All Hail the Dancing Manakete: New Banner Revealed

Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Eselred said:

Have you played Radiant Dawn?

IKE and Haar duo maps, even on Hard (AKA Japanese Lunatic) mode.  He can easily solo his Endgame maps (well, he might need some bodies to block space in the defend map).  He regularly caps pretty much every stat, except for MAG and RES (I think I even cap RES sometimes with BEXP tricks and items).  He has epic battle music.  His "intro" cinematic is super hype.

IKE is nothing too spectacular in PoR (at least until Ragnell), but he's still quite good, which makes him automatically better than at least half of the Lords in Fire Emblem.

"broken unit" and "likable character" are , for some people, two different things. Personality, backstory, and design-wise, what is so special about Ike? He might be special among the lords that he isn't an actual blue blood, but still look like common shonen protagonist compared to many animangame MC. 

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Well, you can kinda tell when certain heroes are going to be 5* only, even after their initial focus summon. My main wish from this banner is Ninian, and I supremely doubt she's going to show up as a 3* or 4*. This banner is actually really ideal since whether she's Green or Blue, she will almost certainly be the only one of her color. This allows me to do controlled pulling with relative success since I'm not too concerned about the rest. Ephraim and Julia have been 5* only so far, and I'm not sure about those in the current banner that's going to end, but it seems like if you're important enough to the plot there's a very good chance of becoming 5* only. Not to mention, waiting too long might make the hero pool too big and reduce your odds rather drastically for a banner that may or may not have multiples of a certain color. Still, I can see your logic but I feel it's a bit overkill to say 'worst' about the initial banner for characters

Valid points. I'm still a bit sad I missed the boat with Julia since that was probably the ideal time to get her. I suspect this upcoming banner will be the best time to get Ninian too.

Of the recent batch, it was easier to get Ephraim in the Princes banner versus Family Bonds unless my Maths sucks. I wasn't really thinking of the others ^^

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

"broken unit" and "likable character" are , for some people, two different things. Personality, backstory, and design-wise, what is so special about Ike? He might be special among the lords that he isn't an actual blue blood, but still look like common shonen protagonist compared to many animangame MC. 

He really likes protein shakes?

For me, it's the fact that he's an amazing unit (and a Lord to boot), and his personality is inoffensive.  Sure he's kind of bland and vanilla, but he's not some annoying cliched trope, so that's just fine by my standards.

And once again, Tellius gets shafted and we get a shitty banner instead... We still only have ONE Tellius character. We did not need more Elibe characters yet (and this is coming from someone that wants Sain). I think every single new focus now has had at least one Elibe character, in fact. I'm tired of it, personally.

When will I get to summon anything again...

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Of the recent batch, it was easier to get Ephraim in the Princes banner versus Family Bonds unless my Maths sucks. I wasn't really thinking of the others ^^

Family Bonds: 3%/4 Characters = 0.75%

Princes: 3%/3 Characters = 1.00%

Yup. Your math is correct. I don't know why but I wanted to do that. XD

Edited by Falcom

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And once again, Tellius gets shafted and we get a shitty banner instead... We still only have ONE Tellius character. We did not need more Elibe characters yet (and this is coming from someone that wants Sain). I think every single new focus now has had at least one Elibe character, in fact. I'm tired of it, personally.

When will I get to summon anything again...

I agree. They could have thrown plenty of other tellius or jugval. But nope elibe only. (That being said. Hoping for my black knight,Sonia as boss char)

Edited by Ryuke

5 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

I agree. They could have thrown plenty of other tellius or jugval. But nope elibe only.

Yeah, not everyone likes Elibe. Why not cater to some other fans for a change? I'm sick of Elibe. Elibe bores me.

Also, Ike is popular because he's different from other lords by not being a noble or royal, not having crazy ancestry, and having humble beginnings and then rising to a high position to lead an army to victory. There's also some people that love him in Smash.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, not everyone likes Elibe. Why not cater to some other fans for a change? I'm sick of Elibe. Elibe bores me.

I only like elibe antagonist. Fun fact. We only have 2 magvel characters..

Not a smart business strategy.

2 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

I only like elibe antagonist. Fun fact. We only have 2 magvel characters..

Not a smart business strategy.

I only really like Sain. And yeah, we only have two Magvel characters too. I want Seth, Joshua, Kyle, Franz, etc. too. No more fucking Elibe characters, please, IS. Make the next focus have NONE. Not even Sain.

I'm honestly about to boycott the game until more NON-Elibe characters are added. But I don't want to act ridiculous or immature either. I still want to play some battles every now and then in the arena too.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Give it some time. They're probably preparing Valentian characters to tie in with SoV in Japan next month as well as the "Choose Your Legends" thing. Tellius, Jugdral, Magvel, and others will get their chance. 

@ new banner: I must have Ninian and reunite her with Eliwood and Roy. Jaffar would be cool to have as well. 

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Give it some time. They're probably preparing Valentian characters to tie in with SoV in Japan next month as well as the "Choose Your Legends" thing. Tellius, Jugdral, Magvel, and others will get their chance.

