Fire Emblem Fates Tier List

KadenTheKitsune

4 minutes ago, Torappu said:

Yeah, I get it. They intended him to be a tanky Samurai to separate him from Hana, but in general he wasn't that good in the end. I didn't mean to blame IS for that choice, since it wasn't what they intended in the first place, so I'm sorry if I sounded like that.

He worked out just fine for me. He wasn't spectacular, but I preferred him to Hana, who was so RNG screwed that I went crazy after a time of trying to train her and having her die repeatedly to 30 to 40% hits. Just...eugh.

Just now, KadenTheKitsune said:

Did you guys vote on Xander, Camilla, Leo, and Elise yet, or did the poll glitch out? I changed it a few times and it still shows that people have voted already.

Yeah, I can't vote, it shows the results like I already did. Weird... You ought to just delete it and put up another one.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hinata can't be Knight without Corrin's love. Oni Savage is the natural Heart class of Hinata, but have you seen his Speed with it? Good luck tanking with that single digit Res. Nohr loves its Malig Knights, Dark Knights, and Sorcerers. Add a Throwing Club, and he might be getting doubled by them without a Speed DS pal. Enemy magic-physical segregation is more a thing in CQ chapters than BR.

I can't see Takumi being amongst the very highest. His earlygame is wicked, and he holds up over the long run if you can keep his Speed boosted, but being bowlocked is still a flaw. Course in the long run, Azama wins out.

Hinoka might be better than Takumi in the long run, particularly if we let her hop into her Spear Fighter heart class when she prefers fight over flight.

Just now, Extrasolar said:

Yeah, I can't vote, it shows the results like I already did. Weird... You ought to just delete it and put up another one.

Oh yea, I forgot about that. I'm so dumb :>_<:. I'll just delete it then and make another one with more characters on it. Sorry.

if you're banning reclasses you should ban using items other than starting inventories too

it wouldn't make sense, intsys gave everybody their starting inventories for a reason

if we didn't do this, we'd be here all day arguing items, who's better with this weapon and who's better with that stat booster, etc.

1 minute ago, DoesntKnowHowToPlay said:

if you're banning reclasses you should ban using items other than starting inventories too

it wouldn't make sense, intsys gave everybody their starting inventories for a reason

if we didn't do this, we'd be here all day arguing items, who's better with this weapon and who's better with that stat booster, etc.

This is a strawman. Weapons make little ultimate difference in a unit's performance. Reclass makes a huge, huge difference. And we don't take stat boosters into account by default.

5 minutes ago, DoesntKnowHowToPlay said:

@DoesntKnowHowToPlay That's actually a great idea! I forgot to mention that.

But this tier list won't be including items and weapons (personal weapons are an exception like Ryoma's, Takumi's, Xander's, Leo's, etc.)

3 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

This is a strawman. Weapons make little ultimate difference in a unit's performance. Reclass makes a huge, huge difference. And we don't take stat boosters into account by default.

I just assumed that people wouldn't consider stat boosters and weapons. I agree that weapons don't add that much to a unit's performance.
@Extrasolar were you the person that voted already or was that someone else?

Edited by KadenTheKitsune

2 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Multiple people have already voted. I'm one of them

OK. When I commented on that there were only 2 people who voted. Just as I was about to submit my vote someone else voted. I just wanted to see if it was you that beat me lol.

Does everyone agree on this:

Xander: A+/A
Leo: B+/B
Camilla: S/ A+
Elise: A/A-
Effie: A+/A

31 minutes ago, KadenTheKitsune said:

OK. When I commented on that there were only 2 people who voted. Just as I was about to submit my vote someone else voted. I just wanted to see if it was you that beat me lol.

Just now, KadenTheKitsune said:

@SpearOfLies Just to discuss, why do you think Xander is A+ and Effie is A?

Xander is a tank against anything except mage which you are idiot to put him tank a mage, but he can OHKO them. Tank unit is always good considering how much the game like gangbang you.

Effie is insane good early unit with very good def base but after mid game she is like averange hero/berseker because of her bad def growth and you cannot really use her good speed growth. She can tank some hit but cannot survival a gangbang like xander.

47 minutes ago, KadenTheKitsune said:

Just now, noook said:

How can Effie be a good unit when reclassing is banned arbitrarily? As it stands Silas is a much better earlygame tank and damage dealer.

Effie is more useful in the long run than Silas, due to far, far outpacing him in both strength and defense. The only advantage Silas has over her is a horse.

7 minutes ago, SpearOfLies said:

Xander is a tank against anything except mage which you are idiot to put him tank a mage, but he can OHKO them. Tank unit is always good considering how much the game like gangbang you.

Xander does have good Strength and Defense, but he also has a low hit rate. Plus you get Xander in the middle of the game, and your other units are close to the same level as him. But Xander also gets bodied by mages if you're not careful, due to his low RES.

7 minutes ago, SpearOfLies said:

Effie is insane good early unit with very good def base but after mid game she is like averange hero/berseker because of her bad def growth and you cannot really use her good speed growth. She can tank some hit but cannot survival a gangbang like xander.

Effie is one of the best characters in Fates! She starts off with 23 HP, 13 STR, and 14 DEF. And that's in Chapter 7. she has a 55% growth rate in HP, 80% growth rate in STR, and 55% growth rate in DEF. I am playing Conquest right now and only being on Chapter 23, Effie already has 38 Def and around 35 Str being a Level 13 General. She's a tank! But over time she does slowly gain Spd and Res, but not as much as Str and Def.

1 hour ago, joshcja said:

Elise is one of the units that is just staggeringly better with reclassing. Taken out of the cancer that is the troubador line she's actually bulky as sin on both sides after one angelic robe use and she will always hit statue boosted caps in Mag/Luck/Res/Speed regardless of her class. (This is obviously not a consideration for ranking in this thread now, but it's hilarious to see Elise bump 40 def in nogrind)

40 def? don't you mean 40 HP?

