you're going to quit the game and heroes is a bad game.

So just chill.

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Just a quick note, Ana.

The entire root of your problems with interactions that are heroes related in this forum is your impatience.

You literally rant how it's not fair to you after something relatively minor happens.

You literally toned down in rants after you got your 5 star Fred. And before that you were starting a whole hammy rant about how you're going to quit the game and heroes is a bad game.

So just chill.

...What? I haven't been saying Heroes is a bad game. And I never said it wasn't fair to me. I said it's not fair to Tellius or Magvel. Never was I making this all about me and only me. PLEASE stop trying to paint me as as selfish brat. I refuse to ever act like that.

I am being impatient, yes, but I feel I have a right to be at this point.

The explanation that I've seen which makes the most sense is that they are saving Tellius for when the game starts to decline.  Which, given their current direction, doesn't seem like it's that far off if they keep going down this same path...

Yeah, I completely agree. Ratings could go down as well until Ike and other Tellius peeps are added.

Edited by Anacybele

I think he's fine really. I mean, it would kind of be strange if he was complaining about an obscure character, because who knows when those will ever come out. But wanting Ike out is a very fair demand, considering he did #1 on the polls and a lot of people legitimately want to run him. You'd think IS would at least churn out all the top 10 characters so everyone can be happy, and then take their time with event variations (Like Choose Your Legend) while everyone is busy with the regular versions.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

2 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I think he's fine really. I mean, it would kind of be strange if he was complaining about an obscure character, because who knows when those will ever come out. But wanting Ike out is a very fair demand, considering he did #1 on the polls and a lot of people legitimately want to run him. You'd think IS would at least churn out all the top 10 characters so everyone can be happy, and then take their time with event variations (Like Choose Your Legend) while everyone is happy with the regular versions.

He? Who are you referring to here, exactly? Because I'm a woman...

Also, I wouldn't even say obscure characters are all that farfetched at this point considering Sanaki is the first Tellius character rather than someone actually notable like Ike, Elincia, Black Knight, Micaiah, or even RD Sothe...

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, L9999 said:

A dancing manakete? That certainly would be interesting. Too bad I gambled my orbs and got only low tier trash. Lucius and Priscila are totally low tier, anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. 

Ike is popular because he fights for his friends. That's it.

Negative.  That's not "it" at all, as I've already explained in another post.  I am indifferent to Ike's personality and am satisfied that he isn't some annoying anime trope.  I couldn't care less that he "fights for his friends".

11 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Oh god, please don't even joke about her being colorless. I am going to be so miserable if that's really the case...

All signs point to either blue or green though, since she has a dragonstone seemingly and there's really literally no other weapon that would remotely fit her. I think she's probably going to be blue due to being an Ice Dragon but some people say green because of gameplay balance. I'm actually fine with green too since that won't conflict with my Y!Tiki and +1 Nowi. 

10 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

But pull-wise, I do.

Assuming she's using a breath weapon, green is the most likely color because ice magic (Blizzard, Fimbulvetr, Rexcalibur) has traditionally been a part of wind magic, and wind magic is green.

Crossing my fingers for green.

10 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Also I'm not sure if you know TheEnd from FESS... but he's making fun of me for finding out about your similar story to mine with programming haha.

Ahahahahahaha. Oh my god, I haven't heard that name in ages.

Edited by Ice Dragon