What do you think I've been doing? I've given it a whole month and a half already. If you were in my position, you'd be getting impatient too. I also don't think these banners have been smart business decisions. Who's really going to spend money to get any of these characters? A few people might do so for Ninian (because she's strangely popular), but otherwise...?

Also, I don't know any Gaiden characters except Alm and Celica, so I don't care about them either. I might once and if I play SoV, but not right now.

Edited by Anacybele

It doesn't matter Ninian will be a blue or green unit. Either way, it will result in a hilarious way with Roy's  TA. If she's blue, she's gonna spank him hard. If she's green, Roy is going to join "parent killer" team with Lilina. 

Also, power creep this soon? Ninian's role could be a fusion of Olivia and FCorrin/Fae's role since she is both a dancer and a dragon. 

Focus looks pretty tight. I like Rebecca a lot so I'd like to pull her, but I already have a 5* Jeorge so I'm not going to be super upset if I don't get her.

It would be great if I got Ninian, Jaffar, or both from this one

Elibe is fine, since Marcus (who's not in the game yet) and Hector (who is a random 5* and wasn't a focus) are two of my favorite characters, but at this point that FE universe has been WAY overdone.

And talk about not pulling...I haven't pulled on a banner since the launch banners!  That's got to be at least a month now, and it looks like the streak will continue...

At this point, it's like FFRK got with FF7 events and banners literally every other time.  It's a bit silly.

Edited by Eselred

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well you know what they say! 

Reveal hidden contents

WE LIKE IKE

I never had the chance to play his game... So it's hard to know... I just know he's popular.

8 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Either way, it will result in a hilarious way with Roy's TA. If she's blue, she's gonna spank him hard.

I need some fanart of this. Or maybe I don't.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I only really like Sain. And yeah, we only have two Magvel characters too. I want Seth, Joshua, Kyle, Franz, etc. too. No more fucking Elibe characters, please, IS. Make the next focus have NONE. Not even Sain.

I'm honestly about to boycott the game until more NON-Elibe characters are added. But I don't want to act ridiculous or immature either. I still want to play some battles every now and then in the arena too.

You'll be shooting yourself in the foot by not playing at all until more Magvel units are released. You can do the same as me and save your orbs until you're happy with the number of units you want seen in the game are able to be summoned. As for myself, I predict I'll have at least 500 orbs saved up before I'm satisfied with the number of FE7 and FE8 units in the game before I start my summoning spree.

---

Considering how FE7 and later entries (ex. FE12) were international releases, they really should focus on releasing characters from those games more than FE6 and earlier.

4 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

I never had the chance to play his game... So it's hard to know... I just know he's popular.

Understandable. Ike's games are too hard to get legitimately these days. They're so expensive. This is a reason a lot of fans have been asking for them to get re-released. IS could be hesitant because they sold poorly before, but come on, the FE fanbase has grown a LOT since then and Ike has grown very popular. They'll assuredly sell much better this time.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Raven said:

You'll be shooting yourself in the foot by not playing at all until more Magvel units are released. You can do the same as me and save your orbs until you're happy with the number of units you want seen in the game are able to be summoned. As for myself, I predict I'll have at least 500 orbs saved up before I'm satisfied with the number of FE7 and FE8 units in the game before I start my summoning spree.

---

Considering how FE7 and later entries (ex. FE12) were international releases, they really should focus on releasing characters from those games more than FE6 and earlier.

And most of FE12's cast are repeats from FE11, except for the new annoying throwaway characters and OP Avatar (Chris?  Kris?)

But this is a Japanese game made by a Japanese company, so they cater to that market first and foremost.  It might not be the best business decision, but it's how they roll.

8 minutes ago, Eselred said:

Elibe is fine, since Marcus (who's not in the game yet) and Hector (who is a random 5* and wasn't a focus) are two of my favorite characters, but at this point that FE universe has been WAY overdone.

And talk about not pulling...I haven't pulled on a banner since the launch banners!  That's got to be at least a month now, and it looks like the streak will continue...

At this point, it's like FFRK got with FF7 events and banners literally every other time.  It's a bit silly.

Except the most popular game is awakening.

10 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

It doesn't matter Ninian will be a blue or green unit. Either way, it will result in a hilarious way with Roy's  TA. If she's blue, she's gonna spank him hard. If she's green, Roy is going to join "parent killer" team with Lilina. 

Also, power creep this soon? Ninian's role could be a fusion of Olivia and FCorrin/Fae's role since she is both a dancer and a dragon. 

I see her as green and Nils taking blue.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Telling myself not to summon is a tough cookie. Hopefully arena and feather can carry me for now. Next batch gonna be Karla, harken, Isadora, old bartre, Marcus and Nils. Then I am gonna slap them.

5 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Emulating is a way though. Not your fault the dilogia is so arm-and-leg expensive.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Understandable. Ike's games are too hard to get legitimately these days. They're so expensive. This is a reason a lot of fans have been asking for them to get re-released. IS could be hesitant because they sold poorly before, but come on, the FE fanbase has grown a LOT since then and Ike has grown very popular. They'll assuredly sell much better this time.

One would hope that with the massive popularity of IKE in the polls that maybe IS would get the hint and do a proper 9 and 10 re-release, but I wouldn't hold my breath...