Her averages reclassed ASAP put her at 36 HP, and that goes to over 40 with Seraph Robe. But DEF stops at 24 That's going Wyvern Lord, btw.

Anyways, Reclassing totally should be included. I hate the mechanic with a passion, and IS certainly didn't balance extensive reclassing. But cases like Mozu and Azama clearly say they didn't add the mechanic and forgot about it.

Corrinsexuals also have 3 base classes to compensate for their lack of A+/S options, so there's another argument.

Edited by guedesbrawl

Keep in mind that between Silas's personal skill and Elbow Room he gets +6 to damage dealt and -3 to damage taken (+8/-5 if he's actually carrying half-hp Corrin)

The only useful things Effie can do in the campaign that Silas and Xander have a little trouble dealing with is the kitsune mob in ch19. (Of course in actual play you'd just reclass Xander into Wyvern Lord and give him a Beast Killer but this tier list is ignoring how people normally play the game fsr)

4 minutes ago, noook said:

How can Effie be a good unit when reclassing is banned arbitrarily? As it stands Silas is a much better earlygame tank and damage dealer.

By reclassing, I mean changing to a class other than one obtainable by a Master Seal.

1 minute ago, noook said:

(Of course in actual play you'd just reclass Xander into Wyvern Lord and give him a Beast Killer but this tier list is ignoring how people normally play the game fsr)

How you play the game isn't how "people normally play the game."

The only useful things Effie can do in the campaign that Silas and Xander have a little trouble dealing with is the kitsune mob in ch19. (Of course in actual play you'd just reclass Xander into Wyvern Lord and give him a Beast Killer but this tier list is ignoring how people normally play the game fsr)

I've found that Silas tends to be mediocre. He'll have okay damage, okay tankiness, okay speed (a lot of the time not even enough to double), but more often than not fail to kill things that Effie and Xander would easily kill. He's not nearly as tanky as Effie or Xander either. He's okay. Not great. Effie and Xander far outpace him.

Keep in mind that between Silas's personal skill and Elbow Room he gets +6 to damage dealt and -3 to damage taken (+8/-5 if he's actually carrying half-hp Corrin)

Effie has some pretty good skills herself, too. Silas and Xander especially have a hard time raising their Stats when they level up. They only gain 2 or 3 stats, while Effie almost always levels up her HP, Str, Def, and Luck.

2 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I've found that Silas tends to be mediocre. He'll have okay damage, okay tankiness, okay speed (a lot of the time not even enough to double), but more often than not fail to kill things that Effie and Xander would easily kill. He's not nearly as tanky as Effie or Xander either. He's okay. Not great. Effie and Xander far outpace him.

Definitely. I began to use Silas, but he wasn't getting anywhere for me so I just gave up on him. Xander is much better than Silas, but Effie is better than Xander.

(Oops, accidentely double posted, thought this was edited into latest post)

11 minutes ago, noook said:

Silas is only a better damage dealer in a no reclass if you give him the SPD boosters for him to double attack, which on a no reclass, you probably want to pump on Xander and then Leo. (reminder: you own't have Rally Speed unless Children paralogues are allowed)

Effie tends to clean out things either completely by herself in one strike, or with the help of anyone's attack stance.

Defensively, Effie will have access to Wary fighter which increases her tanking viability. My Effie (strategically given a seraph robe) was instrumental to my opening move in Chapter 25, before my selena had shurikenbreaker. Being able to bait ninjas and deny them of their double attack is very useful, same goes for a variety of other fast foes (...kinda mostly cuz her skill isn't the greatest)

Silas no-reclass is certainly pretty good on an average level (the risk of being RNg screwed across the board is high with this one), but effie is slightly more useful. They make great use of each other, though: Silas ferries her and uses the Offense/Defense boost if he needs to. GK!Silas gets Def+2 if you marry them, which is at least a thing (given that you can subvert the no reclass rules to still learn skills from other class trees in such cases. Effie is the only one that lets silas do this, and conversely, she can get Elbow room if you give up on Wary Fighter)

16 minutes ago, KadenTheKitsune said:

Xander does have good Strength and Defense, but he also has a low hit rate. Plus you get Xander in the middle of the game, and your other units are close to the same level as him. But Xander also gets bodied by mages if you're not careful, due to his low RES.

As long he can tank 3-4 generals/bersekers, I don't really care about his hit rate. Plus he is mounted unit so you can positioning yourself and movr a lot better.

18 minutes ago, KadenTheKitsune said:

Effie is one of the best characters in Fates! She starts off with 23 HP, 13 STR, and 14 DEF. And that's in Chapter 7. she has a 55% growth rate in HP, 80% growth rate in STR, and 55% growth rate in DEF. I am playing Conquest right now and only being on Chapter 23, Effie already has 38 Def and around 35 Str being a Level 13 General. She's a tank! But over time she does slowly gain Spd and Res, but not as much as Str and Def.

I guess you have insane good def level up to have def higher than str considering str be 80%. 

14 hours ago, joshcja said:

"Effie deals more damage than Silias"

And now we've banned math!

In a no reclass (I mean, that WAS the discussion here, wasn't it?), that's probably going to be the case save for Generals... as If you don't give Effie an Arms scroll, she probably won't have Hammer until Endgame.

And even otherwise, Effie might do less damage than Silas because Silas will double, but the damage she does + attack stance should be enough to wipe out whatever she is fighting with little more than attack stance outside of cases she can't afford to have an attack stance partner (which won't pop up in an efficiency playthrough because you probably won't tank in those.). So it's just splitting hairs in most situations.